D11 outage 2/27/2024 (Resolved on 2/28)

Satellite positioning = not good. Hopefully they can regain control and regain positioning.

I had hope that DirecTV was still relying on someone at AT&T to perform their software updates and we would just have a short outage like the nationwide cellular network did last week.

• Sad
Reactions: dishrich and dtv757

Umm, is anyone really buying it is only a positioning issue, since I have a MBA, hopefully someone with more technical knowledge can correct me, but from what I know, Satellites have fuel in them, so to keep them in the right slot, would that then mean it received no signal to do so, ran out of fuel (leak?) to do so, no signal and super out of position, so it would take time to fix and/or it is so out of position, not enough fuel to fix, it is 16 years old.

So the question and answer should not be it is just a positioning issue, it is how did it become a positioning issue.

Anybody know what the issue is?
If its the entire satellite I would suspect a station keeping maneuver went wrong pointing the antennas away from earth. There is a lot of redundancy in the spacecraft like power busses, maybe a few spare transponders, etc. A complete failure is unlikely but has happened in the past.

wish signal saver worked on hr=24
On HR24s you can click the watch in lower resolution option to switch to SD feed, but unfortunately your DMA Chico-Redding no longer has MPEG-2 locals, so it only works for the national channels that have SD feeds.

Signal Saver uses the same streams as the app, so another possible option is to use the DIRECTV app, or the streaming apps from the networks.

Satellites have fuel in them, so to keep them in the right slot,

Yep. But it takes very little at geo. Maybe has reaction wheels. Maybe a thruster failed off spec. Or an electronics problem. Or…….

I’m sure this is off topic, but the Gemini SignalSaver seems buggy. When I turned on my TV around 5:45pm ET, I switched it to SNPTHD/659, one of the affected channels. I got the prompt that said there was an outage and it was switching to streaming. I saw normal programming, and thought everything was all good. It is now 8:01pm ET, and all I’m seeing now is a black screen. I haven’t pushed a single button to cause this, it just happened somehow.
I did hit the guide button to switch to the SD SNPT channel and back to the down HD channel to go back to SignalSaver, and I did notice it said “362” in the PIG. That’s Weather Channel, which is what I had it on before I switched it to SNPTHD.

Satellite positioning = not good. Hopefully they can regain control and regain positioning.

I had hope that DirecTV was still relying on someone at AT&T to perform their software updates and we would just have a short outage like the nationwide cellular network did last week.
I was thiniking similar ... ATT can't catch a break

cell phone issue last week, this week DirecTV sat issue ... smh

Right now it looks like the NYC/LA Big 4 feeds, Newsmax and MGM+ are back.

EDIT: NFL Network, NewsNation, FOX Business, Univision East and Outdoor are also back

They moved them to other satellites

Reactions: dtv757