CSI: Cyber

I watched just a few minutes of the show and I just didn´t feel like watching the whole thing.
I´m not even sure I watched last episode.
Somehow I´m not feeling as attracted to this show as I was before.

I´m about to give u:(p on this show

I´m behind about 4 episodes

Last night I watched one of them, and I thought the case was very silly to say the least.

Arquette looked with even more pounds on that last time I saw her, like she could barely fit in her clothes,

But above all, I thought the episode didn´t make sense.

:(

Unless you padded your recordings, you probably don't have four episodes recorded, a few weeks ago it was delayed almost an hour. I believe this week is episode #10, so it's almost half over. I still enjoy laughing at this show, so I'm still watching. At least this show answered one question I had, Elisabeth Shue's character in CSI did infact die.

I´m about to give u:(p on this show

I´m behind about 4 episodes

Last night I watched one of them, and I thought the case was very silly to say the least.

Arquette looked with even more pounds on that last time I saw her, like she could barely fit in her clothes,

But above all, I thought the episode didn´t make sense.

:(
I guess winning an Academy award this year didn't inspire Patricia Arquette to want to slim down a bit. Now she thinks she doesn't have to. Either way I stopped watching because the show gets played later and later every Sunday during football season. That and the stories are a little crazy. This show and Scorpion are the two shows I find most unbelievable and out there, and I watch superhero shows on Cw /CBS/Fox every week.:biggrin2

Sunday is the day of the week that CBS sends shows to to die. It's basically the day that they give to shows that they have no confidence in but have to air them anyways.

With that being said, some of the concepts in the show have some merit in the sense that people who may not know anything about computer security could see it as a wake up call to the fact that they need to stay ever vigilant and that they need to better protect themselves. The barbarians are at the gate, and by barbarians, I mean hackers. They are always looking for ways to exploit those who aren't in the know about securing their stuff. This show could be a way of education to the common folk.

As a self-professed geek there are definite moments where I cringe. In one of the recent episodes they showed a MAC Address on screen. I paused to look at it and then screamed at the TV because it had letters in the MAC Address string that were higher than F. If you know anything about MAC Addresses they are HEX numbers, meaning 0 through 9 and A through F, nothing higher in the alphabet than F.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
And like most shows, they also get IP addresses wrong too. 255 is the highest number that can be used in an IP address since 255 is the highest number you can create using an 8-bit word. IP addresses are made up of 4 octets, meaning 4 sets of 8 bit words making up a 32-bit number. An IP address uses a 32-bit addressing scheme. So of course they threw in a 500 into a part of an IP address and I shook my head when I saw that.

We didn't get any of CSI Cyber at all Sunday night. After the Good wife ran they went with the local news and it was after 11:00pm by then. So my 90 minute over run added to my manual timer didn't cover the whole thing. Now I set it to go till 12:00am next Sunday. GOD I hate sports overruns!

Well I guess I´ll try to watch the episodes I can and that´s it.
Will try to take it easy and just keep in mind I watch if for entertainment :)

With that being said, some of the concepts in the show have some merit in the sense that people who may not know anything about computer security could see it as a wake up call to the fact that they need to stay ever vigilant and that they need to better protect themselves. The barbarians are at the gate, and by barbarians, I mean hackers. They are always looking for ways to exploit those who aren't in the know about securing their stuff. This show could be a way of education to the common folk..

I can’t say I agree. Instead of being paranoid about internet enabled devices, people should first properly learn some preventative measures to prevent unauthorized network access. Other than a car being hacked to prove a point, I don’t recall reading many cases of ‘internet of things’ devices being hacked. In real life, this has the making of an ‘evil boogidity-man’ story that the media will feast on for years to come. Just like how thousands of kids die every year from razor blades and needles in their Halloween candy, ‘WARNING PARENTS! Your baby’s smart nightlight could burst into flames because of this newly discovered security flaw, more at 11 tune in, you heard it here first’.

Instead of CSI:Cyber focusing on things that are unlikely to happen, such as your wifi enabled dildo being compromised, the show should focus on the real bad and despicable things that happen on the Tor networks. People should learn what is really out there and how people cause extreme harm to other people using the internet, you know things more serious than having a connected coffee maker go bezzerk.

In amazes me the CBS airs such garbage TV when their sister network Showtime is world class. January 21 on Showtime is the premier on an 8 part series called Dark Net that will explore real cybercrime and talk about things that have and do happen, you know real actual things that are threatening to humanity.

With that said, I’m done with this show. I deleted my timers.