CST CH421 not coming up in my area

jlastrap

Feb 28, 2014
Louisiana
I have subscribed to CST sports avl on Ch 421 in my area. After subscribing, it does not come up. I live in zip code 70570 and CST is supposed to be avl within a 350 mile radius of New Orleans, which I am in this radius. No one with DISH or COX can tell me why I can not watch.

Tank

Dec 13, 2004
Glendive, MT
what locals do you get?
are you on eastern arc or western arc?
eastern arc the dish would face se, western arc would be sw

reason i ask is looking at "thelist" above i see CST (421) is only in hd on eastern arc which would be only for pro games.
western arc shows it in both sd 24/7 and in hd for games only

jlastrap

Feb 28, 2014
Louisiana
I am west of New Orleans above Lafayette... Opelousas, La. What do you mean by what locals? Local tv stations are KATC and KLFY. I don't know much about the Arc's you state or about SD. I am only interested in catching LSU baseball and football games. Your help and patience is appreciated!

Tank

Dec 13, 2004
Glendive, MT
ok so you are in the lafayette tv market and on western arc.

i see cst is on spotbeam and in the same spotbeam as your locals in sd (standard definition) so you should get it.

Gentleman

PIT MEMBER
Oct 16, 2003
New Orleans
It has been a while but if I remember correctly ch 421 came into play when Cox was the only cable provider carrying the Hornets game and it was only available to viewers in the New Orleans area, this caused a controversy with politicians because the cable company on the north shore of Lake Pontchatrain who was a different cable provider could not get the games, When the Dish agreement was made the channel was only made available to the viewers in the greater New Orleans and surronding areas, not available to those out of the immediate area

Like I said its been a couple of years but this how I seem to remember the creation of Ch 421

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)