D12 satellite - now we're receiving signals!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I find it strange, but I think its going around again.
Because not only is the Latitude 0.06, and its also still moving ahead at a good clip.

E* 14 Speed is about Half what D12 is currently, and it Latitude is .01, My guess one more time around it will be set.
That makes sence for E14 to be ready on the 21st.

D12 I think will be about the same.

I don't see it backing up, That will require alot of fuel.

Again Just assumptions.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the n2yo.com website uses the TLE information to extrapolate the position. So if the site doesn't have or use the latest info, it looks like the sat is still moving west at the last indicated speed.

I'd guess that D12 isn't really at the location that the site shows. But then, I could be wrong. :)

My understanding is that the n2yo.com website uses the TLE information to extrapolate the position. So if the site doesn't have or use the latest info, it looks like the sat is still moving west at the last indicated speed.

I'd guess that D12 isn't really at the location that the site shows. But then, I could be wrong. :)

Well satellieracer said 5 new channels were coming next week so things must be going better than it appears. I agree that n2yo.com is probably wrong since the last known TLE is over 18 hours old.

My understanding is that the n2yo.com website uses the TLE information to extrapolate the position.
That's precisely what TLE information is: a model describing the position of the satellite at any given time. If the TLE was a snapshot, they wouldn't need all the calculus that is involved in the first and second derivatives.

It needs to be said that DIRECTV is in a habit of not issuing TLEs when making significant changes to their satellite orbits so it is likely that we're in a waiting pattern to see when such a major change is completed.

Because D12 blew past its destination at speed, it is likely that another formal drift back to the East will be required.

FWIW, a single poster has posted a couple of screen shots showing signal readings on a couple of different transponders on 103(ca) which is D12. No one else but this one poster has seen this so I don't put a whole lot of stock in it at this point. Based on where it was yesterday I have a hard time believing D12 is at it's final spot.

FWIW, a single poster has posted a couple of screen shots showing signal readings on a couple of different transponders on 103(ca) which is D12. No one else but this one poster has seen this so I don't put a whole lot of stock in it at this point. Based on where it was yesterday I have a hard time believing D12 is at it's final spot.

Im getting all 0's on that 103(ca) satellite ATM

That's precisely what TLE information is: a model describing the position of the satellite at any given time. ...
Because D12 blew past its destination at speed, it is likely that another formal drift back to the East will be required.
I doubt that D12 actually blew by its destination as that website is just an approximation of its position based on the last TLE.
I would expect to see the position bounce back as the new TLE is applied for the web site.

As per a post on the other forum.
http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=2450819&postcount=9092

It needs to be said that DIRECTV is in a habit of not issuing TLEs when making significant changes to their satellite orbits so it is likely that we're in a waiting pattern to see when such a major change is completed.

Directv issues the TLEs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)