D12 Satellite Launched!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What I think folks dont realize but the more channels you add, the more Directv has to pay out usually in a form of a price increase to its customers. So while I like having more HD channels, there is not a single channel I am willing to pay extra for. I got my Comedy Central and I have all the primary sport and local channels I need so I quite frankly dont care about another channel except that this brings backup bandwidth in case a satellite fails. Good insurance policy for my package.
And those PPV channels show PPV events in order to offset some of this cost

I can tell by your many posts today that you are fed up with D*. I get that! Me, I love it and I am waiting on ESPNU HD this first quarter(hope that stays true)... I can take the price increase that is coming up with the new satellite in space.

But you have D* so you could go with E*! They do have the red zone channel for pretty cheap, from what I heard....

Some small advice, I would wait to see what D12 has to offer with new channels. Multiple sources say we will be happy with the channel additions. I believe that too be true this time! Or, you could suspend your account for 6 months, go with another provider, and see what D12 does throw our way in 6 months and then reactivate if you like what you see...

P.S. I think Superfan will be free next year with all this HD now! Just a thought that it will be included like they do with Extra Innings...

Hope it works out for you either way!

I could care less about Red Zone. My beef is value for added cost and double paying for HD access.

I could care less about Red Zone. My beef is value for added cost and double paying for HD access.
I understand your beef and I would be upset too if I subbed to ST.

Remember, it cost them more to broadcast ST games in HD because they need to take a local spot beam feed and broadcast that same feed on a national conus transponder.

[DirecTV Marketing Dept]
You can also look at it from a marketing standpoint. They charge the extra amount because people will be willing to pay the extra amount. Plus, while the game are broadcasting an equal number of PPV channels are removed, thus removing that potential revenue source. This is just another way for them to get revenue from this downed source
[/DirecTV Marketing Dept] :D

I understand your beef and I would be upset too if I subbed to ST.

Remember, it cost them more to broadcast ST games in HD because they need to take a local spot beam feed and broadcast that same feed on a national conus transponder.

[DirecTV Marketing Dept]
You can also look at it from a marketing standpoint. They charge the extra amount because people will be willing to pay the extra amount. Plus, while the game are broadcasting an equal number of PPV channels are removed, thus removing that potential revenue source. This is just another way for them to get revenue from this downed source
[/DirecTV Marketing Dept] :D

Perfect example of my beef... Why is this important before you get your national feed ducks in a row?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv.../198123-3d-hdtv-channel-direct-tv-2010-a.html

Perfect example of my beef... Why is this important before you get your national feed ducks in a row?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv.../198123-3d-hdtv-channel-direct-tv-2010-a.html
I agree. I too think they should focus on other issues.

Again, Direct is doing this for marketing purposes. This is something that will separate them from the competition. Something that they can claim as exclusive. Even if few people are interested, often little tricks like this work.

Remember, when it comes to national HD, most people now think pretty much all providers are about the same. And actually, most people do not sub to HD anyway and believe stretching an SD image is the same (that is another issue for another discussion).

And actually, most people do not sub to HD anyway and believe stretching an SD image is the same (that is another issue for another discussion).

Yeah, I'm in the "if an HD version is available the SD version should get turned off" camp. Talk about wasted bandwidth.

Remember, those HD PPVs are there for a reason. The main reason why they have so many is because of their sports packages. Instead of looking at them as PPV channels, look at them as ST channels that are being used to make money when ST is not in use.

Very true.

One note on Uverse is, yeah you can get a cheaper price, but the PQ takes a hit. I'm willing to pay more for better PQ.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts