Dear Friends... (A Note about the Sling Adapter Promotion)

Hey guys, I just read in another thread that the Sling adapter for the 722 uses the TV2 output. So, if my wife is watching HGTV, and we're recording something off NatGeo, I couldn't watch live TV over the Sling adapter? Just something DVR'd? And when it is live, it's just SD?

Hey guys, I just read in another thread that the Sling adapter for the 722 uses the TV2 output. So, if my wife is watching HGTV, and we're recording something off NatGeo, I couldn't watch live TV over the Sling adapter? Just something DVR'd? And when it is live, it's just SD?

Correct. I have a Sling and I'm forced to watch whatever is being output to tv2, that could be live tv or dvr'd program. It's only SD because it uses tv2 output on my 722.

Correct. I have a Sling and I'm forced to watch whatever is being output to tv2, that could be live tv or dvr'd program. It's only SD because it uses tv2 output on my 722.

So, for clarification, TV2 output is the same as the second tuner? In my example above, if I'm at work, would I be forced to watch (1) NatGeo during the recording or a DVR'd show? Or (2) any channel, live, in SD, when tuner two is not recording? That still works for me. I watch most everything DVR'd anyway! Also, don't recall where I asked, but can the Sling adapter access the EHD?

Hmm interesting I just got this...

What about existing customers?
Existing customers may receive this offer only upon request

Restricted to Direct Sales agents only

Looks like we might have won this one. ;)

That means the customer must call Dish directly to get the deal not there local retailer or Dishstore.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

This is starting to sound a lot like the Platinum deal. In the end, existing subs in the know will get the Sling adapter. Sometimes I think this is Dish's way of making you want it even more, so when they give it to you you are really grateful and give them a big pat on the back. Don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate all the promos that Dish gives their existing subs, I just wish Dish wouldn't cause all the confusion every time.

Ghpr13:)

I don't want to start anything here Scott and forgive me if I do, but in this mornings ATM, we got a hand out regarding the Sling promotion. It didn't state the 18th as the official starting date. I asked my boss if this is in effect now or on the 18th, he said it is in effect now.

Jimmerinwi said:
I don't want to start anything here Scott and forgive me if I do, but in this mornings ATM, we got a hand out regarding the Sling promotion. It didn't state the 18th as the official starting date. I asked my boss if this is in effect now or on the 18th, he said it is in effect now.

That's incorrect. The business changes start on the 18th. And the system that handles the promotions and rebates and whatever is updated on the 18th.

Well, tomorrow is the day the promotion is supposed to start. Will be anxiously waiting to hear how Dish handles existing subs. So, please report your results when you call.