D-DAY for Me! But D means DishNetwork!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have just recently made the switch from dish over to direct. I had a dish 921 hd dvr, but it frequently locked up, and missed recordings. The interface was slow (well, so is the hr10-250, but the 921 was even slower) and it was a real pain to find the shows you wanted to record because of no name based recording. Picture quality on dish for hd channels was much better, but the hardware problems weren't worth it to me.

I'm gonna reply... DISH SUX BIG TIME... D* is for me.. I know personal Opinion, but oh well have fun with DISH NetNOTwork

First, its not desperation, but rather a marketing ploy they could exploit over 10 years.
Secondly, there aren't many "cities" of millions, and all of those cities are iconic and wouldn't even consider applying. In fact, MOST cities would never apply, even the small ones (see #3)

Thirdly, Dish is obviously looking for SMALL towns. I live in a town of 2000, and I'd bet we'd be too big for them. Even if we weren't, our town has been so named since the mid 1800's and most likely wouldn't dump on that history for free dish service.

Hey HellRaiser, (ironic name) have fun with all the firmware updates and problems with your machines. Enjoy paying that extra $5 a month for your extra DVR. Sorry to sound so anti-Dish but it's hard not to be after being the victim of their 522 experiment. :rolleyes: I REALLY hope they've fixed the problems the 522 had with the 625, although I doubt it as it's pretty much the same unit.

The 942 seems to be an ok machine, at least I haven't seen 100 threads in the Dish DVR forum yet asking why the timers miss, the audio and video drop, etc. It should be though. You just paid Dish $250.00 for the privelage of LEASING a machine you'll never own. I hope Dish gets the bugs out of their DVR's because that's really the only problem I have with them, well except for Charlie's broken promises, extra fees on every DVR, being charged $5 everytime I downgraded my service, losing a bunch of channels while Charlie negotiated a better deal for himself, being treated like crap as a longtime subscriber, being charged an extra $5 a month for not having the DVR plugged into a phone line, etc.

Hmmm, now that I think more about it, I agree with Yukon! :D

I just cancelled my Dish because they wanted me to pay $5/month for OTA local guide info on my 921 (I think the 942 is the same). Even though I get all my locals with great signal strength through my antenna they tried to squeeze $5 out of me so I could have a functional DVR. Nope. Pissed me off enough that I am going to try out Comcast. If not happy there I'll be joining the D* club (unless there are some great IPTV services out by then).

glenn z said:
I just cancelled my Dish because they wanted me to pay $5/month for OTA local guide info on my 921 (I think the 942 is the same). Even though I get all my locals with great signal strength through my antenna they tried to squeeze $5 out of me so I could have a functional DVR. Nope. Pissed me off enough that I am going to try out Comcast. If not happy there I'll be joining the D* club (unless there are some great IPTV services out by then).

What?! They were going to charge you an extra $5 a month for guide info? For a unit that doesn't even have NBR, even though Charlie has promised that it eventually would? I used to say I'd give Dish another chance if for some reason things didn't work out with Directv. I'll never go back to them after I keep hearing about all of the ways Charlie keeps finding to bump his salary.

Status
Please reply by conversation.