SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Ok Guy's,
I got a question for you guys.
Who know's for sure what sats the ST and SF will be coming off of.
I'm perticularly looking for info on the HD portion.
Does it all come from one sat or is it scattered around depending on the team your watching.
Reason I'm asking is because I have a 119* issue until I trim a tree, and don't want to miss the start of the season, if I don't get to it.

I found this info in the disclaimer: (got ST Confirmation today and wanted to make sure)

†To access DIRECTV HD programming, a Multi-Satellite dish, along with an H20 DIRECTV HD Receiver, HD television equipment and HD Access fee ($9.99/mo.), is required. In some markets, a five-LNB dish and H20 model DIRECTV Receiver are needed to receive HD local networks delivered by DIRECTV.

I have had the multidish (3 or more) set up at the other location for awhile.
I noticed that this year it says to access HD it will require a H20 rec.,
Does this mean that they will be on the 99 or 103 (mpeg4 ?) seeing the H-20 is required ?

Anyone have any info about this, this is different than any other year. I use to be able to view the ST SF with my H-10.

Jimbo

I think they had this last year too. Its really more directed to your local channels as a blackout would impact watching that game. Good chance ST HD will be on Directv 10 MPEG4 but who knows. I sure hope so.

Interesting that they say you need the H20 (MPEG4) in the disclaimer. Will the new satellite(s) even be ready by football season (to deliver MPEG4). It sure doesn't seem like it. I bet your H10 will be OK for at least one more season.

Interesting that they say you need the H20 (MPEG4) in the disclaimer. Will the new satellite(s) even be ready by football season (to deliver MPEG4). It sure doesn't seem like it. I bet your H10 will be OK for at least one more season.

On the Superfan page the requirements are:

To access DIRECTV HD programming, a triple-LNB Multi-Satellite dish, along with a DIRECTV HD Receiver, HD television equipment and HD Access fee ($9.99/mo.) is required. In some markets, a five-LNB Dish and H20 model DIRECTV Receiver are needed to receive HD local networks delivered by DIRECTV.

Back to the OP question, D*'s know for moving channels all over the place come NFL-SF time to fit everything in so there might be a channel or two that you wouldn't be able to get if it was on 119.

I saw this information nearly 2 years ago and don't want to go looking for it again (so take it for what it's worth) but...

1. All the SD ST Channels are on 101.
2. The HD ST Channels are split across all 3 birds (101, 110, 119), with the majority being on 110.

On the Superfan page the requirements are:

To access DIRECTV HD programming, a triple-LNB Multi-Satellite dish, along with a DIRECTV HD Receiver, HD television equipment and HD Access fee ($9.99/mo.) is required. In some markets, a five-LNB Dish and H20 model DIRECTV Receiver are needed to receive HD local networks delivered by DIRECTV.

Back to the OP question, D*'s know for moving channels all over the place come NFL-SF time to fit everything in so there might be a channel or two that you wouldn't be able to get if it was on 119.

What I posted in the first post came right from the email I recieved from them and it mentioned needing a H-20, thats why I was wondering what you all have heard.

Jimbo

So the general consencis is that you will NOT need the H-20 rec as they will still be available in mpeg2 and I can use my H-10 for another year.

I wonder where I have to look to find out if this years ST SF games willbe on which sats, possibly that desigin has not been made yet I guess.

Jimbo

I would have to beleive you would be fine. My guess is that D* puts this in because you would need the H20 to get your local market games via SAT in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts