Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
I'm not sure if this link is posted, but I didn't see it. I think a great thread would be a compilation of links to cool info leading up to the launch of D10. Heres one to start:

The ILS blog detailing the satellite/launch vehicle prep and testing, updated a few times a week:
ILS D10 Blog

What the D10 satellite will give us:
The DirecTV 100 HD List................ ................CEO Update from the Q1 earnings call

Current Stage:
ILV Move to Pad 39

Next Stage:
Launch!!

Launch time: 0116 GMT on July 7 (9:16 p.m. EDT on July 6)

Live Broadcast: ILS will begin the broadcast/webcast about 8:55 p.m. EDT (7/6/2007). DIRECTV customers can view the launch on channel 570.

Spaceflight Now | Tracking Station | Worldwide launch schedule

Last edited by a moderator:
Please feel free to edit the start post to add quality links. I enjoy reading these preperations, and we can put the links in for watching the launch itself when the time comes.

New Status. Everything is going very well.

Fuel Load Ops Finished

Today, the Boeing propellant team loaded the hydrazine fuel onto the SC. This operation, which took approximately eight hours, is the second half of the propellant load. It marks the completion of the propellant loading phase of SC preps. Kudos to the entire DIRECTV and Boeing teams for an excellent operation! It all went smoothly and according to plan. One engineer remarked that it was "boring", but that is exactly how we want operations here to continue, right up until T-0 on 7 July (local time).

Because the propellant loading is a hazardous operation, the building was cleared and the rest of the non-essential personnel spent the day relaxing, traveling into town to shop and eat shashlik (a very tasty Russian ka-bob). It was also a great chance to call our dads to wish them a happy Father's Day.

We will continue with some post-fueling testing of the SC, flight closeouts of all thermal blankets and removal of some Remove Before Flight (RBF) items over the next several days. Joint operations commence on Friday, 22 June.

Posted 17 June 2007
0 comments
Posted By: ILS DIRECTV 10 Launch Team at 22:20, Baikonur

Has anyone seen a time that the launch is expected, I know it is 7/7 local, 7/6 US, so I would assume later in the day here?

Also, anything about broadcast yet, I would assume D* may throw it on a channel, but if not it should be viewable on the ILS site.

They usually show them on a special channel but don't announce it til a day or so before launch. You can bet that someone right here will get the info as soon as it's available.

ILS has confirmed that they will have pre-launch and launch webcst at their site.

They said:

07 June 2007 ILS Communications Team 16:12, EDT
ILS provides live coverage of pre-launch and launch events for every one of our commercial Proton launches. We encourage you to check the site regularly for updates and to bookmark the webcast page when we post it.

link:
ILS 2006

Joint Operations
Now that SC stand-alone testing is complete, we are starting the phase known as Joint Operations. This is when the SC is mechanically and electrically mated to the Launch Vehicle hardware. To put it simply, this is when we start making the little pieces into one big piece!

The first step was to mate the SC to the adapter system - a conical structure that attaches to the bottom of the SC. Next, we took the SC-adapter combo and mated it to the Breeze M upper stage. We successfully completed these steps today after about 18 hours of work, taking into account all the testing and mechanical and electrical checks that had to occur.

Saturday, the SC-adapter-Breeze M stack will be rotated from vertical to horizontal and the payload fairing installed. The combination of all these pieces into a single unit is known as the ascent unit (AU). The SC will remain in a horizontal orientation until we move the whole launch vehicle to launch pad on L-5 days. This differs from U.S. launch vehicle processing, in that the majority of assembly occurs horizontally. Quite a difference if you are not used to it!

Photo: SC mated with the adapter system and Breeze M. Visit the Photo Gallery for more pictures.
Posted 22 June 2007
0 comments
Posted By: ILS DIRECTV 10 Launch Team at 23:28, Baikonur

ILS has confirmed that they will have pre-launch and launch webcst at their site.
-----------------------
Not sure if D* will be broadcasting the launch or not...seems like they would, given
all the attention the new sats have gotten. I think last launch they showed, was
on ch. 574. I see that channel # 576 is now showing a private network showing
of "upcoming PVN Boeing-test"....it goes out to July 8th or so.....wonder if by any
chance????......:confused:

-----------------------
Not sure if D* will be broadcasting the launch or not...seems like they would, given
all the attention the new sats have gotten. I think last launch they showed, was
on ch. 574. I see that channel # 576 is now showing a private network showing
of "upcoming PVN Boeing-test"....it goes out to July 8th or so.....wonder if by any
chance????......:confused:

sure sounds like a launch to me.

sure sounds like a launch to me.

On 7/8/07 Boeing is also schedule to roll out their new 787 Dreamliner and is supposed to have an internal TV broadcast so their employees can view thr rollout, IIRC that's what that broadcast is for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)