D11 receiver, can I change the remote frequency

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott6760

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 10, 2006
North Carolina
I work at a bar where we have 6 directv receivers stacked on top of each other, all feeding into a video distribution system. They are all the little silver boxes, I beleive model D11. Right now if I use the remote to change the channel on one of the boxes, all of them change. With dish network you have 16 different remote frequencys to choose from to eliminate this problem. Is there a similar solution with DirecTV?

I work at a bar where we have 6 directv receivers stacked on top of each other, all feeding into a video distribution system. They are all the little silver boxes, I beleive model D11. Right now if I use the remote to change the channel on one of the boxes, all of them change. With dish network you have 16 different remote frequencys to choose from to eliminate this problem. Is there a similar solution with DirecTV?

Scott: I have asked this question of my D* phone rep. They told me no. I have looked through the menus and cannot find anything either. On my HR20, I can switch to RF (to use the remote from another room) but there is no "address" option. I had been a E* subscriber for five years and their hardware is clearly superior. I do like D* for other reasons, but not for their hardware. HTH:cool:

6 Ir codes no but you can use AV1 instead of D* position. Read instructions or call tech support to talk you through it. Black electrical tape over IR eye also helps block remote.

There are only two IR addresses for the D11.

to switch addresses:

To start program av1 or av2 with code 00002. Now cover the other D11's while you change:

1. menu> settings> setup> remote> receiver mode>

2. tap either DIRECTV or AV1/AV2 to reveal both

3. press AV1/AV2, the remote shouldn't work any longer, slide to av1 or av2

4. press DONE

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts