D12 Satellite Launched!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Four months of waiting will be easy compared to 12+ Months. Can't wait to see what will be added. Wondering if they will make a big splash on channel additions at CES?

Four months of waiting will be easy compared to 12+ Months. Can't wait to see what will be added. Wondering if they will make a big splash on channel additions at CES?
4 months until they will be CAPABLE of adding new channels. I think we'll be lucky if we get 5 new nationals by July.

4 months until they will be CAPABLE of adding new channels. I think we'll be lucky if we get 5 new nationals by July.

I think you will see new channels sooner than you think. If initial testing is ok, they will use NFLST bandwidth to add new channels until the new bird is fully functional......purely speculation on my part.....but a man can dream can't he?:D

It's good to know it made it up there, but I'm not gonna even think about seeing any new HD nationals till March or so.

Same here. I dont really need anything anyways ever since Comedy Central went HD. Now Daily Show and Colbert in HD Jan 4th. Thats my countdown!! :D

Reading between the lines of their press release, I am looking forward to more HD PPV channels & more local channels in markets that do not serve me.

As much as I would like more HD channels, I would be satisfied if they would switch the non-HD channels to MPEG 4 with better compression ratios & better picture quality.

This thread title is misleading. I thought it had already launched! I'm going back to sleep until it's actually in the air. Call me then.

It launched yesterday and is currently traveling to its testing location.

The new satellite will boost DIRECTV's HD capacity by 50 percent, to more than 200 HD channels, increase the number of local HD markets DIRECTV will serve and significantly expand movie choices on the DIRECTV Cinema and DIRECTV on Demand services. DIRECTV offers more than 130 HD channels today and delivers local HD programming to 138 markets, representing 92 percent of U.S. TV households.

So the only thing they are promising with all that HD capacity is some locals and more PPV/On Demand.

YHGTBSM!!!

WTF am I paying for!!!If Direct didn't have Sunday Ticket I swear to God they'd be out of my house so fast right now they wouldn't have a chance to contemplate new programing.

The new satellite will boost DIRECTV's HD capacity by 50 percent, to more than 200 HD channels, increase the number of local HD markets DIRECTV will serve and significantly expand movie choices on the DIRECTV Cinema and DIRECTV on Demand services. DIRECTV offers more than 130 HD channels today and delivers local HD programming to 138 markets, representing 92 percent of U.S. TV households.

So the only thing they are promising with all that HD capacity is some locals and more PPV/On Demand.

YHGTBSM!!!

WTF am I paying for!!!If Direct didn't have Sunday Ticket I swear to God they'd be out of my house so fast right now they wouldn't have a chance to contemplate new programing.

You don't get it, do you? Directv isn't going to promise anything in particular. If you think they spent millions to launch a satellite and not add national hd, so be it. I hope it's not too damp in your cave!;)

You don't get it, do you? Directv isn't going to promise anything in particular. If you think they spent millions to launch a satellite and not add national hd, so be it. I hope it's not too damp in your cave!;)

Considering they have yet to deliver on their last programing promise....

A D* employee over at DBSTalk has posted:

Some more great things coming in 2010...a ton of new HD channels in a number of genres (Premiums, base package channels, sports, etc), TiVo DVRs coming back, MRV, 3D Channel, a slew of new local channel markets, a few additional things to be mentioned later in the year that will also be well received.

IMHO, until they actually start lighting up the actual channels I'm not going to get all worried about it.

A D* employee over at DBSTalk has posted:

Some more great things coming in 2010...a ton of new HD channels in a number of genres (Premiums, base package channels, sports, etc), TiVo DVRs coming back, MRV, 3D Channel, a slew of new local channel markets, a few additional things to be mentioned later in the year that will also be well received.

IMHO, until they actually start lighting up the actual channels I'm not going to get all worried about it.

Means nothing until they deliver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)