Danger 4096 found turned back on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi Eurosport,

If the stream is up right now, where can it be found? Over the last three hours I have parked on G1 C3 P9 P5 and GO and have DCII green light on each one, but nothing. Where's the stream?

Thanks for responding.

what do you want the 4096 stream for ? the x4 map can be found on w5. try to manually tune freq 1430.000. since no one is authorizing the 4096 stream anymore not much can be done with it from our end. moto can of course deauth units if they still have 4096 set as their emm provider. if youve converted to 4160 emm then i think 4096 is of no consequence whether it is there or not.

crackt out,.

I am still running 4096 version, and have left the satellite parked on GB, C3, C4, and (non-DCII) W7. My trip counter was on 747 since last November and hadn't moved since then, a few days ago I uploaded memory from the IRD, which causes me to hard reboot it, trip counter is at 0 now, and hasn't moved. I have been to C3 showtime fp, W5, GB, G1, G9, C3, C4, T4, M5 DCII services, and have taken -0- hits. My clock did change on the mexican satellite, but corrected itself at G9 (Wealth). I am not saying Motorola is not sending out hits, but has anyone on 4096 received any hits since 4 January?

I have had a 920 receiver over on C3 & Go Showtime channels with no problems. This receiver has not been updated for W5 and it has not taken any hits on C3/G0/ or G1.
I have no idea how someone can say that the old EMM is back in the data-stream but if it is then it is not doing anything to any of my receivers.

Thats my point. Not anything, no changes and 0 on the trip counter. My X4 has three channels and they will not update with rehits. I want W5 in the hope of catching the stream with complete download for X4.

Hi crackt out,

I thought that was what I did above in post# 68 70 74 and 78.

Thanks.

I kept my system out of the stream.
I did this AFTER I made sure I had my full set of sat tiles, including the new X4. I believe that this was stressed by tvropro and others.... to be sure you had W5 and X4 before the Moto shutdown, and deciding to stay out of the stream. The old Moto stream is up right now, but I do not know if you can get an updated set of maps from it or not.

Exactly Euro, I had directions on my site about getting X4 for a month before shutdown. The steps were easy to follow. Staying out of the stream was a decision that some used because we did not and still do not have Motorola's intentions in writing. They can do anything they like. With no way to to get our generic tiles in the future this was a smart move if they decided to mess with them. The X4 tile is mapped at 105 west, anyone can get it there still. The 4096 stuff that is up for whatever reason contains no channel maps that I have found.

I have had a 920 receiver over on C3 & Go Showtime channels with no problems. This receiver has not been updated for W5 and it has not taken any hits on C3/G0/ or G1.
I have no idea how someone can say that the old EMM is back in the data-stream but if it is then it is not doing anything to any of my receivers.

4096 is there, 905's show it and in diag A on 922's if you have the 4096 provider with the 1000 4DTV still. it is now locking with a "0" when gone it was showing a "1" unlocked.

I'm trying to map in W5. Went to Skyvision and followed instructions posted to map W5. Unplugged receiver while on G1-3, waited 20 seconds and plugged back in. Trip Counter is setting at 0 and channels show 4562.

Is the 4069 stream still up? Have I done something wrong?

did someone tell you to go to G1/03 to get W5 mapped in?
Until this thread appeared everyone had said that the EMM data from Motorola that was being sent out on G0 & G1 had been taken down.
That means it is no more.
Now if you do not have W5 mapped in then you have to figure out a workaround to get it.
It really is not that difficult. People had been saying go to W5-216 but since you don't have it you needs to do the next best thing.
W5-216 is frequency 1430.000 That usually relates to channel 1 on most of the C-band satellite icons.
In your case I will tell you to use G9 icon. Go to channel 1 now your on the proper frequency. you now need to re-position that satellite to 105.0*W. Go to Lyngsat website if you need to.
Once you see a green DCII lock on your receiver at 105.0W let it sit there. I know you will get the X4 icon not sure about the W5 icon.
My receivers already had the W5 icon in them so I do not know if they are sending out that channel map info for W5.
If you get the W5 icon then post back saying yes or no so others can know.
If you don't get W5 your still ok, but you do need the X4 icon.
X4 was re-worked /re-issued and is a C-band icon now.

G1 is no longer of any use for you at this time unless Motorola specifically told you to go there.

No one can update their channel maps or guide information by sitting on the 4dtv satellites G1::G0:: C3 any longer.

4096 is there, 905's show it and in diag A on 922's if you have the 4096 provider with the 1000 4DTV still. it is now locking with a "0" when gone it was showing a "1" unlocked.
I'll take your word on it. Too many numbers for me. That's what I bought the OpenBox for.

G1, C3, G0, W5 & X4 were all listed in post# 1 by tvropro of this thread. He did say that he had heard from others that the 4096 stream was up again.

Stargaze, thanks for you suggestion. I have learned a lot about the 922 since my problem started. Your post is the first real suggestion of something I could try for a work around and I do appreciate that. I'm currently converting 4play into a new program and have had some success. There is still a long way to go though. I will remember this. Thanks.

I believe I have followed you instructions correctly. I will list what I did. I went to 105 and programed P9 to that location. Changed channel to 1. I do not have a DCII lock and no green light. What would that mean in my case?

G1, C3, G0, W5 & X4 were all listed in post# 1 by tvropro of this thread. He did say that he had heard from others that the 4096 stream was up again.

Stargaze, thanks for you suggestion. I have learned a lot about the 922 since my problem started. Your post is the first real suggestion of something I could try for a work around and I do appreciate that. I'm currently converting 4play into a new program and have had some success. There is still a long way to go though. I will remember this. Thanks.

I just saw an earlier post where you said you have X-4.
If I were you I would go to X4, wait till you had a digital lock, then do Options-6-4-4- find G9 and then press change settings.
then turn G9 to channel 1 and see if you get a digital lock. if you do then press Options-6-5 and see if your channels update for you.
It should go to 4782 channels do not move your dish while it is updating the channel maps.
If it goes to 4782 then you have all the channel maps coming from W5/X4.

I heard what some others were saying but I have learned from a number of years ago that if you wanted to know if it was true you would just have to find out for yourself.

I posted information on what happened to a 922 conversion and they did not want to believe it, now if it happens to them all I can say is to dig through the posts and figure it out themselves.

Good luck with the 4Play. It may work now that Motorola had ended their up-link of channel maps so it would no longer have a conflict with the program.
If anything figuring out a way to re-load all the satellites and also allowing for changing some of the generics to what is working now would be great.

I believe I have followed you instructions correctly. I will list what I did. I went to 105 and programed P9 to that location. Changed channel to 1. I do not have a DCII lock and no green light. What would that mean in my case?

Is P9/01 using freq. 1430.000? options 6-0-5 > > diagnostic screen C 2nd line 2nd set of numbers from the left to right.

If not then use G9. Just remember the settings number for G9 so you can return it to the proper place afterwords.

I sent you an e-mail about a generic solution.

I agree. I haven't brought this up before, but I do have several 922s with mapping before 1/4/11 and they are current with not only W5 but also AI and the old X4 Ku. I don't dare touch them right now because I am in the process of dumping to find memory locations for those sats before something happens and they are lost. So I am stuck with this one receiver and need to find a work around for it.

Update!

While my X4 is messed up, I am getting a DCII green light lock on channels 5, 7, 9, 11, 17 and 23. No lock on channel 1. Based on what I know, any of these channels should work.

You can try hitting yourself with websams on any X4 locked channel. Try the CF generic at ch 107 that should give you a lock and is the same as 216 on X4/W5.

922 UNIT here. Picked up the X-4 tile this morning on the channel noted earlier in this thread. Got the DCII light per earlier post. Verified programming ability with the reception of DMX music channels.

Remaining connected to fixed W-5, RE-added the receiver to my Websams. (did they blank the database after the changeover from Motorola?) and not sure where to park for re-activation of guide-only if possible. Websams takes the zero-dollar order, but Authorization status remains 'US", Channels at 4782 on this screen, but higher on the "hidden" menu where I show "0" as provider.

Steps thus far successful, unless something above points to trouble. Should I be concerned that I can't yet get a hit from Websams? (I know the computers are a bit slower, and earlier today on the phone we got "near instant" hit on a new sub for a friend of mine on a DSR-410.) I figure I'm what some here consider "safe" with a provider of "0" now, and could do the hit anytime if all else sounds correct.

And, if it doesn't work...I still have all my tiles and a dish-mover!

As a footnote you might need to know that when I speak of a digital lock I am referring to diagnostic screen C which if it gives you a lock a number 07 will be on the top left of the screen.
My receivers are not in the open and I rarely ever look at the receiver itself to see if a green DCII lock is on the receiver.

If he knows he is tweaked to 105W, can't he manually tune 1430 V and get a lock, then hit the box with websams?

Edit - I would make sure skew, etc is set correctly and highest signal quality on tps that are getting a lock, tweaking will be very important. If a dvb-s2 compatible box is available, he can verify he is looking at 105. NBC mux is at 3780 H 30000 DVBs2-8PSK 3/4 PILOT=1

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.