Damn NFL!

Again, that is how Television has worked since the 70’s, there is no law that says it has to be on Traditional Paid Live TV or OTA.

What are you on about? You make no sense. Games that NBC have had the rights to since the 70's have been on their OTA channels (or Traditional Paid Live TV, IF they have been anywhere else other than OTA), until they got into streaming. Your "no law" statement, is immaterial, especially in regard to the discussion of people being annoyed at this change to streaming only.

It will be happening a lot more often in this time of transition.

And that is one of the things that people are annoyed about, and the extra greed involved if you wanted to watch what would have been OTA, as the first game was.

And that is one of the things that people are annoyed about, and the extra greed involved if you wanted to watch what would have been OTA, as the first game was.
There is no extra greed involved, probably lost money by putting it on Peacock, but they were using that game to grow Peacock, because they (NBC) knows that the future of Television will be streaming.

By this time next year, there will be more Households in the United States without a Live TV Service ( including services like YTTV) then with.

We already have more Households without Cable/Satellite then do have it.

NBC is looking towards the future.
What are you on about? You make no sense. Games that NBC have had the rights to since the 70's have been on their OTA channels (or Traditional Paid Live TV, IF they have been anywhere else other than OTA), until they got into streaming. Your "no law" statement, is immaterial, especially in regard to the discussion of people being annoyed at this change to streaming only.
That is correct, NBC has the rights, to show it where they wish, which the NFL probably agreed to it when they signed the new deal.

There is nothing that says it had to be on NBC nationwide.

There is no extra greed involved, probably lost money by putting it on Peacock, but they were using that game to grow Peacock, because they (NBC) knows that the future of Television will be streaming.
Well, I guess when you already have lost $2.8 billion this year streaming, what's a few more dollars, and annoy people at the same time! Looks like a good future!

Reactions: AZ.
Well, I guess when you already have lost $2.8 billion this year streaming, what's a few more dollars, and annoy people at the same time! Looks like a good future!

Peacock, Paramount, Disney are predicated to be profitable by first quarter 2025 at the latest.

It takes time, which is forgotten in today’s now now world, it took DirecTV and Netflix 6 years before becoming profitable, Dish and Amazon 9 years.

Both Disney/Peacock fit within that 6 year timeframe, Paramount in that 9 year time frame.

I don't have "paid live LTV." I have Netflix and OTA. Guess that makes me a TV deadbeat.
In 3 weeks, after College Football Playoffs, neither will I.

One more cycle of having YTTV from September till January, then ESPN goes streaming first quarter 2025, never have to do it again.

Peacock, Paramount, Disney are predicated to be profitable by first quarter 2025 at the latest.

It takes time, which is forgotten in today’s now now world, it took DirecTV and Netflix 6 years before becoming profitable, Dish and Amazon 9 years.

Both Disney/Peacock fit within that 6 year timeframe, Paramount in that 9 year time frame.

I seriously doubt Peacock will see black by '25.

Reactions: Keith Brannen
I seriously doubt Peacock will see black by '25.
To be honest, neither do I, while Paramount and Disney+ look to be on pace for 3rd or 4th Quarter 2024 profitability.

I just cannot see Peacock ( or AMC+) doing it, ever, but at the same time, I do not know what PeacockTV is taking in regarding Ad Revenue, or the plans for that.

They (Comcast) seems like they want to make it more sports centric, with NBA, MLB and College Football Playoffs contracts all coming up in the next 2-3 years, I do wonder.

Not what I posted about, read your link, only one tweet about Picture Quality being bad, the rest was the usual how dare it be on Peacock.

I had it on, looked like the normal great looking Sunday Night Football broadcast, but I have qG, no idea of what speed the people(s) complaining have.
I thought the picture quality was sketchy, normally pretty good, but occasionally glitchy thruout the game ...

I even turned Peacock Off and back on hoping it was on My end, it was not.

By this time next year, there will be more Households in the United States without a Live TV Service ( including services like YTTV) then with.

We already have more Households without Cable/Satellite then do have it.

NBC is looking towards the future.

That is correct, NBC has the rights, to show it where they wish, which the NFL probably agreed to it when they signed the new deal.

There is nothing that says it had to be on NBC nationwide.
WTH, Put it on in 10 markets ONLY ...

Theres No rules saying they can't do what they want with it ...

Streaming was too ADD to what most people have/has TV wise.
Not to Exclude everyone from access to what the already paid for.

Here's the thing about the Peacock game - if it wasn't on Peacock, it would have been on during one of the sunday windows and you would have STILL Had to pay for it because it would then have been on Sunday Ticket. When the NFL agreed to the Peacock exclusive, they obviously planned a game that would not have been a national game during the Sunday window and let NBC move it to Saturday for this.

So all this griping about "I have to pay for additional content" is moot because if it wasn't on Peacock, it would have been a standard out-of-market ST game on Sunday.

• Sad
Here's the thing about the Peacock game - if it wasn't on Peacock, it would have been on during one of the sunday windows and you would have STILL Had to pay for it because it would then have been on Sunday Ticket. When the NFL agreed to the Peacock exclusive, they obviously planned a game that would not have been a national game during the Sunday window and let NBC move it to Saturday for this.

So all this griping about "I have to pay for additional content" is moot because if it wasn't on Peacock, it would have been a standard out-of-market ST game on Sunday.
Except it would have been on OTA Locally with ST ...
Was it on Locally on OTA this time ????

If you pay the Fees for the Sunday Ticket, it's Suppose to cover all the Games outside of the Sunday and Monday games ...

Now they are circumventing new ways to diminish the ST even more.
ST keeps going up in price and the games that are shown are less and less.

Not that I'm worried about the dud games, unless my teams are on those time slots.

(Sadly, both the teams I have been watching are Dud teams this year ... (Steelers always and Bears since J. Fields, that may change soon)) ... fwiw, the Bears are getting better, just taking time, till they, decide to got the "Has to happen right away " route AGAIN and draft a QB that they think will be a Star and Start ALL OVER again.

That said, the Texans have had a pretty good season (CJ Stroud) and they are building ... Will Anderson, WR Dell, and Collins.

Can't get Broncos Vs Patriots due to NFL cable only channel broadcast rights, while people living in Denver can get it over the air on ABC KMGH-DT while in Albuquerque you have to get it on cable TV, not streaming or over the air! :p

Means pay up to overpriced cable TV packages, but no thanks, that's far I will go is the streaming, over the air and FTA satellite period!:rolleyes::p:hatsoff

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Can't get Broncos Vs Patriots due to NFL cable only channel broadcast rights, while people living in Denver can get it over the air on ABC KMGH-DT while in Albuquerque you have to get it on cable TV, not streaming or over the air! :p

Means pay up to overpriced cable TV packages, but no thanks, that's far I will go is the streaming, over the air and FTA satellite period!:rolleyes::p:hatsoff

Do you get any NFL OTA?

Reactions: N5XZS