D11 receiver problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrfredted

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
costa rica
Hey All...am new to this forum y will spend time a little later to introduce myself.
I need help with a problem I am having with my D11 receiver. Every 20 minutes the programming cuts out y a sign pops up reading " new software has been found etc" If I can't cancel immediately, it will start downloading info which can take up to about 45 minutes.
Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know the solution? I am desperate for an answer.
A big thank you in advance.

Reiny 09

D11 receiver

Hey Boba...:) thanks for your help, but have done that y it hasn't solved the problem. Any other advise/info would be so helpful from anyone in the forum.:confused:

Reiny 09

Check your receiver setup and make sure that it is set to match your dish. If you are trying to access a satellite that your dish won't receive it may cause a problem.

for some reason the software download is not properly updating in the box
so when the box turns on and it thinks it's due for an upgrade it tries to DL it and something happens either it's broken inside and it wont save or it's being interupted
if you are not interupting it, try unplugging the receiver for 30 seconds plug it back in and on the blue hello screen on your remote type in 0-2-4-6-8 this will force an update, let it complete the download, if it continues to try and update after the fact call D* and ask them to send you a new box sent UPS, and you will mail back this one and that should fix your problem

directv y 119 satellite

Hey All...yes, we do provide DNW/DirecTV way down south. Now, I have another question...has anyone heard of DNW changing the 119 satellite to different coordinates? I would sure appreciate any feedback on this one.
Thanks.

I had this problem with a D12 on a job last week. Chances are, you are probably missing transponders or there is something in the line that is preventing the information from the download from reaching the receiver. Check all transponders, and force a download with the 02468 on the "hello" screen once you are positive that all connections and components used are correct and in good working conditon.

This almost certainly means you have poor signal from the transponder that delivers the download and so the download never completes. Most likely the dish is not correctly aligned, although it could be a cable/connector issue also. I thought DirecTv in Costa Rica came from the 95 sat but might be completely wrong. In the U.S., the software comes from 101. Are you watching DirecTV Costa Rica or trying to receive DirecTV U.S. in Costa Rica?

directv costa rica

Am able to get DTV US programming in Costa Rica. It comes up on 101. Thanks to everyone for all the info on the DTV receiver. I finally got the problem solved, just had to set it on the round satellite.
Now another question??? Can anyone tell me what transponder y satellite the NFL Sunday Ticket comes up on? Appreciate all help. Thanks.

Reiny 09:eek:

You'll have to wait till the NFL starts broadcasting this fall. They don't keep a reserved location from season to season.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)