Deal with NPS to "save" distants on DISH!

I understand that Dish will be holding a special "All Hands" meeting at 10am. I am trying to get info from that all hands meeting.

Stay tuned.

Dish leases transponders to many companies.And all Transponders are licensed by the FCC.

They are just throwing stuff out there hoping one of the arguments sticks. :)

Some of us have repeated it several times, but it is worth saying again. Don't ever underestimate Charlie. It appears he now has two possible ways to keep distants at least for those who really need them, and maybe for others. By his statements on the DVR issue I believe he has something planned for that also.

I haven't really been following the the whole DNS on E* thing but how does this change anything. NPS still has to qualify the people for DNS right. Is E* not allowed to do that anymore? Did they have to stop DNS even to those who actually are allowed to receive them?

I understand that Dish will be holding a special "All Hands" meeting at 10am. I am trying to get info from that all hands meeting.

Stay tuned.

This is where I come for breaking news. Very interested to see what comes of this meeting. For the record I still have all my distants.

I was hoping a friend of mine would be able to feed me the meeting via Slingbox, but alas, I will need to settle with a speakerphone near his TV.

That will work I guess. :)

Charlie opens the meeting thanking everyone for getting their on time because of all the ice and snow.

Charlie is now talking about the "Death Penelty" they were served, and how they were denied even though they had a settlement with broadcasters.

Charlie is telling what they can do for those losing locals.

1) Get their locals from Dish

2) Get an OTA Antenna

or
3) "Another Company not affiliated with Dish Network CAN provide Distant Networks"

They are calling NPS "All American Direct" and will be offering Atlanta or San Francisco

Charlie says "This is Echostar and we like to win" :)

Dish is holding a special promo for employees to help them hit the 13 million subscriber mark by December 31st.

What an incredibly clever way to do it. NPS does not have to qualify customers for its distant networks...How perfect would it be if everybody could get distant networks now, regardless of locale??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts