Dark Star on MonstersHD 2/16 05:30 E

ChrisDuncan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Wow! Has Dark Star ever been shown on MonstersHD before? I was checking the listings and it's showing tomorrow (Thursday 2/16) morning at 6:30 C. I'm actually going to set my alarm to get up and watch it.

I've been a big fan of this film, and have the DVD. I'm wondering how much better the HD version is going to look.

For those who don't know, it's John Carpenter's first film. It's low budget sci-fi but really innovate in my opinion. Can't wait to see it!

I watch about 15 minutest before leaving this am. It was 1:33:1 (OAR). I did not pay too much attention since I was in hurry to get out of the house.

IMDB lists it as 1:85:1 (OAR). Well, anyone has a DVD copy and let us know what is the correct OAR?

The DVD is 1.85:1, but that's not necessarily its OAR since Dark Star was filmed on 16mm I believe. From what I've read it was shown full frame sometimes and other times matted widescreen. It's kind of like Evil Dead, where it started out as a student film. With Dark Star part of the film is the original student film and part of it was filmed later for theatrical release. So Voom's unmatted version is really an okay way to show it.

Damn, I sound like a nerd....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts