Current Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icewalk17

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Hi everyone, I searched for a solution for this but to no avail. I moved into a new home a few months ago and installer told me the dish that was already installed was their newest or latest model. I assumed it was the same because it looked to be identical. I am attempting to verify what my current setup is, capabilities etc. I listed below my equipment and various things I noted while surveying the install.

Note: My house is only 2 years old and was prewired for cable with junction box outside. The installer utilized this and each receiver is just plugged into the existing cable jack connection in each respective room. These cable connections run to outside preexisting junction box where the installer put in a SWM multi-switch, then it runs to the dish. Also interesting is that the H24 in bedroom can see SWM setup but not HR21 in living room with Ethernet connected or not.

Setup:

> HR21-100 ( Living Room )
> H24-100 ( Bedroom )
> MSPLIT4R0-03 SWM MS ( Junc. Box )
> PI-21 R03 with single coax out labeled to SWM and SWM ODU ONLY label on top
> Dish Slimline-5

I have a wireless network established with NetGear WNR2000 router and only connected an Ethernet Cat 5 from HR21 to router LAN port. I tried to verify before hooking in Ethernet as I know it disables DECA.

That's all I can think of right now, if you need anything else to verify, let me know and I'll provide. Thanks.

Does the HR-21 have a receiver deca connected to the coax and plugged into the ethernet port?

You would need a BB deca hooked up to your router and split via coax into your swm system, for internet connectivity.

The HR-21 does not have a external DECA nor is there one connected to router. The PI-21 that is installed has the coax labeled to SWM and it's plugged into the cable wall outlet. What's interesting is that when I try and research the PI21 online it shows them as having 2 coax connection at the bottom, mine however only has one, which is why assume I need a splitter to create another coax feed to route?

Is the HR21 working at all ?
What does it show on the TV ?
You said it doesn't see the SWM, what does it say it sees in the Dish type setting in Info ?

SWM%20Power%20Inserter%2021v%5B19%5D.jpg

your PI21 only has one connections, correct?

if that's the case, (some pi21 were manufactured like that), your box should be getting it's signal from another source.

DO NOT spliltter off that pi21 if it only has one feed and says power to swm. you will ruin your box.

find the signal feed and see if you have a reciever deca. if not, that is why your h24 doesn't see your hr21.

The Dish has 2 cables fused as one running to outside cable wire junction. The house is wired already with cable/phone jacks in all rooms that link to a central box outside the house. The installer hooked into this and utilized it by installing a SWM multiswitch where 4 coax or total of 8 are coming out of it hooked into excisting wiring. He then installed the PI-21 in a separate room with no tv or receivers where it's plugged the PI-21 is plugged in power strip and from the single port labeled "to swm" rg6 is connected and hooked into the cable wall jack in room. Each receiver is simply connected to the cable/phone jack near the receiver.

The HR24 has all the MRV etc showing in the setup/info but the HR21 even when no cat 5 was running to receivers Ethernet port does not show this. I'm confused more now than when I first posted.

The H24 receiver in bedroom has the following info listed under system info.

SWM Firmware Version - 1.0.11
SWM Library Version - 1.0.8

IP - 169.254.4.xxx ? ( not really sure where or why this has an IP )
Subnet - 255.255.0.0
STB Port - N/A (100)
Network - Coax Not Connected (9)
Internet - Not Connected (9)

The HR24 under this section is fully populated, the info for the HR24 is posted in another post that I made after this one named "Tvapps"

The H24 also from menu has option to manage autotune and HR24 does not, even when Cat 5 unplugged it still won't list same info.

The H24 receiver in bedroom has the following info listed under system info.

SWM Firmware Version - 1.0.11
SWM Library Version - 1.0.8

IP - 169.254.4.xxx ? ( not really sure where or why this has an IP )
Subnet - 255.255.0.0
STB Port - N/A (100)
Network - Coax Not Connected (9)
Internet - Not Connected (9)

The HR24 under this section is fully populated, the info for the HR24 is posted in another post that I made after this one named "Tvapps"

The H24 also from menu has option to manage autotune and HR24 does not, even when Cat 5 unplugged it still won't list same info

The H series has the Autotune, the HR series does not.

If you're seeking MRV capability, there's only two recommended solutions:

1) If I understand, you have a wired ETHERNET cable ran from HR21 to router LAN but the H24 is not connected. If so, one solution w/b to run another ETHERNET cable from the H24 in B/R to router. You would need authorization for unsupported MRV using home network (or ETHERNET). I would not recommend wireless or powerline adapters for MRV.

2) Upgrade to DECA for supported MRV over coax. Since you only need two DECA modules (one standard DECA and one BB DECA... see posts #2 & 5), coax and maybe another splitter, you may get DECA cheaper DIY or negotiating a discount on DECA upgrade.

If you're not interested in MRV, a wireless adapter may be easier to install but may not be as cost effective as upgrading to DECA.

BTW, Davedirectv was right, they're not seeing other because they're technically not connected to each other. Connecting via SWiM only does not provide all the connections that DECA provides but plugging both to ETHERNET does but may impact HD MRV streams. Removing all ETHERNET and upgrading to DECA will also allow them to see other and have the recommended MRV over coax capability.

I'm not sure but I think the DVR is not showing the MRV tab for one or more reasons; not authorized for MRV, and/or not seeing a compatible connected device.

It is my recommendation that you stop trying to figure this, you are all over the map on this one. You didn't even mention that you have an HR-24 until post 6.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)