D12 satellite - now we're receiving signals!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I heard a tiny Squeak something on the lines of within 45 days.
Thats wasn't DBS talk related.
That was my friend related.

Where the Hell is Stone cold? I though he was our directv information source.
Damn I go out and get Directv and now he's nowhere to be found.
:D

think he just came back from vacation. saw something in the pub forum.

I heard a tiny Squeak something on the lines of within 45 days.
Thats wasn't DBS talk related.
That was my friend related.

Where the Hell is Stone cold? I though he was our directv information source.
Damn I go out and get Directv and now he's nowhere to be found.
:D
he's on vaca ;) but yes i agree with your time line.i'm fine with it as long as we get plenty of what is out there in HD

he's on vaca ;) but yes i agree with your time line.i'm fine with it as long as we get plenty of what is out there in HD
The only Squeak he got , was I guess D* informed his boss to make sure the 103 is fully peaked from here on out, with D12 less then 2 months away.
So the Small talk after was an estimated 45 days. Doesn't sound too good for being sooner then that. But One never knows.

When the unofficial official unofficial sources go quiet, its either great news or really bad news and they want the PR flaks to handle it.

I know, not helping...not helping...

Probably only a handful of people know what if anything is wrong with the satellite. Those with Boeing & D* that work on the new satellite until handed off to D* at operational slot. If it's anything like what happened with D10, it moved to the 103 & a PR was put out by D* stating the spotbeam problem. If there is anything wrong with D12, the same thing will happen. No one will say anything due to SEC rules. Once Boeing hands D12 off at the 103, D* will either say good to go or good to go but with issues. Just a wait & see approach. But it's fun to speculate, especially with another 30 day request at 76 slot. My 2 cents on the issue FWIW.

this isn't totally related to dtv12 but the tech just left with my bum hr20 and replaced it with an hr23. i asked about mrv. he had just completed training and said national release is may 13. take it for whatever its worth. he didn't know the upgrade price but i have read its 99 dollars.

May 13 and $99 sounds right. $99 is what they are doing in the test markets. Includes upgrading equip to SWiM, any DECA adapters needed, and replacing any non-swm receivers that need to be upgraded. Some reported an additional $50 for something like the service call, others reported they waived that.

Also $3 per month.

May 13 and $99 sounds right. $99 is what they are doing in the test markets. Includes upgrading equip to SWiM, any DECA adapters needed, and replacing any non-swm receivers that need to be upgraded. Some reported an additional $50 for something like the service call, others reported they waived that.

Also $3 per month.
Yep, I was told by D* that the MRV was $149 installed with all the equipment regular price. But they offered with my upgrade last week to do it for $99 since I took the H23 upgrade now instead of a month from now.
I have an oppointment on the 17th of May for MRV.
So I would say 13th is not out of the question.;)

the tech told me i could add decca to both my hr23 and hr21 pro. he also thought the 3 dollar monthly fee sounded correct. i wonder if i should call the lady at the cutomer advocate team back and ask if i can sked an mrv upgrade for next month.

the tech told me i could add decca to both my hr23 and hr21 pro. he also thought the 3 dollar monthly fee sounded correct. i wonder if i should call the lady at the cutomer advocate team back and ask if i can sked an mrv upgrade for next month.
They never stated a monthly fee anytime during my conversation. You got me thinking now.:confused:

Guess D12 must be good, they just put out the official release announcing 30 new channels, and naming many of them.

DECA can be added to anything with an ethernet port (H21 up and HR20 up).

Any SD below D12 would need replacement. Any SD-DVR below R16 would need replacement, and any H20 would need replacement (no ethernet, but can do SWM).

Only H and HR can playback MRV content. Any SD only / SD-DVR are non-MRV, but may need upgrades to be SWM complaint.

DECA can be added to anything with an ethernet port (H21 up and HR20 up).

Any SD below D12 would need replacement. Any SD-DVR below R16 would need replacement, and any H20 would need replacement (no ethernet, but can do SWM).

Only H and HR can playback MRV content. Any SD only / SD-DVR are non-MRV, but may need upgrades to be SWM complaint.

Don't forget that the R22 can do MRV also if it is enabled for HD.

Amazing how fast they get something 'done' when they can charge a monthly fee for it, eh?

I was hoping it'd sit in beta for free at least as long as mediashare has or directv2pc did.

Guess D12 must be good, they just put out the official release announcing 30 new channels, and naming many of them.
Good and fine are relative terms. Neither lends a sense of everything being 100%.

In any event, today the FCC approved further testing on D12 at 76W:

FCC INTERNATIONAL BUREAU

The drop dead date for the drift to begin would seem to somewhere this side of May 9th.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)