Current OLN Status (It is on Ch 151 on DISH)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
goaliebob99 said:
OLN doesnt have exclusive rights. Alt channel 447 is for the MSG territory only. Wich would be the NYC area ONLY!. as its a MSG feed :) If your outside MSG's market then the game is blacked out for you. It could be the the game is blacked out of all markets outside the two teams markets... IF NHL Center Ice is not showing the game then The NHL is choosing not to braudcast the game nationally. It could be that MSG or the other City that is playing bought the exclusive rights for that game and decided to black it out nationally at the last minute. It's happened here before with an espn telecast and Comcast sports net chicago....
MSG is available in the Buffalo market..took over when Empire Sports net , a property owned by Adelphia went out of business..this person should get the MSG feed.....

SO in all honesty here, what the hell is really going on?

6 days of rumors and posts saying OLN would be on, and nothing. I still won't be able to catch the Flyers (if they're on tonight) without DISH coming through.

What's the REAL answer?

perhaps you would be better off not watching sabres-flyers.......
sabres gonna whip em bad! :D

OLN will not be back.

Looks like they will wait until the channel changes its name to Versus to bring it back, as they think people will get mad at them again when in a few weeks OLN goes away and is replaced by Versus, when in reality its just OLN with its name changed. :)

So call me dumb. I was under the impression that OLN had rights to cover any game... and that when they did so it would pre-empt the local coverage. However, I now see that tonights Stars-Avs game is covered by OLN, but also scheduled to be on ch27 (local). Does that mean it is covered by both, or ch27 won't be showing because OLN took the slot?

Scott Greczkowski said:
OLN will not be back.

Looks like they will wait until the channel changes its name to Versus to bring it back, as they think people will get mad at them again when in a few weeks OLN goes away and is replaced by Versus, when in reality its just OLN with its name changed. :)

If that's the real excuse, that is lame as hell.

all the first & second round games will be on your local rsn as well

Told you, we got our hopes way high. The current score is

DISH 2 : SUBSCRIBERS 0.

For those who keep the score it is 1 for HGTV HD and 2 for OLN. I don't care about HGTV HD and though only OLN will show the playoffs games. But when I found out that FSN networks will carry all the games in my area, the OLN issue also became indifferent to me. Don't get me wrong, I think the whole situation is bogus. It would matter to me if Dish started to broadcast the OLN games in HD. But I guess baby steps first. Get the contract and then maybe broadcast the OLN games in HD.

bradb007 said:
So call me dumb. I was under the impression that OLN had rights to cover any game... and that when they did so it would pre-empt the local coverage. However, I now see that tonights Stars-Avs game is covered by OLN, but also scheduled to be on ch27 (local). Does that mean it is covered by both, or ch27 won't be showing because OLN took the slot?

In the markets of the teams involved, it is covered by either a OTA station or a RSN. In your case, 27 will have the game.

As an example, Friday's Detroit/Edmonton game was covered by Fox 2 in Detroit.
OLN had it for the rest of the US and CBC had it for Canada :)

Wrote CEO@echostar another letter. I'll report back on their response to my concerns:
1) No OLN for six months, although Dish keeps suggesting agreement is close by.
2) No compensation for dropping OLN, in fact Dish raised their prices.

ride525 said:
Wrote CEO@echostar another letter. I'll report back on their response to my concerns:
1) No OLN for six months, although Dish keeps suggesting agreement is close by.
2) No compensation for dropping OLN, in fact Dish raised their prices.

no ever suggested that a deal was close. The did say that they were trying to work out a deal, which doesn't mean it's close.
I'm not even going to get into the whole compendsation thing.

Slamminc11 said:
no ever suggested that a deal was close. The did say that they were trying to work out a deal, which doesn't mean it's close.
I'm not even going to get into the whole compendsation thing.

How can you possibly say that? I don't think you have any idea of what Dish has told me. In fact what they have told me more than once.

Early on, they told me they expected this to be settled soon. (that sounds close). And within the last week or so, they wrote me saying they hoped to have a deal in place in time for the Stanley Cup playoffs. (that again sounds close). Neither, unfortunately turned out to be true

Last edited:
Given Up

Well, I have given up and now after more then three years I am cancelling my Dish Network service.

I was able to get my fill of hockey through the regular season because I subscribed to the Center Ice package. Unfortuately I bought into the false rumors that a deal would get done in time for playoffs. Now that playoffs are here, I am unable to watch my favorite team in my own house (Edmonton Oilers) with the exception of yesturdays NBC game. On top of that, I cannot even watch my second favorate team either (whoever is playing the Calgary Flames) as that series is also being carried by OLN.

I don't know who to blame the most with this whole thing as both companies are responsible. But unfortunately it is Dish that is losing a customer.

ride525 said:
How can you possibly say that? I don't think you have any idea of what Dish has told me. In fact what they have told me more than once.

Early on, they told me they expected this to be settled soon. (that sounds close). And within the last week or so, they wrote me saying they hoped to have a deal in place in time for the Stanley Cup playoffs. (that again sounds close). Neither, unfortunately turned out to be true

and if I listened to all the evangelists and preachers who keep saying that Jesus is coming back soon, I would have sold everything and been standing on a hill waiting. But they have been saying that for years.
Look, until a press release is issued by one or the other (or both), or if you turn on channel 151 and you see OLN hockey, then you have to figure that a deal is not done and they are no closer than they were two months, four months, even six months ago. Despite what someone says. Considering you have no idea where they rank in the discussion group. Close can mean a lot of things to a lot of different people.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)