D* announces 14 more HD-LIL markets, and there are some suprises.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
still no HD locals for PHX and it is may 06
i think aug 06 HD locals are on for PHX
NO TRANSPONDERS ON SAT 99*
NO TRANSPONDERS ON SAT 103*
they lie about this stuff

Once again.

1. It is ONLY a plan, not etched in stone dates, so there are no lies or conspiracy.

2. The DMAs sched for April went through the same thing; 4 days into the month those users were wondering why DirecTV lied, and then on the 19th they were on, but yet no one came back to admit they were wrong or jumped the gun.

3. Its just TV to us, but for DirecTV and Dish these are huge investments that takes many huge, sensitive pieces to come together at a precise time for the to pan out. It is not just a flip of the switch. Remember May 30th is still may, so even if it takes that long its still within the plan.

4. See above, its still just a plan and things do change for many reasons; one could be complications on the affiliate's side. Lets all relax and just be patient.

moonman said:
---------------------
I hope that these storms do not factor in any way with the rollout decisions.....
D* has always in the past history of these things(when the area was declared a
disaster area) to repair/replace the dish without cost to me. The fact that a certain
area where you live, should IMO have no factor on who gets what first, or be a cause to receive it later than others, due to an act of God.:)

It's not an act of God, it's a known regular weather pattern. The sense of entitlement that people who live in hurricane areas have is a little much sometimes...

Actually if they had any sense they should have put up AT9's last year in Naples > Miami-Ft.Lauderdale as the dishes did not survive.

They just added an extra cost for themselves.

If I'm not mistaken, every one of those markets has at least 1 O&O station. That could be the reasoning behind this.

herdfan said:
http://phoenix.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=127160&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=850780&highlight=

So you won't have to look it up:

Green Bay - #69
Portland ME - #74
Madison WI - #85

and are you sitting down,

Reno NV -#112 :confused:

I get my locals from Madison WI and didn't expect them til sometime in 2007. I get the HD channels fine (all 100%) from 56 miles from the towers now with my tower mounted large Winegard antenna but it will still be nice to get them from D* also. I hope the new HR10 dvr is out soon because that's when I'll switch from the H10 to a Mpeg 4 system. My opinion on Madison jumping up the list is because the local stations seem to negotiate well with D* and E* and the fact that Madison ( and all of Dane County) has a high average income and a VERY low unemployment rate. Lots of D* subscribers also helped I'm sure. With Milwaukee due up anytime now and Green Bay coming on with Madison a large part ot of Wis. will be done.

I am in Memphis but it doesn't really matter to me that we are getting them. I have an HD tivo so I will not be upgrading until after they get their mpeg-4 HD Tivo out. When I asked a D-rep in customer retention he told me that it could be Jan. now.

What is all involved in getting a LocalHD channel in a certain area. I know the station must broadcast in DTV.

I can get all the SD locals channels here in San Diego, but D* is only giving us ABCHD and NBCHD.

Is there contract stuff involved for the other channels.

FYI, the big 4 all have DTV broadcasts. But my location as per antennaweb.com can't get any of them (except NBC). Before you asked why don't I use OTA :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)