CSR Comments on Voom Website

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

labnet

Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
For whatever it is worth. A few minutes ago I spoke to a CSR from Voom in the San Antonio location. He said that the website voom falls under CVC control and was sorry the problem. However, Mr. Dolan Sr. still plans to launch a new Voom company with a different name after March and carry all the subcribers. He added that the new programming and new sattelite will still happen. :)

I hope he is right, but they have already sent out layoff notices. If I was in their shoes I would be looking for another job

I wonder where they're getting the marching orders? What company is the subcontractor? I think it's been mentioned here before...

Somehow remaining assets need to be freed from CVC.

I have faith the Dolan clan will find the way.

bradley said:
Somehow remaining assets need to be freed from CVC.

I have faith the Dolan clan will find the way.

It would seem so, but it looks like cablevision is just as willing to throw them in the garbage can as well.

I mean who else is interested in the voom21 and who can cablevision get the lease to, unless amc will just take it back?

Cablevision, Just wisen up and give Voom to Charles Dolan. Otherwise you will spend more money shutting the system down than you will selling it to him.

labnet said:
However, Mr. Dolan Sr. still plans to launch a new Voom company with a different name after March and carry all the subcribers.

I was actually thinking about this earlier, with all the down sizing and company buyouts that I have been through - sometimes the best thing to do is just start over from scratch. But at least this time around he would have 40,000+ subs to start with :yes

It's just my opinion here, but I think this is the only way to keep things going - and yes I have seen things like this happen before, that old saying of "if there is a will, there is way..." :D

I just got off the phone ComCast fror an install on the 11th, but I'm NOT going to get rid of VOOM untill the lights go out - something as revoloutionary as VOOM is not always that easy to pull off, and I just have a hunch that another roller coaster is ahead of us - but at the end of the ride is an amusement park of HD! :yes

penguinbrat said:
I was actually thinking about this earlier, with all the down sizing and company buyouts that I have been through - sometimes the best thing to do is just start over from scratch.
True, but acquiring all the equipment and infrastructure for pennies on the dollar from CVC is one of the things that make the deal work for Dolan. Having to "start up" all over again is a non-starter IMHO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)