CSI:NY In Trouble?

Steve Mehs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2010
Marilla, NY
Anyone see the article on Yahoo's TV Page the other day that listed CSI:NY as one of the shows doomed for cancelation? I always thought CSI:NY did pretty well, and it's my favorite of the three. I know the Friday night timeslot sucks, but wow, I was shocked to see that.

I never liked the New York CSI. I tried to watch it but their accents drove me crazy. CSI Miami is more my favorite, followed by the original CSI.

Anyone see the article on Yahoo's TV Page the other day that listed CSI:NY as one of the shows doomed for cancelation? I always thought CSI:NY did pretty well, and it's my favorite of the three. I know the Friday night timeslot sucks, but wow, I was shocked to see that.

I would have thought that Miami might be going, seeing it's stuck on Sundays ...
Then again Friday is also a night to die.

The Yahoo article mentioned either 9.1 or 9.5 million viewers can't remember which, but I guess that's not where CBS wants it. I can't find the article at the moment, but it also mentioned about maybe switching days again. CBS is not doing Jerry Bruckheimer any favors the past couple season. With Cold Case and Without A Trace both getting canceled, Eleventh Hour and Miami Medical only getting a season before cancelation and the screwing with the time slots of CSI:Miami and CSI:NY. I love CSI and CSI:NY, CSI:Miami has never been that great, but it keeps getting worse. Only reason why I continue to watch is because every season there seems to be one or two really really good episodes. Not sure if two hours of good makes up for 24 hours of bad but I’ll continue to wartch.

I always thought that Sunday was one of the nights with the highest viewership. Why dioes everyone think it is a bad timeslot?

CBS may be victim of their own success. They need to make room for two mid-season replacements (one of them being the new criminal minds spinoff), but not a lot of ratings slackers in their prime-time lineup.
I think you may very well be right. Look at some of the new shows, Blue Bloods, Hawaii 5-0, The Defenders, Bleep My Dad Says, they are all doing pretty good. CBS is by far my most watched network, with the exception of Survivor, I DVR every single CBS Primetime show on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights. There simply doesn’t appear to be enough time in Primetime for CBS. I’m sure NBC would love to have the problem :D

Correction...they can drop-kick Undercover Boss! Good idea turned into a commercialized Soap Opera/Company PR campaign!!

I’m glad someone finally said it! When Undercover Boss first came about everyone seemed ecstatic over the show. People thought it was some type of moral victory for the little person/common laborer for the CEO of a company to do the job of a peon. I’m no fan of reality shows, can’t stand ‘em personally, and I think they’re mostly all fixed and fake in some way or another, but Undercover Boss is nothing but a 60 minute commercial. That’s all that show is.

I’m glad someone finally said it! When Undercover Boss first came about everyone seemed ecstatic over the show. People thought it was some type of moral victory for the little person/common laborer for the CEO of a company to do the job of a peon. I’m no fan of reality shows, can’t stand ‘em personally, and I think they’re mostly all fixed and fake in some way or another, but Undercover Boss is nothing but a 60 minute commercial. That’s all that show is.
That would be teachsac who has been complaining about the show for months. I don't watch it very often...and he was absolutely right.

I have decided to pad my HR24 on Sunday nights an extra hour so I don't miss CSI Miami.

Undercover Boss is getting boring, I will be taking it off the list soon, I do like to catch it when theres a company that interests me.

Although I would like to see the CEO of McDonalds do it and see what they say about not allowing someone to get a glass of water without PAYING for a CUP.

I go in to get lunch from time to time and want water, but don't pay for BOTTLED water, ask for a glass of water and they refuse.

I could be coming in exhausted hot and sweating from working outside and they won't give you a simple glass of water.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)