DC2 Channel hunting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I have been looking for some DC2 channels that are open. I have a digitrans 7100 and was wondering how people search and what are good birds to search on for these. Do you have to flip through every channel on every satellite? Do any of these dc2 receivers have any scan functions? Also are there any HD channels in this format that would require an HD module? I haven't found anything yet besides a couple of Analogs and the Ku channels on the anik bird. It seems like a lot of this technology is close to extinct. ( I was under the impression that it was 10 years ago) but I would like to enjoy and use this equipment while I still can. Unfortunately I came into the C-Band realm a little late but for the little money I have spent on equipment it is worth it if I can only get 1 or 2 DC2 channels.

I would check Lyngsat and kinda go from there. There are some in the clear DC2 stuff out there on C-Band

91W
103W
105W
121W
131W
133W

They all are DIgicipher 2 and shown as faded yellow on there

It seems like a lot of this technology is close to extinct.
When companies found out that DVB-S2 was easier to work with and probably less expensive (and new) they went with that instead of outdated DC2

I would check Lyngsat and kinda go from there. There are some in the clear DC2 stuff out there on C-Band

91W
103W
105W
121W
131W
133W

They all are DIgicipher 2 and shown as faded yellow on there

When companies found out that DVB-S2 was easier to work with and probably less expensive (and new) they went with that instead of outdated DC2

DCII is still used for a little over half of the SD channels on any cable or pizza dish system. Most are unfortunately encrypted as you already know. There are a good amount of HD channels available on cable and pizza dish systems that still use DCII split and combined mode. HBO, Starz, and a few other boardcasters use DVB-S2 modulated DCII for MPEG4 SD and HD services.

It seems like a lot of this technology is close to extinct.

yep, we are losing legacy Digicipher 2 signals every month (about a signal a month that goes away or converts to DVB-S or DVB-S2 technology).

I use my old 905 mapping to go through the digicipher 2 channels quickly for checking to see if a channel I like is in a temporary unscrambled situation or to watch video from a known unscrambled digicipher 2 channel.

I finally pulled mine (GI922) out of service to change the battery. I have so much programming free on C Band, I can't watch any more... I use a V(X)Box to move the dish now...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts