D* changes this week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Your H10-100 (Tivo model I believe) would be a problem unless you actually meant the H20-100. Since you've had your DVR plus since 2006 it is probably a R15 which means it isn't compatible. What you would need is the SWM8 multiswitch which has 3 legacy ports for non SWM compatible equipment.
Sorry I have an H20. I can't even get my stats correct. And yes it appears I have an R15. You know this may be good time for me to finally upgrade to another HD DVR.

Of course now I need to do something with my H20 (which I don't know if I can legally sell, and comes with a broken HDMI port), and my soon to be outdated R15....

Oh. My bad. Yeah I have an HD DVR. Of course though you could have looked at my signature to see I have the HR20 and the H20. :p

warning: personal gripe

While I am sure that someone had perfectly good intentions with the equipment signatures, I find that they have gone way out of hand. Some threads are made considerably less readable due to the amount of crap that people put in their signatures. Profiles seem so much better a place to list those things.

Because of the lack of relevance of so much of the information in so many signatures (not yours in particular), I completely ignore them.

While I am sure that someone had perfectly good intentions with the equipment signatures, I find that they have gone way out of hand. Some threads are made considerably less readable due to the amount of crap that people put in their signatures. Profiles seem so much better a place to list those things.

Because of the lack of relevance of so much of the information in so many signatures (not yours in particular), I completely ignore them.
Yeah I try and keep my info to a minimum and not take up much space. I've seen a few that are arrogantly long, but I don't comment on it because it'll belong to a staff member or a founder. To me that's sort of like complaining that a cop is driving fast on the highway.

Sorry I have an H20. I can't even get my stats correct. And yes it appears I have an R15. You know this may be good time for me to finally upgrade to another HD DVR.

Of course now I need to do something with my H20 (which I don't know if I can legally sell, and comes with a broken HDMI port), and my soon to be outdated R15....

You can replace your R15 with a R22. It's very similar to the HR model line except it has the HD stuff disabled. But it does have the media share, on demand and 30 second skip that the R15 and R16 don't have. It is also MPEG 4 and SWM compatible.

That's why I have signatures and profile pics turned off. It's amazing how quickly I can read threads without all the distractions!

No, if you have either the SWM Slimline or the SWM8 multiswitch you only have to have 1 wire connected to your DVR to get dual tuner functionality.

i love the swm lnb. makes installations very easy. allows the use of diplexers for ota all in one cable

At Best Buy the HR21 is $169 and the HR22 is $199. The HR22 can record twice as much as the HR21. Other than that there are no differences.
I take it that's just a BB offer? i can't find an HR22 for only $199 anywhere else. Actually all I can find is the HR21. Does the HR21 have the same recording capacity as the HR20?

I take it that's just a BB offer? i can't find an HR22 for only $199 anywhere else. Actually all I can find is the HR21. Does the HR21 have the same recording capacity as the HR20?

i think the hr21 has just a little but more

i think the hr21 has just a little but more

I bought my HR22 at Best Buy. I don't know if it is available anywhere else.

The HR21 has a 320 gigabyte hard drive. The HR20 has a 300 gigabyte hard drive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)