Customer Service & Install, Inc. Were Great!

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
Just had my first chance to call customer service because of pixelation and blackouts. Got Installls Inc. to come out and check my dish. They discovered that a large tree limb would dip in front of my dish line of sight when it became rain-heavy or wind-blown and cause pixelation and black-outs. They removed the limb. Both customer service and Installs Inc. performances were excellent. Nice to know after hearing some "not so good" stories. This is my 8th month with VOOM and I love it.

Here's an interesting tidbit.....I was scheduled for a service call yesterday between 8-12; picture break up or no signal most of the time. I called at 10:30 to confirm, and the csr told me everything was on. So I waited. At 5:15, I called to see what had happened. Very nice crs, but was on hold for over 30 minutes while she tried to get hold of Installs to see what had happened. She kept in contact with me every few minutes, which was a nice break from that AWFUL on-hold music! Finally, she said she got disconnected, and it was a 30 minute wait, so someone would have to call me back in the next 72 hours. Well, less than an hour later, I got a call from someone else at Voom who apologized, and told me that Intalls, Inc., had gone out of business, but that they had someone who could come next Wednesday. I asked for a weekend, and got next Saturday. We'll just have to see. Interesting, though, huh? Does anyone know if Installs, Inc. did indeed decide not to do satellites any more? I still have no service, and I hope they give me some kind of credit on my account. I love Voom when it works, but I'm getting fed up with losing signal every 5 minutes, and that's no exaggeration............

They gave you some major BS

polargrowler said:
Here's an interesting tidbit.....I was scheduled for a service call yesterday between 8-12; picture break up or no signal most of the time. I called at 10:30 to confirm, and the csr told me everything was on. So I waited. At 5:15, I called to see what had happened. Very nice crs, but was on hold for over 30 minutes while she tried to get hold of Installs to see what had happened. She kept in contact with me every few minutes, which was a nice break from that AWFUL on-hold music! Finally, she said she got disconnected, and it was a 30 minute wait, so someone would have to call me back in the next 72 hours. Well, less than an hour later, I got a call from someone else at Voom who apologized, and told me that Intalls, Inc., had gone out of business, but that they had someone who could come next Wednesday. I asked for a weekend, and got next Saturday. We'll just have to see. Interesting, though, huh? Does anyone know if Installs, Inc. did indeed decide not to do satellites any more? I still have no service, and I hope they give me some kind of credit on my account. I love Voom when it works, but I'm getting fed up with losing signal every 5 minutes, and that's no exaggeration............
Funny, I just ordered voom two days ago, and got an email from Installs Inc confirming my appointment on the 16th.

Installs inc. and strong and growing don't have a clue who would have said they went out of bussiness. i get plenty of work from them eveyday.

Obviously, Installs, Inc. is alive and well. I didn't mean to start any rumors! But that's exactly what I was told on the phone as an excuse for my no-call, no-show service call. Anyway, I got a really GREAT installer on Sunday, and he found multiple problems. He was with me all afternoon, and bent over backwards to take care of my service! We moved the dish, as it was partially obstructed by the roof overhang in its original location (the first installer simply replaced the DirecTV dish with the Voom dish). Then, he noticed when the same guy changed me over to a 24" dish, that the arm that holds the lbn was the original one, and he thought it was too short for the larger dish. It was positioning the lbn strangely. We changed back to the original 18" reflector, and got a signal in the high 90's despite the falling snow. I was thrilled! We went inside, and things checked out great - for about 5 minutes, then we lost the signal completely! It turned out the original lbn was bad. He replace it, and I've been vooming with great receptions for the last 2 days with no dropouts, which were almost constant in the past 6 months! I got so I hated to start watching a movie, as 4 out of 5 times, I'd lose signal before it was over......and I didn't need to loose any more hair! :) Anyway, thanks to this terrific installer from Installs, Inc., I'm finally happy with Voom, and I think I'm out of the woods.

Been with VOOM for about a month and can honestly say that I am very happy with their customer servce and support. First time I called them back was for not getting all the local channels. They scheduled for Installs Inc for the serivice and took care of that problem. They replaced the OTA with a larger one. Additionally, they hooked up an aerial antenna I had in the attic (that I didn't even know I had to a combiner to improve the OTA channels. After a light snowfall I noticed a drop out in signal so they scheduled another visit from Installs and they replaced the 18" dish with a 24" dish.
So far, they've accomodated and solved all the problems I've encountered. I'm not sure if I will be without problems during heavy snowfalls but so far everything has been great and they are getting my utmost satisfaction doing what they can. Although I have not had neither DTV or Dish Network but my kudos go to VOOM!

Alright, at any time now, stevesmall will post over here also :)

bruce said:
Alright, at any time now, stevesmall will post over here also :)
as did you bruce
The few minutes of Voom i hvae seen it was amazing, but it has not worked 19 out of 26 days so to make a fair and unbiased decsion i would actually need to be able to watch VOOM <not so sure i could be unbiased now,
How was that BRUCE ? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts