D* Best Customer offer??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
mcaldero said:
I took the offer, too, but scheduled the install for a Saturday so I won't have to miss work. However, I plan on installing the receiver myself when I get it, then calling to activate the receiver and cancel my installation appointment. It's ridiculous that they make you schedule the appointment.
I wonder if they will ship the DVR to the installer, "requiring" the install?? Just a thought. I got the same email today, I've already got a Weekness upgraded HR10-250 in the living room and a HDVR2 in the den, so I don't need another one, although I am curious to see how it performs next to my Tivo's. Hmmm.....---Ray

Last edited:
Update on my earlier post in this thread

When I called and cancelled the free DVR, I thought that D* would cancel sending me the DVR, but it arrived Friday. All that D* did was cancel the install.

I installed the DVR (it's an RCA 40GB type), and when I activated it, the CSR said that I was now under a 2 year commitment! I stated that the email I received said:

"We'd like to offer you a reconditioned 40GB DIRECTV DVR from last year's inventory, for free. No strings attached. "

I looked at my account today, and there is no commitment. If you do accept this offer, make sure the CSR knows that there is no commitment.

kryten98371 said:
. I refused to take a 1/2 days vacation to swap out a standard receiver with a DVR. I cancelled the order.
!

I guess i take it for granted but they install 7 days here. Even would come out on labor day! Dont they have 7 day installation where you are?

I got the offer a week and a half ago. I ordered it but answered the question incorrectly as to whether this would be an additional unit or replace an existing unit. After ordering it by asnswering "Yes" I went back and clicked on the question and it said say "No" and they would send the unit and no install was required. I called to explain I screwed up the answer and thery told me to go in and cancel the order and re-order. I did and answered "no" to the question. It still wanted me to schedule an install but I didn't select a date and it let me go to finish the order. Now, they must process the shipment in a short time because I cancelled within the hour and sure enough I got 2 boxes sent to me on different days. The first, which I imagine now was the one I cancelled, I swapped out with a standard box and activated with no problem. The second is sitting on my front porch waiting for FedEx to pick up. I never opened it and called FedEx to refuse the shipment. They said OK and hopefully they'll be here to pick it back up.

I got a heck of a deal...I ordered the free DVR...I received a 40gb RCA last Wednesday. The installer showed up on Friday with a brand new R15 in his hands. I questioned him about it and he said his ticket stated bring equipment. I told him I did not want to be charged for it so we called D*. They told him to install the R15. I ended up with an R15 with no commitment! I made sure to write down CSRs name and id number just in case.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts