Current Non DVR Direct TV Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ziggy1222

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
I am considering Direct TV and want the most simple(cheapest) setup. It looks as though they want $6.50 per month for a TV Fee. Does this get me a HD receiver and if so what model is it? I live alone and have 2 TV's which are hooked together and so I am wondering if their remotes are UHF so I can operate the single receiver from a different room in the house. If this is all I want will my charges just be this $6.50/monthly or is there a HD receiver fee in addition to the TV fee? Thanks.

Would be no $6.50 fee for just 1 receiver. $10 fee for HD receiver. No extra fee for just an SD receiver. You can mirror 1 receiver to 2 TV's and use 1 RF remote to control receiver from both rooms or 2 different remotes, 1 in each room. Both TV's would have the same programming with only 1 receiver.

hr24 or hr25 is the simple hd single tuner nondvr tuner
outputs are mirrored and show the same programming
but can be used for 2 tv's

note the hr25 has an external power supply, but is a smaller box

Would be no $6.50 fee for just 1 receiver. $10 fee for HD receiver. No extra fee for just an SD receiver. You can mirror 1 receiver to 2 TV's and use 1 RF remote to control receiver from both rooms or 2 different remotes, 1 in each room. Both TV's would have the same programming with only 1 receiver.

I just got off a chat on Direct TV website and it forced me to choose hardware. I could only choose a HD receiver and it added $6.50 per month as hardware charges.

hr24 or hr25 is the simple hd single tuner nondvr tuner
outputs are mirrored and show the same programming
but can be used for 2 tv's

note the hr25 has an external power supply, but is a smaller box

I asked agent on chat and he had to check for me about the model number. He came back later and said it was an H20...don't even know if this is high def or not. Didn't have to much confidence in agent.

you get a bill credit for first receiver
tell the agent you want a 24/25 or will not do the install
verify with installer that is what they are bringing, or cancel the appointment
verify again when installer arrives

you get a bill credit for first receiver
tell the agent you want a 24/25 or will not do the install
verify with installer that is what they are bringing, or cancel the appointment
verify again when installer arrives

When you say get a bill credit for first receiver are you referring to a reversal of the $6.50 monthly charge or a reversal of a $99 one time receiver fee?

of the 6.50 monthly cahrge
receivers are usually free at signup

i went to direct website and its showing as free receiver when i build a package

OK so I have got to verbally ask(or chat) to get this $6.50 monthly charge removed...I didn't realize this was possible. Would they just send me the equipment and let me do the install myself?

checked my bill and this was tehre

Primary TV Free - PrimaryTVFree ($6.50) $0.00
Primary TV - Charge $6.50 $0.39
so you get a credit for the tv, but not the tax

install is free, if you want to do it yourself talk to a retailer,
Thanks for bearing with me. How did you get them to reverse the $6.50 fee...did you verbally ask for it; sign up through a local retail installer; chat to get it removed? My local retailer told me that I would have to sign up for service in their office to get them to install it...it wouldn't default to them if I just internet ordered on my own.

i didnt have to do anything to get the 6.50 credit, it was there
it used to be standard, not 100% sure if it still is

As of June or July last year, new customers do pay $6.50 for every receiver/dvr. There is also a $10 hd fee.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)