decision...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nthompson711

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
So I decided to go with a pole mount now...
I have climbed up and down my roof 20+ times now and maby this will make it easier....
If i get a new reciever what would you recommend?
I want one that is less than 100-200$
and VERY user friendly

plus I can use the other in another room at some other time
(with a dual LNB of course)

btw
would a motor make my whole situation easier?
It would be less than a reciever?

yeah but I am baffled by the traxis2500...
I wish I knew someone with one that could help me....

http://pbh-sales.com/DBS-2500.pdf

It's all there in the user manual.
Print it out if you don't have a copy.
Take a break, go sit down away from your receiver and PC, drink some coffee and read the manual cover to cover then go back to it.
You'll probably reach he moment of clarity after you've read the manual a few times.

No-one ever said that it was gonna be easy.

Edit: I'd guide you through it if I had that receiver, but I don't.

Traxis 2500

Dear 711 -- Have I missed a portion of a previous conversation?

I have the Traxis 2500 and the user menu is about as user-friendly as you can get for FTA. The picture's fine; audio leaves to desire, at least on my setup. Let us know exactly what problem you are facing, and someone will likely be able to help.

-- What satellite/channel do you want to lock onto?
-- What equipment are you using? (Dish, lnbf, receiver)
-- What problem are you having? Can you get signal quality?

Cascade's right; stick with your present equipment until you get it to work.

A first-time setup takes patience and perseverance.

Nthompson711,
I have a Traxis 2500.
It took me a while to get it working, but the main reason was due to my lack of experience with FTA.

I noticed in another post that you were looking for IA5. I believe the Traxis has this listed as Telstar 5. There are a few satellites that are not listed. Use the C-band only satellites from this list as a replacement. For Example Brasilsat B2 and B1 are C-band only satellites. Sometimes when I can't seem to find a satellite, I'll use a C-band sat and manually enter in the frequency of a known good transponder. Then I'll move the dish.

Try to find AMC4 first and see what you can find.

othea:
sat= IA5
channel=thaitv
I have a wineguard dish, acs321s lnb and traxis2500
I get signal quality (75%)but when I scan for channels it says "no channel found"

rjc3895:
I actualy dont have telstar 5 as a listed satellite on my reciever...

pleas help guys!!!

yeah there is no IA5 or telstar5 on my reciever
but i am gonna try to use that c-band sat trick
and see if that works

nthompson711 said:
yeah there is no IA5 or telstar5 on my reciever
but i am gonna try to use that c-band sat trick
and see if that works

It's Intelsat5 between Galaxy4r and Galaxy3c on the Traxis 2500, with the news software, I don't know if the older have also the sat.
Install the new Sat and by defauld the LNB Type is NORMAL Ku, LNB Low Freq 10750Mhz, your LNBF is an Standard Ku with Low 10750.

Saludos
Hiebert

Traxis 2500 Setup

Hope this helps:
My suspicion is that you are getting signal LEVEL but not signal QUALITY. The signal QUALITY means that the dish is aligned on the proper satellite. Use the signal QUALITY to align your dish -- locking on to a signal is usually a matter of moving the dish a few centimeters up/down or left/right.

Anyway, here are the steps:
1) Go to menu for Antenna Installation.
2) Choose one of the satellite numbers (1, 2, 3...) and use the Setup button to install the satellite you want, either Intelsat5, IA5, Telstar5 or T5 (or it these are missing, any Telstar or Intelsat satellite, knowing that you will have to add the transponders you need manually). Don't worry about messing things up in this part of the Setup; you can always delete any satellite you modify and start over again at any point.
3) Make sure the LNBF is Normal Ku and set at 10750 Mhz.
4) Go to the Transponder Manager and select an active 5-digit transponder (not all of the transponders will give you a signal), something in the 11,000's or 12,000's.
5) Check the signal QUALITY on any one of the active transponders. Signal LEVEL means almost nothing... Well, it means you have paid your electric bill, but that's about all.
6) If you have no quality, you must move your dish to locate the satellite. Be careful, there are other satellites very close by! Note that the satellite is often a few degrees higher or especially lower than you might think. (A very slow SWEEP of the general area will at some point show signal QUALITY). You will need about 50-70%. You may have to try a few different transponders until you lock onto the satellite.
6) Once you have the signal quality, you need to SCAN the satellite to receive programming. Everything else should be more or less intuitive from there.

If none of that works, explain what you have done in as much detail as possible, and someone will pinpoint the problem.

Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)