A Decision Has Been Made. H2H it is

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NotTy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Wa
I want to thank everybody in the Pizza Verses BUD thread. The information there has been a tremendous help & gave me a lot of useful information. Being a subscriber to the BUD since 1992 & resisting pizza for the last 15 years, and after a long struggle between deciding to stay with 1 OTA channel along with my OpenBox, or complementing what I have with pizza, cable or H2H, I've decided to convert my 922 to H2H.

Once converted though, will I be able to pick up those occasional digital channels sometimes found in the digital clear on the 4DTV?
What about any analog channels?
And I know this question has been asked already, but once converted, will I need the VC11 module anymore? If not, I should be able to remove it.shouldn't I? .

If you follow my 4 step conversion process at: 4DTV | 4DTV Online By TvroPro | The Official 4DTV Info Site | C Band Satellite Programming | 4D Map Master You will not create a brick and be able to receive all ITC. You can pull your VC-2 module it's really useless now. If you have problems converting because of a high channel count and have to do a master reset. Once Map Master is out you will get maps better than the ones in there now. We have taken bricked receivers and restored them in testing many times. Thanks to the love for C band this is possible. I'm glad you decided to stick it out. I know pizza seems like icing on the cake because of the channels they have. But pizza is not the cats meow and opens up other problems you don't have now or will have with H2H.

BTW My 922 took all of 4 minutes to convert. Very simple with my method. Welcome to the H2H family. :)

Good choice!!!! :)

Ah Crap. My channel count is 5019. It's been below the threshold the last few months.Now what?

Try the 4 step process and see if it converts. It likes below 4800 but there are exceptions. Otherwise put your dish on X4 and do a MR, after it comes back up save satellite G9 or G0 whichever shows up and tune to ch 11 or 13 and you get a DC-2 light. Let the HITS maps download.Give it 20 to 30 minutes. It will give you 21 satellites and a few other digital channels besides X4. Store in X4, You will have almost a 900 channel count. Do your options 6,7,7,8,0 call SRL and get hit to change your EMM to 4160, and subscribe. Then use the remaining satellites mapped in to store those birds. Once Map Master is out all channels & satellites and then some will be able to be restored. I guarantee it.:)

Last edited:
What are the 21 satellites? I'd hate to loose FTA. And if I did a MR, I would have to reprogram those satellites. How would you find those satellites with your your dish if there's nothing on them? I guess I could use the FTA receiver but that would take forever.

Write down the current dish position for every sat you have programmed in... before you do a MR. The new positions after MR most likely won't be the same. But, after you get one sat found & reprogrammed, you can just do the math from that location.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Don't use the channel count on the EMM page (Options 6-7-7-8-1). That is 5019 on my 922. Use the count found when you use Options 6-5. I get 4767.

Don't use the channel count on the EMM page (Options 6-7-7-8-1). That is 5019 on my 922. Use the count found when you use Options 6-5. I get 4767.
FAR OUT MAN! Thanks. I'll call SRL now.

Write down the current dish position for every sat you have programmed in... before you do a MR. The new positions after MR most likely won't be the same. But, after you get one sat found & reprogrammed, you can just do the math from that location.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Thanks for that tip. That's actually an excellent idea & am going to do that after I convert whether I have to do a MR or not.
I have 4767 now thanks toJMas493. I shoulda known better.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/member.php?u=156693

YEAH BABY! Converting to H2H was easy & painless

A decision that feels right. The whole conversion took 5 minutes & the customer service was fast & friendly.. Just like old times. Don't mean to talk down pizza but I did get a lot of double talk, confusing & conflicting answers this last week from both Direct & Dish that didn't impress me very much.

That's great man, I'm glad you got it worked out.

I know what you mean about "confusing & conflicting answers" from the pizza folks. That's why in the Pizza vs BUD thread I posted maintaining the account online as a positive (as opposed to calling in). There are some good pizza CSRs, but there's a lot of the "other" kind too.

I don't know if you went with Skyvision or SRL, but I've always had a pleasant experience when talking to both. You're right about that... talking to them is like the old days.

Cheers

4767 is the key number. If the screen where the trip counter is has more that 4800 there are some issues. Glad it worked out.

Piece of cake and no pizza double talk. H2H is great :) Programming Center is very friendly, helpful and in Green Bay Wisconsin. Your not being routed to a boiler room in India like with pizza.

PIZZA: Hello my name is Joe how can I help you? Sure the guys name is Joe, in India. LOL

Last edited:
I hope we keep the discoveries.if they could just add lifetime for my wife and spike and espn for me it would make it seem better to my wife. She wants me to get a small dish package instead

I hope we keep the discoveries.if they could just add lifetime for my wife and spike and espn for me it would make it seem better to my wife. She wants me to get a small dish package instead

I think the cheap plan called "DISH America" for $35 will fit the bill has all the channels you want. plus for the first 12 months its only $25 bucks.

Keeping the wife happy makes life so much better :)

Just don't forget about the rain fade :(

I wonder how many wives forced pizza decisions in households? :eek: Men usually like the electronic toys so the bud is usually better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts