DELAY C61K

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mpinales

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2010
Ohio
I have a HR54-200 and a C61K-700. The new firmware came in last week. When I turn on my 4K television, there is a a 7 second delay then it goes blank again for about 2 seconds when I first turn it on. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I have a HR54-200 and a C61K-700. The new firmware came in last week. When I turn on my 4K television, there is a a 7 second delay then it goes blank again for about 2 seconds when I first turn it on. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I have the same issue and was worse. My remote wasn’t even responding. It only worked for on and off. The picture was also not crisp. I finally unplugged and plugged in and about 5 mins after it finally improved.

What firmware do you have on the Genie and client?

My Client is 0xfba and the Genie is is 0xffc. This morning it took about 15 seconds to start up, the guide info then showed with the screen still black, then it all went black for a second, and then the picture came on. When I change the station there is a few second delay with the banner coming on then the picture starts. My main TV with the Client is Samsung UN55KS9000 if that has anything to do with it.

My Client is 0xfba and the Genie is is 0xffc. This morning it took about 15 seconds to start up, the guide info then showed with the screen still black, then it all went black for a second, and then the picture came on. When I change the station there is a few second delay with the banner coming on then the picture starts. My main TV with the Client is Samsung UN55KS9000 if that has anything to do with it.

I have had the same thing since day one - long before this software load - It takes that long for it to SYNC to the Server - If in the C61K you have Native (displsy -Video) set to on -it will do that when you change channels -Even with it OFF it will do it but no as long.

AS you know the Mini Has NO tuner and must connect to establish one then sync (handshake) over a MOCO Connection. Only way to have instant on is to have a receiver with a Tuner So far NONE with tuners are offered by D* that have a Direct HDMI outout of 2.0

I’ve come to the conclusion that Directv equipment is total crap. Only reason I have them is for the picture quality and that has even gone down hill, though not as bad as dish.

I will take picture quality over better equipment as long as that equipment works, every time.
That said, getting the equipment to work better, would be a priority if it were up to me.

I have 2 of these. they work fine in 2 of my rooms, but in my master bedroom, I've tried both and each have the same glitch of skipping/freezing for 1-2 seconds about every 15-20 minutes. does this mean it's likely the coaxial running to that room that is the issue? I have a H25 receiver that mainly gets used in my master bedroom. It never has problems. if the coaxial was the cause, then I would assume the H25 would also have a similar glitch.

thoughts?

I have 2 of these. they work fine in 2 of my rooms, but in my master bedroom, I've tried both and each have the same glitch of skipping/freezing for 1-2 seconds about every 15-20 minutes. does this mean it's likely the coaxial running to that room that is the issue? I have a H25 receiver that mainly gets used in my master bedroom. It never has problems. if the coaxial was the cause, then I would assume the H25 would also have a similar glitch.

thoughts?

Just asking? are you using the same "CABLES" for Connections all the time? (excluding) the RG6? Is it possible that in that room -the TV settings are Different? just some idea's throwing out there.

It could be a Lose RG6 Connection (wall Plate) or elsewhere that could only effect the mini's?

Being that every box does the same (fail) in that room - It's NOT the "box" if they work every where else.

You can test your Coax Network as well

Attachments

• Advanced Coax Networking White Paper.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 360
Just asking? are you using the same "CABLES" for Connections all the time? (excluding) the RG6? Is it possible that in that room -the TV settings are Different? just some idea's throwing out there.

It could be a Lose RG6 Connection (wall Plate) or elsewhere that could only effect the mini's?

Being that every box does the same (fail) in that room - It's NOT the "box" if they work every where else.

You can test your Coax Network as well
the same coaxial connection I use with the flawless H25 is the same one I used with the C61 in my master bedroom that had the glitches. the only thing abnormal I see is the coax coming out of the wall outlet is not flush. I can pull the cable from the wall plate. No idea if that could be the issue.

what are chances I can convince directv to come out and re-run a new coax line to my master bedroom...without too much convincing? I know if I call in, they're going to tell me to reboot the box, etc. and do the other stuff I know does not work.

the same coaxial connection I use with the flawless H25 is the same one I used with the C61 in my master bedroom that had the glitches. the only thing abnormal I see is the coax coming out of the wall outlet is not flush. I can pull the cable from the wall plate. No idea if that could be the issue.

what are chances I can convince directv to come out and re-run a new coax line to my master bedroom...without too much convincing? I know if I call in, they're going to tell me to reboot the box, etc. and do the other stuff I know does not work.

All you have to do is tell them you NEED a service call -for wiring issue

I have a tech coming next Saturday to run a new coax to my master BR. if I somehow continue to have issues with the C61 wired, would my next best option be to get a wireless mini?

:rollingeyes ... Turn "Native" OFF ... Turn "power saving" OFF ... Check BACKside of wallplate (often overlooked, even by techs) for a cheap crimped on connector.

After a "small disagreement" they are coming out tomorrow morning. I'll let you all know what happens. It's a shame that the reps who answer the phone talk before they think.

D came out today. They replaced the cables, slitter and changed the C61K box. It's still slow. It may be about a second or 2 faster, but still over 30 seconds to turn on. I think I'll program my remote to keep the mini on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)