Please reply by conversation.

shankle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
florida
I accidentally scanned 91 thereby wiping out the special settings
for CW. BUT CW still came in.
Does that mean they are there normally now?

Looks like it huh.... They changed the way they send their signal. Manual PID entry looks to be a thing of the past. They did that when they changed their SR. Been that way about a month or so now.

Powerful signal on that mux it is the only one I am getting right now since my dish moved and it still plays with 10% quality dropping in and out while none of the other channels will come in.

Thank you all for your replies.
One more thing about CW on 91.
Running the Openbox S9.
Picture is very clear but the audio has music running over the dialogue so loud
it is hard to hear it. Especially the one with Nikida on it. Yes I have played with
the audio but haven't had any luck.
Any ideas?

Bugs me too, on a lot of programs. Wish there was a "standard" for audio levels. I find these, and many other channels, needs the volume on the S9 at around 25-30% or its 'over-driven'. Some others are even worse. As far as the dialog-music mix, that's all up to the producers, and some apparently like just too much music.
Like the camera swinging all over the place. It's definitely not anything near natural human vision. Too much, Too often. I've actually quit watching some programs because of it.

One of the questions we ask in interviewing is, "Are you a musician? What instrument do you play?" If they play the guitar -- NEXT! It seems the guitar players want the music up WAY higher than dialog or vocals. Don't know why, but almost always. Flute and piano players are usually the best, other woodwinds next! "Professional" singers want too much reverb!

I agree, especially about the guitar players. 100%. I will say it as: The guitar players want their guitars louder than ANYTHING. Don't know why, but IT'S always. "Professional" singers DO want too much reverb! Had a guitar player show up for a small indoor gig with a 300 watt renown guitar head and a 4X12 cabinet.. PA used was 2X150W. Had him use his 35W practice amp. He let me know he was unhappy about his 'sound'. HA! Another bands stage was a constant 127db with instances of pinning the meter @ 130db. OUCH!! (Sound tech for 20+ yrs)
If I ever find a particular(now 'vintage') pro audio compressor, I have in mind, it's going to get put inline with the audio out of the S9.

Thanks again i guess.....
So if I turn the volume way down to help with the annoying music then I also
wouldn't be able the hear the dialog. Right??
Is this another form of encyption?

It's kind of a catch 22. Gotta find that happy medium where the music isn't too loud yet the dialog is perceptible.

No wonder I couldn't get them last night. Time to re-scan.

Unfortunately for me, MyTheatre doesn't do FEC 3/5. I have to settle for the CW stations on 72.0°W. Also no LPB on 101.0°W either because of FEC 3/5. I get them with DVBDream, but what a POS software that is. Very unstable. Very limited hardware control.

I get the CW on 91 W (Galaxy 17) just fine with MyTheatre (4.00 Beta 11). Maybe something else is different/amiss for you. I can set FEC to Auto with the DVBWorld 2104C USB receiver and it scans.

Also, I didn't know there was a LPB signal on 101 W (SES 1). There is a LPB mux on 87 W (SES-2) and it comes in fine in MyTheatre with FEC Auto with 2104C.

DRCars

I get the CW on 91 W (Galaxy 17) just fine with MyTheatre (4.00 Beta 11). Maybe something else is different/amiss for you. I can set FEC to Auto with the DVBWorld 2104C USB receiver and it scans.

Also, I didn't know there was a LPB signal on 101 W (SES 1). There is a LPB mux on 87 W (SES-2) and it comes in fine in MyTheatre with FEC Auto with 2104C.

DRCars
Yeah your right it's 87.0W, So many changes ;) Interesting that you can get them. I don't with the Hauppauge. MyTheatre doesn't show it in the FEC dropdown selection.I always assumed MT wouldn't support it. I do get some S2 transponders to show with "Auto"selected, but a lot won't unless I specify the FEC. I found S2 QPSK has to be specified 8PSK in the dropdown.I'd love to get the 3/5 working with this card. It does some strange things with the TBS card and doesn't do KU band hardly at all. But oddly enough it scans QPSK or S2 8PSK signals with out specifying very well in MT. Except the 3/5 fec. So I may be looking at a total hardware issue here. The MyTheatre forum is gone and no one seems to miss it. Dang.

The MyTheatre forum is gone and no one seems to miss it. Dang.
Just checked and I don't see a forum anymore either. Even though there wasn't much going on there it always gave me the hope that MyTheatre wasn't completely stagnant. Bummer!

It is probably as you expect, hardware/MyTheatre not getting along well.

DRCars

DRCars said:
Just checked and I don't see a forum anymore either. Even though there wasn't much going on there it always gave me the hope that MyTheatre wasn't completely stagnant. Bummer!

It is probably as you expect, hardware/MyTheatre not getting along well.

DRCars

They combined the DVB tuner card forum into the regular FTA area a while back.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

They combined the DVB tuner card forum into the regular FTA area a while back.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys
Sorry to get (more) off topic but I don't understand what forum you are referring to. I/We were referring to the MyTheatre forum that was associated with the DVBCore.com/MyTheatre home page.

DRCars

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts