Delivery by mail

Happy to report that for ME, the by-mail service has GREATLY improved in the last 2 weeks. The last 3 discs (I only have 1 @ a time) returned were reported as received the next day, the next disc ( a NEW release twice ) in my queue was mailed the same day.:) Hope this keeps up! Service previously was pretty poor! Hope others see improvement SOON.;)

Ed

I am also impressed. Mailed one back on Saturday, they got it and sent my next on Monday. Looks good for at least 1 disc a week. While it works out when we watch the movie on Friday, I wonder if I can get one by the weekend if I were to mail back on Monday (watched on Saturday).

The BBMP would be a much better value, especially for those who do not have a nearby store, if they would include the vending kiosks as an exchange/PU point of service.

The kiosks are owned by a different company, they just license the BB name.

Yep, NCR (National Cash Register) owns the kiosks and isn't connected to BB in any way except to license the name. Dish has actually told them to stop using the BB name, that the licensing is void since they bought BB. NCR does not agree of course. I don't where it stands right now, but it appears Dish may have backed off. Seemed unreasonable to me since NCR paid good money for the privilege well before Dish was in the picture. It would be nice if Dish bought out the kiosk business and could use those for exchange like you said.

Yes indeedy. I think people really like these DVD/BD kiosks from Coinstar (Redbox) and NCR (BB). Low prices and decent selection of newer titles. And, there's very little overhead for the operators. So, it's a win-win for consumers and owners. (The location owners make a few bucks in rent, as well, I assume.)

Dish/BB should look into purchasing the Kiosk operation from NCR, partnering with them somehow, or starting their own kiosk operation once the NCR contract expires.

Does the rental system used in stores link into the BB by Mail or Blockbuster Movie Pass (BBMP) system? Because most of the disks in my queue go to a ‘short wait’ status after they get released, for the last month, I've been averaging 2 DVD’s a week (if lucky). I usually would get one DVD from BBMP by mail and the other from an in-store exchange. I've monitored my BBMP queue on regular bases and noticed that there seems to be a delay with the notification process when you exchange a DVD in a store. Sometimes it takes a 1/2 a day for the status to be updated and show that the BBMP by mail DVD was returned to a store and a store DVD was checked out. It then takes another 1/2 day or more for the system to update when the store DVD is returned.

This week I finally received (on Tuesday) one of the 'short wait' DVD’s that was in my queue that was mailed to me last week (It was mailed Friday). We watched the DVD that night, and then on my way home from work the next day (Wednesday), I stopped by a BB store and exchanged it for one of the new releases that was in my queue. This morning (Thursday) on my way to work, I dropped off the DVD at the same store I checked it out from. I just check my BB by mail queue and it still shows that I have the DVD that was mailed to me. Not that it’s really going to matter because all of the new releases in my queue for the last three weeks are all in ‘Short Wait’ status. No surprise there.

I guess a lot depends on how close you live to the distribution center. Here in Connecticut the distribution center is in Hartford which is centrally located and pretty close to any city in Connecticut. When I mail back a movie, blockbuster gets it the next day and mails out my next movie. I receive the movie the next day. That is the same turnaround time that I got with Netflix (which I have now dropped).

For me, the Blockbuster movie pass has been a great addition to the Platinum package that I already had. I am very happy with this free perk that was added to my programming package. Thanks a lot Dish!

Same here in Western MA. The distribution center is in Worcester, and I'm getting 3 day turnaround time from movie sent back to new movie received. Same as I got with Netflix, which I'm canceling when my billing date comes up next week. It's nice to get BluRay without an upcharge as well. Although a lot of the movies in my queue have a short or long wait listed, they still seem to ship out.

With one exception, all my discs have been 4 days each way but half the discs in my queue have been short wait, very long wait, or unavailable for weeks. I was going to cancel Netflix dvd but at the rate bbmp goes I'll get new releases faster from Netflix.

I live in Greater Nashville, my movie return address is in Louisville,KY. Yet it takes 2 days to get there and another 2 to get another movie. With weekend and all I'm looking at getting about 4-5 movies Max a month. So far out the the 3 i have had the second movie kept pausing and skipping. Sent it back a waited for a replacement. The 3rd movie received on Thursaday. But didn't get home till midnight on Thursday so was about to watch last night and could feel the disk was cracked. So I mailed it back today, now won't get a replacement till Tuesday or Wednesday.
Some of the movies added to queue show unavailable.
Tried watching a stream yesterday night and I kept blinking black every so often.
So far nova good experience.
I think the only movies readily available to mail are older movies.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So far no problems with delivery and store exchange, I got some new releases and they were fine. It's been a while since I've used Netflix, but I know I had issues with cracked and scratched DVDs with them and I'm sure I will with Blockbuster at some point.

So far, the mailing process for BBMP is taking two business days longer than my experience with Netflix. With BBMP, I've mailed out a disc on Monday and have gotten the next one on Friday. With Netflix the same disc would have gone out Monday with the next one coming on Wednesday. Both BB and Netflix distribution centers are in Rochester.

I have been with BB mail order before BBMP. Just linked my account. My experience is if I ship the disc to them monday, I get an email that they shipped on Tuesday. Actual arrival from them varies. I usually will have the disc again by wednesday, but I assume it depends where they ship from that it can be Thursday or friday even that I get it, but usually it is wednesday.

I have been happy with them till now. I get annoyed at times by some of the availability, but there is no up charge for bluray like netflix, so I will live with it.

I don't know what's going on. The first disc came in about 3 - 4 days. I just checked and they received my last return on Nov 1st. The next one is still "processing". :confused: I would think that I would get at least something.

Titles Returned

Title

Titles In My Queue (11)

Order
Title
Rating
Format
Categories
Availability
Delete​

I think it all depends on the shipping center. I usually have 2 day turn around for the newer more common stuff. If it is a game or something older, it is longer.

So I sent an email to ask why I didn't have a new title since the one I returned on November 1st. Here is the response: ( I guess they didn't notice that I have 11 titles in my queue )

Thank you for contacting Blockbuster Customer Care

I understand that you already returned and still waiting for the next title.

I've reviewed your account and see that you're waiting for a title to be shipped. Since you have fewer than 10 "Available" titles in queue, we may wait an extra day or two to ensure we're always shipping the titles you want most.

We work to send out the next titles in your queue within 1 to 2 days of our receipt of your return or report. Our shipping days are Monday through Friday. If an item is checked in on a weekend (including Friday) the next expected business day for a new shipment would fall on the following Tuesday with limited shipments on Monday.

To ensure consistency in shipping, we recommend keeping 10 or more available titles in your Queue. You can also set your preferences for shipments based on Speed vs. Queue Order. Go to My Account; go to Settings, select change from the Queue Preference Settings, and select Speed or Order.

Should you have other questions, please let me know.

Archie
Blockbuster Customer Care

Follow us on Twitter for news, special deals and info on upcoming releases. Bock Buster (@bockbuster) on Twitter

Customer By Web Form (xxxxxx) - 11/09/2011 06:27 PM
It looks like you recieved the previous title back from me on 11/1/11. It has been 8 days, any idea when I will get the next one

So I sent an email to ask why I didn't have a new title since the one I returned on November 1st. Here is the response: ( I guess they didn't notice that I have 11 titles in my queue )

You don't have 10 titles listed as "Available" based on the post you made. Almost all show a wait of some sort, or are not yet available. You have not given them anything to send you that is "Available" now. Their email to you makes perfect sense. You need to add more, a LOT more, to your queue and your shipping will be consistent assuming you have titles "Available" in the queue. I have three out at a time and something always ships immediately once a return is made. Surely there are more than 11 titles of games/movies you'd like to get at some point, so add them and get something shipped. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts