Danger 4096 found turned back on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just went back to W5-625 & still have the Science Channel. Emm Provider says 4096 again, so I am currently back on G3. I don't really know what I'm doing but thought I would add my 2 cents worth.

I was parked on X4 this morning long enuff to get the guide update and have been on Galaxy3 since then. I still have my maps and the 4DTV (DSR922) still moves.

They have done something. I did the change over and was on G0 My provirer is now 0. Trip counter is up to 10 and status MI on all my subs

Update - Just did a WEBSams and all is back. I'm not going to G0 to see if channels there are back.

Last edited:
Well, I've been on C4 overnight and this AM [01-08-2011], ans then G1 for about 15 mins, then C3 for a couple hrs, then GO for a couple hours and my 4096 EMM trip counter still reads Zero [0].

But I could have sworn my channel count has changed. It is now 4809.
Unfortunately I failed to write it down before the end of the year.

All I found odd was the ALL the Starz channels on G5 and G1 have now been assigned the dreaded 'Not Available'.
No other channels carry this designation - just Starz. This I think is odd because they are the only channels to which I didn't subscribe before 12-29-2010.

My thought is that we witnessed an orderly attempt to shutdown the 4096 provider stream. ... I will continue to watch my 4d and as I said in December I still don't believe in the boogieman.

I agree. Motorola has been working with SRL and SkyVision in a business type manner to assist in the transition. I am disappointed that they've abandoned 4DTV (hence my comment about them being cold hearted), but I understand that it comes down to dollars and cents.

I wonder what has happened to a lot of those old 4DTV units that NPS pulled out of service by converting the customers to DishNet.. There are likely thousands upon thousands of good receivers now sitting in landfills or electronics recycling depots.. :(

I believe that the reason 4096 is back is for another round of deauth 4096 people who are getting extended subs. It's a possibility that they may be helping Skyvision but why do they need 4096 up on anything but W5 & X4 if that was the case? It's active also on the Showtime free previews and the HBO's. They could very easy knock your active CK out of your receiver while your enjoying a Showtime movie and never know it till you change channels and the ratings bit screen pops up. Motorola is probably taking heat from some programmer that has read that were getting stuff for free.

There is a known problem with the Motorola 922's(which I have one) with this conversion process. Motorola was contacted by Skyvision about the problem. I would guess the old EMM was turned on temporarily in order to try addressing some of the problems that are going on.
I have not heard of anyone who was turned off by sitting on the Showtime channels or anyplace else. (I am speaking of those who had not yet done the conversion process).
At this time I doubt they are up to anything more than working on the conversion process.

Does anyone know what the problem is? The only reason they need it up is to send hits to the bad receivers to try to clear them so they accept the new EMM. Hopefully they will leave us alone and let us get the last breath out of 4096.

What year is your 922 from Stargaze and maybe others with trouble too can post the year there unit is. Maybe we can establish a pattern. My receiver is from 2006 manufactured I think it was Nov 05. (I haven't converted yet but will soon) Also post if the receiver is a GI or Motorola 922 etc.

The 7th digit in the serial number from the left is the year manufactured.

Attachments

• 4dtv.jpg
    4dtv.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 132
Depends on your environment if its in a hot place then I would start to wonder soon. I'm not concerned about mine yet mine has never been is an over 75 degree room and I let it vent (nothing above or below it)

So with all this speculation, and the presence of the possible older data stream, is it possible this would help those of us who simply left the 922's alone and did not pick up an x4 tile? I'm thinking its too late for me to convert my old 922 without "bricking" but not worried since I converted to 410, and the old receiver has all satellies except x4 available as of December 2010. its only a mover now. But, I'd like the "option" still open to convert it. Perhaps I still can get the tile needed?

I wonder if the old channel maps are being transmitted on HBO on G1 maybe someone with a TS reader can see what is in that signal. I was on HBO and did not see my X4 tile move next to G4 so maybe its up only to do hits trying to solve the conversion issues and possibly deauth the remaining 4096 units that didn't take yet. I think Motorola don't have a clue of whats wrong with the conversion and us stupid c banders that refuse to go away ruined their weekend. :eek:

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the problem is? The only reason they need it up is to send hits to the bad receivers to try to clear them so they accept the new EMM. Hopefully they will leave us alone and let us get the last breath out of 4096.

What year is your 922 from Stargaze and maybe others with trouble too can post the year there unit is. Maybe we can establish a pattern. My receiver is from 2006 manufactured I think it was Nov 05. (I haven't converted yet but will soon) Also post if the receiver is a GI or Motorola 922 etc.

my 922 is from 2002.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)