CSI: Cyber

You better stick to the NON FICTION shows then.
So if the culprit is Santa Claus riding on a unicorn in Narnia, that would be okay?

Once you set a fictional universe (like CSI), things need to make sense WITHIN the fictional universe, otherwise you break the suspension of disbelief. I think the term an English teacher may use is verisimilitude.

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain

You better stick to the NON FICTION shows then.

I don’t have a problem with fiction. I have a problem with over the top fiction in a series that is supposed to have some roots based in reality. I have no problem with the over the top and completely unrealistic stuff they do in the CSIs, if it was done in a Marvel movie. On a police drama that’s rooted in some form of reality, there is no need for some idiotic virtual morgue and hand swipe gestures in mid-air that can control numerous amounts of computer screens that are projected on clear glass walls.

The first few seasons of Vegas, and most of NY were easy to stomach. Miami was a joke, laughing at H. and his sunglasses kept me watching. Like with Cyber, watching CSI:Miami as an hour long sitcom minus the laugh track makes it much easier to watch. I wonder how long they are going to continue with the ‘everyday objects that get hacked’ theme on CSI:Cyber. If they keep losing almost 20% of their audience each week the show will go the way of it’s its three predecessors pretty quickly.

Reactions: TNGTony
There's an EASY solution here guys ...
All you guys that are saying the show stinks and you are not gonna watch it ... why are you still watching ?
As long as your watching, your being counted, so quit watching and the show may be gone.

You guys don't have to continue complaining about it, just quit watching it.

I was hoping the show would be good, seeing all the other CSI's are now gone.
I am watching, however, it's really not going anywhere and it's NOT on my list of shows that I watch right away when it comes on.

Therefore, I may not be watching much longer either.

I am hanging on because I like the guy from Numb3rs (Peter McNichol) and was hoping he would do well.

I'm actually liking Scorpion better.

I haven't watched it since about 34 minutes into the pilot. I was making a point about those that say, "It's fiction therefore it's the viewer's duty to swallow the most incongruent plot device as if it fits into the fictional universe."

Numb3rs was another show I watched for about 80 minutes before I realized what an improbable crock of dookie it was. :)

And Scorpion is an AMAZING example of incongruent unbelievable plot twists. Wait, let me get the lan cable and Ferrari to connect my laptop to this airplane flying 7 feet off the runway

I just watched a Scorpion, episode and I just can´t stay really into it, so far I´ve watched Cyber´s full episodes.
The Scorpion rerun was about a crashed chopper, and the shrink kissing or telling Happy that he loves her.....:eek:

There's an EASY solution here guys ...
All you guys that are saying the show stinks and you are not gonna watch it ... why are you still watching ?
Because it’s funny. CSI:Cyber can be very humorous. I’m not a Neilson household, so I’m not being counted in the ratings. I don’t watch it On Demand, so I’m not included in any view count by my TV providers. CSI:Miami, I watched that not just so I could mock it, but every year there seemed to be 2 or 3 episodes that I thought were really good, or as good as they could possibly be. Thursdays are a pretty busy viewing day for me, with Criminal Minds, The American’s, Broadchurch, and now Shipping Wars and Storage Wars and I’d like to catch that show on Audience, Full Circle, but as long as I can find time, I will be recording CSI:Cyber for a laugh or two, unless it gets to be like Scorpion and then I’ll bail.

I still was able to watch almost the full episode, until the case was closed, but I still think those cases are far- fetched.
I´m not really worried about my electronic equipment being burned remotely.:rolleyes:

Reactions: MikeD-C05
And the next episode sounds even more silly....:rolleyes:

Crowd Sourced” – The Cyber team must track down a bomber fixated on revealing the “truth” about society’s overreliance on technology.

But I´ll watch it though, now Scorpion is the one I tried but I was happy to give up. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts