Darn landlords

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had a similar problem when I used to live at the appartments (about 2 years ago). I had my dished outside and they asked me to get them away or I would have to pay a fine.
I go it to work from inside. The signal went thru the window just fine. I left the window closed and it even had a mesh outside.

I ended up attaching it to the inside wall :D and of course had to fix the holes when I left.

I know it isn't free, but you could probably get Sirius or XM with the antenna sitting on your window sill if you can't make the FTA setup fly.

With that old single pane glass window, you should have no problems. You "may" have to lift your screen, but the window itself shouldn't antennuate the signal much at all. Just pickup a cheap tripod antenna mount, and go for it!

I know it isn't free, but you could probably get Sirius or XM with the antenna sitting on your window sill if you can't make the FTA setup fly.

Actually I just started subscribing to sirius online, I wasn't thrilled at first but I am really getting into quite a few of the channels.
Muzak isn't in stereo for the most part anyway, I aint an audiophile but from what I have heard of it in the stores, the audio quality is between FM and AM.
This whole dish thing is just too much hassle. If I wanted more than the music I'd definately try, but I'm sorry, I just aint into the hobby that much.
Muzak is leaving dish in 2010 anyway, and the effects of the DMX meger may happen sooner.
I love FM1 but if I listen too much I might get sick of it. Thats what happened when I had an SCA reciever and listened to it. 1st 6months I listened alot, then I hardly used it. The dish would prob be the same thing. Muzak I guess is one of those things listened to in moderation!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts