Deal with NPS to "save" distants on DISH!

http://www.callnps.com/

I do see a few assorted locals offered - Denver, two NY, one PA.

Scott thanks for keeping us right up to date. Let the speculation begin on this! If charlie gets no monetary value at all by doing this (other than possibly keeping customers he may not have) he may be able to do this.

Last edited:
No NPS does need to qualify folks for distants, but from the sounds of it, it appears that the qualification is a little different.

I am searching for the All American Website and have a call in to their executive office so I can get this info out to you. :)

Just talked with NPS. They will be doing "qualifications" starting tomorrow. The lady I spoke with took my name and number and said she would personally call me back tomorrow. Must either do an autopay to credit card ($5.99 per month total for eastern and western network feeds) or prepay for six months. No contract required. Will see tomorrow!!

Does this mean a new dish and receiver or will these nets be integrated into our existing E* boxes ?

And if they do it the right way, we wouldn't notice any change...they could integrate it into our current receivers and everything would be normal, even for DVR...

Unfortunately for Dish Network, the way the injunction is worded would seem to make this action illegal:
ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND DECREED that, effective December 1, 2006, Defendants Echostar Communtications Corporation ... and those persons in active concert or participation with Echostar are hereby PERMANENTLY ENJOINED AND RESTRAINED [from using the license contained in Section 119, Title 17, with any network station affiliated with ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC].
This quite easily is against the terms of the injunction.

Talked with NPS and in a nice departure from what Dish was able to offer for Distant Networks to me here in Los Angeles, I'll actually be able to get all four networks from Atlanta and San Francisco (ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX). Previously I was only able to get CBS and ABC as the other two wouldn't consent to let me watch their precious New York feeds.

I'd prefer the New York feed from the east... but hey, I'll take all four from Atlanta rather than only two from New York. Beggars can't be choosers.

PS - Did anyone else get asked how they heard about the NPS service "for marketing purposes"?

I guess a lawyer could say that the injunction stated that companies in active concert with echostar meant companies at the time the injuction was issued. NPS was not active at that time with echostar. Ah, the legal chess games begins again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)