darn gobal warming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Global warming??? pffttt...snowed here 2 yrs in a row. Last time was a little on new years about 8 yrs ago and time before that was back in the 80's.

Funny as hell... it was ice and sleet around 8pm. I heard a bunch of kids at 11pm..went outside and saw the snow and every kid in the neighborhood was out building snowmen.

We (Phottoette and I) moved here to Northwestern Arizona in July of '07 thinking the warmth was wonderful. Well, let's see, snow that Thanksgiving, and again in '08 and it's looking REAL hard at snowing now outside. Windy, rain in bucketfulls and temp lowering from the 32 F this morning when I got up.

That first year I was not home, I was in Laughlin working, but when I got home, she met me at the door, smiling and telling me about all the snow we'd had that afternoon. She even got out her video and recorded the whole thing.

I sat down figuring a few scattered flakes, right? WRONG ! The snow was so thick and looked like chicken feathers it was so hugh, and that went on for about half an hour.

During the second viewing, she noticed I was sitting with a cup of coffee, and letting the dog lay on my lap as I watched. She said something about this was the second time I'd watched this footage, I looked at her and smiled, faced back to the TV and asked "What time does the game start, or is it on a weather hold?"

Photto

Global warming? We're in the deep freeze here for a few days. It's suppose to be 5 degrees for tomorrows high with sub-zero for tomorrow nights low. We're getting a lot more snow than last year, also. It's about 4 degrees here right now. Colder than last year.

Global Warming??? The Medieval Warm Period was about 4 degrees warmer than it is now. Do you suppose all those knights were driving around in tanks and sports cars; using coal fired power plants to power their castles?

How about those dinosaurs? The Cretaceous period was about 8 to 10 degrees warmer than today?

On the other hand, the Little Ice Age which we are just coming out of was about 4 degrees cooler than today.

Of course Climate Change exists. It was changing long before there were people on the earth.

In light of the EPA's recent classification of carbon dioxide as a dangerous substance, and the likely upcoming announcement at Copenhagen, of the USA's pledge to decrease our levels of same by 17%.................................

I hereby announce my intention of attempting not to exhale on every 6th breath. :shh

In light of the EPA's recent classification of carbon dioxide as a dangerous substance, and the likely upcoming announcement at Copenhagen, of the USA's pledge to decrease our levels of same by 17%.................................

I hereby announce my intention of attempting not to exhale on every 6th breath. :shh

I too, have decided to be resolute and help the growing dilemna of greenhouse gases. I therefore will not expel any flatulence in order to save the Earth! :clap

Ok, well, at least to save those who are near to me! :D

RADAR

Here is a simple quotation. "Without life or lifeforms, there could be no coal, oil or gas."

3.5 billion years ago, there was no free oxygen on earth, and yet life developed. Microbial life developed and separated elements and freed oxygen into the atmosphere. Oxygen was deadly poisonous to the lifeforms of the time, but these lifeforms kept creating it. Just as we generate CO2.

Today, we live because those lifeforms released this Oxygen. Now, today, we release Carbon Dioxide (poisonous to us) while consuming Oxygen.

Welcome to the largest recycling center that we know...

The Planet Earth!

Everything that comes around, goes around.

Ponder the thought for a while.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)