Danger 4096 found turned back on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I believe I have followed you instructions correctly. I will list what I did. I went to 105 and programed P9 to that location. Changed channel to 1. I do not have a DCII lock and no green light. What would that mean in my case?

try "G9" as stargaze suggested, not P9. if you do not have G9 then press option 6-7-7-8-1. enter freq 1430.000. it is horizontal polarity. you should now have a green dc2 light. if you dont you have some other issues but one thing at a time. if you get a dc2 lock then let the reciever sit tuned for a couple minutes. make sure X4 is not in your programmed sats or it will not update (if you have an old X4 map). if you get this far then you can follow the 4-step process from here.

id also like to say that instead of calling down the forum and getting frustrated, you could have made your own post titled something like "Help me map X4" instead of discussing it in a thread that really has nothing to do with your issue. this will not only help us help you more efficiently but it will also make that search button work alot better for others with similar issues. some of us have real lives that we need to take breaks from the forums to attend to. a little bit of patience and perserverance and we will help you solve your issues. we all know satguys is the best. haha. lets keep a smile on our face.

crackt out,.

edit: lyngsat shows 1430 as vertical but the dsr's appear to be opposite polarity from dvb recievers, thats why i said horizontal.

Last edited:
I don't believe a rehit would do much at this time for the circumstances that Stoker is having.
Even a 921 receiver will pull in the channel maps from W5 at this time by just sitting on W5.
However; this is for Stoker: this just came to my mind.
Place Cf-107 over at 105W. Now unplug your receiver for 30 seconds and replug it back in.
This may force the channel maps from W5 to load in your receiver.
It will not cause anything else to happen just unplug the unit and then replug it back in again.
after if reboots go to options-6-5 on CF-107 and let it sit there for awhile, go do something else and come back in 15-25 minutes to see if your channel count goes up.
It may take that long.

We are forgetting one thing all along this process. The unplugging of the receiver.
This has been know to have to be done in the past for certain map changes and it still needs to be done on certain receivers.
This was a problem with my 922 since I first had it and I had to do it after the changing of the EMM number to be able to receive the ZK & FP signals also. In the future people should be made aware of this as it may be what they need to do to get them up to par.

922 UNIT here. Picked up the X-4 tile this morning on the channel noted earlier in this thread. Got the DCII light per earlier post. Verified programming ability with the reception of DMX music channels.

Remaining connected to fixed W-5, RE-added the receiver to my Websams. (did they blank the database after the changeover from Motorola?) and not sure where to park for re-activation of guide-only if possible. Websams takes the zero-dollar order, but Authorization status remains 'US", Channels at 4782 on this screen, but higher on the "hidden" menu where I show "0" as provider.

Steps thus far successful, unless something above points to trouble. Should I be concerned that I can't yet get a hit from Websams? (I know the computers are a bit slower, and earlier today on the phone we got "near instant" hit on a new sub for a friend of mine on a DSR-410.) I figure I'm what some here consider "safe" with a provider of "0" now, and could do the hit anytime if all else sounds correct.

And, if it doesn't work...I still have all my tiles and a dish-mover!

If you did a web-sams guide turn on check diagnostic screen A
fourth line down on the right directly under ID it should show a number '1' if the guide is activated. if it is not then that number will show a '0'.
I assume you did the work-around process and now have the new EMM number. If not then that may be the answer to your question.
Otherwise it is taking a bit longer for the hits to show up from web-sams due to the many others trying to get it done also.

If you did a web-sams guide turn on check diagnostic screen A
fourth line down on the right directly under ID it should show a number '1' if the guide is activated. if it is not then that number will show a '0'.
I assume you did the work-around process and now have the new EMM number. If not then that may be the answer to your question.
Otherwise it is taking a bit longer for the hits to show up from web-sams due to the many others trying to get it done also.

No guide, but a "01" on the line.

Now here's where I'm confused. One of my screens still shows the 4096 stream which had turned to "0" after the procedure. After the workaround, I had only the DCII light and nothing else, no counts on the hits, nothing. The work-around procedure maintained a DCII lock, but lost me the DMX channels. Now they're back after a reboot of unplug/plug, so I have conflicting info on my screens. The "manual tune" screen is on frequency 1190.000, EMM provider 4096, with 5064 channels. But....conflicting info on the "standard" info screen says, authorization ZK, trip counter 0 and 4,782 channels.

I noted after the procedure the authorization status was "US" which prompted a trip to Websams.

Probably something simple happening, and I don't mind being an example for others..hope this (part of the) thread helps me, and maybe some others!
Still connected via LNBF and receiving DMX as I type this...all tiles intact.

Recap: DMX channels active. DCII light on, X4 tile. Did workaround, lost audio on DMX, did reboot, DMX is back, "1" on guide, but it still prompts me to go to G-1 for the guide which we know is not correct.

I think my unit is haunted, but glad its still not a brick.

-Jim

No guide, but a "01" on the line.

Now here's where I'm confused. One of my screens still shows the 4096 stream which had turned to "0" after the procedure. After the workaround, I had only the DCII light and nothing else, no counts on the hits, nothing. The work-around procedure maintained a DCII lock, but lost me the DMX channels. Now they're back after a reboot of unplug/plug, so I have conflicting info on my screens. The "manual tune" screen is on frequency 1190.000, EMM provider 4096, with 5064 channels. But....conflicting info on the "standard" info screen says, authorization ZK, trip counter 0 and 4,782 channels.

I noted after the procedure the authorization status was "US" which prompted a trip to Websams.

Probably something simple happening, and I don't mind being an example for others..hope this (part of the) thread helps me, and maybe some others!
Still connected via LNBF and receiving DMX as I type this...all tiles intact.

Recap: DMX channels active. DCII light on, X4 tile. Did workaround, lost audio on DMX, did reboot, DMX is back, "1" on guide, but it still prompts me to go to G-1 for the guide which we know is not correct.

I think my unit is haunted, but glad its still not a brick.

-Jim

if you auth reset, get an emm provider of "0" and then unplug your reciever it will revert to emm provider "4096". i think you can only take a hit for the guide when emm provider is set to "4160" but i thought i heard otherwise. the reference to moving to g1 for the guide shows that the reciever is still looking for the guide from emm provider "4096".

crackt out,.

Crackt,

I know your trying to help. but you really should read the threads you are responding to. I did start a thread and in that thread I posted my problem. See the following.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/4dtv-discussion/239468-strange-days-ftaers.html
Not only did I post about the problem I am having but when you look down that thread, you will find that you responded to that post and didn't respond correctly as one might think of someone who had read my post. Don't get me wrong, but I have been frustrated with this problem and until today nothing was offered that I had not already tried and then came Stargaze!

Stargaze showed that he had read my posts and offered ideas that were helpful.

I'm now hearing music on channels 824-829 at X4. Still, I have a subscription with SLR and websams wont activate my channels. No where on X4 or SF are there any channels in the clear with the exception of the music channels I just posted. Something seems wrong with my system, so monday plan to check out other things and try to find the problem.

Stargaze, I did try pulling the plug 2 days ago and again today. While I know that should help most people, it didn't help me.

Thanks, Stargaze, you know your stuff.

Stoker

if you auth reset, get an emm provider of "0" and then unplug your reciever it will revert to emm provider "4096". i think you can only take a hit for the guide when emm provider is set to "4160" but i thought i heard otherwise. the reference to moving to g1 for the guide shows that the reciever is still looking for the guide from emm provider "4096".

crackt out,.

So, the question I have missed somehow in all of this is, how do we know we indeed, ARE converted, if this 4096 is going to pop up? Had not seen any other reference to the guide asking anyone to go to G-1, thus I would think my "procedure" did not take. is there a way to verify this, or to look at some screen info that will verify the procedure is correct? When i did it, the provider went to "0" on the hidden screen, so I thought it was done. Apparently I am misunderstanding something in this, and grateful for any help.

-jim

Radio,

The only way I have found to check that stream is to use your remote and punch in under options at top left second button 67781. You will see EMM Provider second line. It should say 4160 if you have the proper download. Otherwise, it will say 4096. Hope this helps.

sorry stoker if my posts appear generic. if you tried to tune 1430 as i stated your frustration level would have been alot lower. i did read your post once. but after reading it again after your replay i found i had to read it 2 more times to actually understand what your issues were. forgive my haste. glad your music is back. ill let someone else help you with your auth problems.

crackt out,.

Thanks Crackt,

As I said, I know you are just trying to help. I'm sure you have had this happen to you before, but I have repeated myself so many times and it was like no one was listening.

Again, thank you.

Stoker

So, the question I have missed somehow in all of this is, how do we know we indeed, ARE converted, if this 4096 is going to pop up? Had not seen any other reference to the guide asking anyone to go to G-1, thus I would think my "procedure" did not take. is there a way to verify this, or to look at some screen info that will verify the procedure is correct? When i did it, the provider went to "0" on the hidden screen, so I thought it was done. Apparently I am misunderstanding something in this, and grateful for any help.

-jim

if you press options 6-0-5. on the fourth line there is something like Fe98 # and then 4 numbers. the 4 numbers will be 1000 if your running on the 4096 emm (1000 is hex for 4096), 0000 after youve done an auth reset and 1040 (hex for 4160) after converting to the new emm.

you may also be able to find your emm provider on the system status screen. my 905 shows it there on line R. or S. options 6-7-7-8-1 will also show you the emm provider.

crackt out,.

Some cultures eat monkey and baboon. To catch them they put salt in a tree or coconut hole big enough to get their hand in. When the animal gets hold of the salt they wont let go. The hunter then walks right up to them and kills them. Is the EMM 4096 like the salt in the hole, isnt there only 21 days left of it anyway? For 30 yrs in a large corporation, I was in senior mgmt. If all the speculation abt Dish, NPS and Motorola have any basis in fact, they could be violating the Serman Anti Act. Not something any senior mgr wants to be guilty of. After retireing I did work as a tech for Gateway. I was a certified technical suport tec (only 30 of us) when the comp started the down hill slide cutting the quality of service and I left before it hit bottom. A more logical possibility is that a radical anarchist tech, who gets his jollies doing it, is playing games without mgmt knowlege. I spoke with Motorola 12/12/2010 when I felt NPS was telling me less than the truth. The Motorola tech was very candid and helpful (would not flat out say that NPS had an agenda) but encouraged me to hang with my 922, that they were working with 2 providers and that there was going to be a future for 4dtv units. If they are putting their efforts into the fixed units and gave me hope that my 922 would be useable for scanning and the new service, why would they care what happens with EMM 4096. What am I missing?? I am all set to order programming. Since 1/5 my IPG works better, EMM is 4160, trip count is up to 12 from the orig 5 when I took a hit, the channels are steady at 4782, I am surfing, listening to 42 DMX channels. I'm happy! Am I diluded or just getting senile??

Last edited:

-jim

Slow down ....
First: forget what you see on diagnostic screen G for the channel count. That means nothing!

Now I do not know what receiver you have.
Too many posts from all over and if people do not put that in with any questions then you could be going on a wild goose chase until you let people know which receiver you are trying to get results with.

On a 922 to see if you have the correct EMM number:
Press 'Options' 6-7-7-8-1
The 922 will show what the EMM number is on this screen.
your looking for it to be '4160'
If it is anything different then you have not properly changed your EMM number over.
I do know I had to do the work-around process twice to get the numbers on diagnostic screen A to revert to all 0's.
Those numbers were on Diag screen A 4th line from the top center of the gray box. Showed FED4 1 1000
Doing the workaround process properly all of these numbers/figures will turn to all 0's (useful if your using a 920 receiver)
After a successful workaround those figures/numbers on diag screen A should read like this: FED4 0 1040.
If this is what is showing on diagnostic screen A then you have completed the process to the new EMM number.

For now forget about what everyone else is saying and just try to get to this point.
If your not on the right EMM then re-do the work-around process outlined by Tvropro.
Once you get the new EMM number then see if you can sub to some channel on X4.

Crackt,

I know your trying to help. but you really should read the threads you are responding to. I did start a thread and in that thread I posted my problem. See the following.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/4dtv-discussion/239468-strange-days-ftaers.html
Not only did I post about the problem I am having but when you look down that thread, you will find that you responded to that post and didn't respond correctly as one might think of someone who had read my post. Don't get me wrong, but I have been frustrated with this problem and until today nothing was offered that I had not already tried and then came Stargaze!

Stargaze showed that he had read my posts and offered ideas that were helpful.

I'm now hearing music on channels 824-829 at X4. Still, I have a subscription with SLR and websams wont activate my channels. No where on X4 or SF are there any channels in the clear with the exception of the music channels I just posted. Something seems wrong with my system, so monday plan to check out other things and try to find the problem.

Stargaze, I did try pulling the plug 2 days ago and again today. While I know that should help most people, it didn't help me.

Thanks, Stargaze, you know your stuff.

Stoker

Forgive me but I am not quite understanding this post.
1) Did your receiver get all the channels (ie.. options-6-5 channel count 4782)?
2) Did you get X4-216?
(if not then did you try CF-107?)
If #1 is yes then so is #2.
3) did W5 ever show up in your receiver? (you may have to do an options-6-4-4 to see if it is there.)

