D12-100 Guided Setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I got a D12-100 activated. When I hooked it up, it had a guided setup and I set my dish to 5LNB SWM setup.

I bought it to my cabin where I have a 3LNB standard dish. The problem is when I hook it up it won't get past the white screen with the DirecTV logo which says 'Searching for signal'. I assume it's because it thinks that it should be using a SWM setup and isn't.

How do I force the receiver to go to back to guided setup on startup so that I can select the 3LNB standard dish? I can't press menu or anything. I tried reseting the receiver multiple times and even called DirecTV. No luck. I am sure my buddies here at SatelliteGuys will be able to help.

Say I bring it back home where the SWM setup is, what do I have do do in the menu to force it to use 3LNB? I can't select it from the dish type because it doesn't detect that dish type.

if it says its searching for sat. you can force it by saying exit on your remote. go to setup and repeat sat setup, select 3 LNB and try that bc 5 LNB is set up for HD receivers broadcasting. You can still set your Multi-sat 3 LNB and use 2 lnb selection on the set up menu.

if it keeps saying searching for sat, your dish is out of tune.

Funny thing is, when the receiver is on the white screen with the DireCTV logo 'searching for signal' it doesn't respond to any buttons pressed on the remote or receiver.

I tried it on a different line that I know was working in the cabin (have a different receiver hooked up that is working just fine on that line) and still getting the same thing.

I know the receiver worked at home on the SWM 5LNB dish setup. I'll run and grab it and see if it works this afternoon at home. If it does, maybe I can figure out how to force it do work with the 3LNB dish so it works when I bring it back up.

I was just hoping that there was a way to force it to do the setup again on reboot to just select the 3LNB dish without having to bring it home.

strange, you should be able to force it to EXIT and it'll take you to the last channel you had it on, and then press menu. *shrugs*

OR, bad receiver...

have you tried putting one of your revcievers that works in the part where you say that your revciever wont work?

I brought the receiver home and it worked without a hitch.

I then for giggles disconnected the sat in and power cycled the receiver. On the 'searching for signal' screen I was able to press exit without a hitch.

Good to know that you have to have the sat in not connected to press exit. Just wanted to post my results just in case someone ever wanted to search the same issue.

I brought the receiver home and it worked without a hitch.

I then for giggles disconnected the sat in and power cycled the receiver. On the 'searching for signal' screen I was able to press exit without a hitch.

Good to know that you have to have the sat in not connected to press exit. Just wanted to post my results just in case someone ever wanted to search the same issue.

glad i was able to help ya out!

also the thing is the reciever with new software which yours already has if it has been running on swim, it auto detects swim or non swim dish

Thanks for this post. I just had the same thing happen with my D12-100. It kept saying "searching for satellite" and I couldn't bring up the menu to change dishes. Punched the exit button on the remote and then the menu came up nicely. Thanks guys. 1931victor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)