D10-300 Upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonester

Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
Davidson, NC
I live in N.Carolina and I just got the upgrade two nights ago. I'm now running 0x1009.

Is this the newest update?

Because it's terrible! It's a total regression! I had nice menus with color logos, now I have poorly pixelated blue and white logos and menus. The mini screen in the guide screen is all pixelated and freezes the video on entry and exit from the guide. I can't scroll channels after hitting INFO anymore!

What the heck is going on! Am I missing something!?!

This has frustrated me so much that I searched for help or info and found this forum (which I'm glad I did) today!

Someone please tell me I have to get a further update and I don't have to live with this 1995 like system for another day!

You reciever now has the latest version of software available, yes the menus you once knew are gone and replaced with the new ones, my D10-300 got the update many months ago, I tried to make it go back to the way it used to be but found that it was not possible (you are stuck) You are right about the guide freezing when you go to and exit from the guide, I called Directv to complain and they send me a D10-200 which has the same menus but does not have that problem....any more questions feel free to ask me...

Just out of curiousity, and not that it's really worth the money, but if I go out and buy a receiver from Best Buy or somewhere, will the menus and features be different?

And how much work does that involve to get setup? Do I need to tell DirectTV I have a new receiver?

Are D10s still being distributed? When I added a reciever in early November, the installer came with a D-11. Haven't had any problems.

Maybe dragon002 is referring to the D11-500 to this day I have never heard of the D10-500, I could be wrong though...in any case it does not matter which box you get they will all look the same now since the updates have been sent out, the only one that looks slightly better is the R15 (not pixelated and color channel logos), but thats a DVR

both the d-11-100's and the d-11-500's are much better than all the d-10's.

stellar832000 said:
Maybe dragon002 is referring to the D11-500 to this day I have never heard of the D10-500, I could be wrong though...in any case it does not matter which box you get they will all look the same now since the updates have been sent out, the only one that looks slightly better is the R15 (not pixelated and color channel logos), but thats a DVR

stellar,

you are correct , my typo. D11-500

I was over a friend's house for New Years and they have Dish Network and their menus and options are awesome. You can scroll time and channels on a small menu at the bottom of the regular sized picture screen, they have nice graphics and the user interface is so easy. Why on earth would DirectTV think their menus are better? They should really strive to provide an interface at the same standard as Dish.

I'm actually considering switching when my 1 year agreement is up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)