Some cultures eat monkey and baboon. To catch them they put salt in a tree or coconut hole big enough to get their hand in. When the animal gets hold of the salt they wont let go. The hunter then walks right up to them and kills them. Is the EMM 4096 like the salt in the hole, isnt there only 21 days left of it anyway? For 30 yrs in a large corporation, I was in senior mgmt. If all the speculation abt Dish, NPS and Motorola have any basis in fact, they could be violating the Serman Anti Act. Not something any senior mgr wants to be guilty of. After retireing I did work as a tech for Gateway. I was a certified technical suport tec (only 30 of us) when the comp started the down hill slide cutting the quality of service and I left before it hit bottom. A more logical possibility is that a radical anarchist tech, who gets his jollies doing it, is playing games without mgmt knowlege. I spoke with Motorola 12/12/2010 when I felt NPS was telling me less than the truth. The Motorola tech was very candid and helpful (would not flat out say that NPS had an agenda) but encouraged me to hang with my 922, that they were working with 2 providers and that there was going to be a future for 4dtv units. If they are putting their efforts into the fixed units and gave me hope that my 922 would be useable for scanning and the new service, why would they care what happens with EMM 4096. What am I missing?? I am all set to order programming. Since 1/5 my IPG works better, EMM is 4160, trip count is up to 12 from the orig 5 when I took a hit, the channels are steady at 4782, I am surfing, listening to 42 DMX channels. I'm happy! Am I diluded??

alot of people arent mentioning moto's restructuring that mysteriously coincided with the end of the 4096 emm. i think it was a move to make a more profitable company. remember that they did try to sell the stb portion but no one ponied up for it. it appears they may even be helping with the transition. the reappearance of the 4096 emm could be for deauths. one never knows what kind of contractual obligations moto had to protect the programmers interests or to deauth in an event like this. other than losing 2 channels at gb i think im in pretty much the same shape as i was before with my 3 units. actually i think the plus minus is actually better now that dmx is back in the new maps.

crackt out,.

if you press options 6-0-5. on the fourth line there is something like Fe98 # and then 4 numbers. the 4 numbers will be 1000 if your running on the 4096 emm (1000 is hex for 4096), 0000 after youve done an auth reset and 1040 (hex for 4160) after converting to the new emm.

you may also be able to find your emm provider on the system status screen. my 905 shows it there on line R. or S. options 6-7-7-8-1 will also show you the emm provider.

crackt out,.

Sorry, I was writing out the same when you posted this, just now saw your post.
I'm a slow typist.. :)

Forgive me but I am not quite understanding this post.
1) Did your receiver get all the channels (ie.. options-6-5 channel count 4782)?
2) Did you get X4-216?
(if not then did you try CF-107?)
If #1 is yes then so is #2.
3) did W5 ever show up in your receiver? (you may have to do an options-6-4-4 to see if it is there.)

Stargaze,

Question#
1. No....4562
2 No... starts at 252
CF no lock on channel 107. First lock is on channel 120.
3 W5 didn't show up.

Have music on channels 825-829. Do have DCII lock on most the Digital channels say from 120-369. What is happening in my receiver is not like anything others have reported. Numbers are all out of sink with everyone else.

My EMM Provider shows 4160. My rehits started at 0 and about an hour ago showed 7 hits. CF doesn't work and X4 seems to be only partially working. Music only.

What do you think about that?

Slow down ....
First: forget what you see on diagnostic screen G for the channel count. That means nothing!

Now I do not know what receiver you have.
Too many posts from all over and if people do not put that in with any questions then you could be going on a wild goose chase until you let people know which receiver you are trying to get results with.

On a 922 to see if you have the correct EMM number:
Press 'Options' 6-7-7-8-1
The 922 will show what the EMM number is on this screen.
your looking for it to be '4160'
If it is anything different then you have not properly changed your EMM number over.
I do know I had to do the work-around process twice to get the numbers on diagnostic screen A to revert to all 0's.
Those numbers were on Diag screen A 4th line from the top center of the gray box. Showed FED4 1 1000
Doing the workaround process properly all of these numbers/figures will turn to all 0's (useful if your using a 920 receiver)
After a successful workaround those figures/numbers on diag screen A should read like this: FED4 0 1040.
If this is what is showing on diagnostic screen A then you have completed the process to the new EMM number.

For now forget about what everyone else is saying and just try to get to this point.
If your not on the right EMM then re-do the work-around process outlined by Tvropro.
Once you get the new EMM number then see if you can sub to some channel on X4.

Thank you to all contributing. Will be working on this daytime on Monday. Encouraging, actually; to hear that for someone it took two tries to clear the old stream. thanks again. Updates when I know more, hope my questions and all the contributions to this part of the thread have helped some others!

Radio,
Hope you find something good to report.

Stargaze,

I forgot to tell you this. When I unplugged the 922, it warmed up then turned on and still had 4160 EMM.

Never had 4096 after first attempt to follow steps.

Stoker

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts