Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Anyone got one?

Just ordered on on sale on amazon to be delivered tomorrow. Impressive device for the price, and runs full windows 8.1 with office built in.

Yup I got it for a week. Love it. I have been showing it off to everyone. Oh your tablet don't have flash? I do. Yours can't play Shockwave files? I could. Why do you have so many ads on your browser? Oh you can't install AdBlockPlus extension can't you because you are on a mobile browser! ;)

Just got mine and am setting it up.

Recalling your comment in the other thread about the keyboard, I was expecting something different (not sure why), but this is the same as the win 8 keyboard and similar to the wp8 keyboard, which I love. Wont be a problem, for me at least.

I must say, this is what I have personally been looking for in a tablet. Love the size, the speed is great, very smooth, and a real pc experience if you want, with the portability of a tablet. Windows 8.1 really shines in touch devices and perhaps even more so at this size.

I do wish it had a hdmi out but miracast works ok, and I have a more powerful laptop with one if I need it.

So first impression has me impressed. Hard to beat the capability, especially at this price point.

I think I seen a Netgear product that can allow you to use miracast on a tv that does not support it but rating is only 3 out of 5 stars. I wonder if there are any other products that can do the same thing and if there is anything that you can attach to incompatible tablets/laptops that will make them compatible?

I seen the benchmark for that particular processor and it is only around 1,000 for that quad core processor (atom) compared to others I have seen which are much higher. Do these not need to be as powerful as laptops/desktops due to smaller screen size or is there a big difference in performance compared to the laptop/desktop? I looked up some specs on the windows 8 tablets earlier this year and saw some specs as high as 6,000 and higher on some of the CPU benchmarks some having i5 or i7 but priced a bit higher.

I think I seen a Netgear product that can allow you to use miracast on a tv that does not support it but rating is only 3 out of 5 stars. I wonder if there are any other products that can do the same thing and if there is anything that you can attach to incompatible tablets/laptops that will make them compatible?

I seen the benchmark for that particular processor and it is only around 1,000 for that quad core processor (atom) compared to others I have seen which are much higher. Do these not need to be as powerful as laptops/desktops due to smaller screen size or is there a big difference in performance compared to the laptop/desktop? I looked up some specs on the windows 8 tablets earlier this year and saw some specs as high as 6,000 and higher on some of the CPU benchmarks some having i5 or i7 but priced a bit higher.

Yes I think it is the Netgear PTV3000. Forum said it works with the DV8P, but I really don't want to spent $60 on it when Chromecast tab casting works for my purposes. Mirroring the chrome tab is just as good for me for video streaming.

The benchmark for the bay trail atom cpu is not really that high, but I believe the reason that this device is well received is the improvement in GPU. I think people said it is comparable with the HD4000 graphics. The tablet is very smooth running everything so far. I have 6 laptops in the house and they ranges from sandybridge to ivybridge, i3 to i7. Some even has discrete graphic cards. But only 2 of them could cast chrome tab 720p without lag and both were over $1500. This tablet could do the same and cheaper than my cheapest laptop in the house.

BTW, I installed this program on my DV8P. It is really good for clicking or dragging super tiny items on the tablet. I set it as float and have the icon my taskbar. I only uses it if I need to click the tiny "x" at the corner of tab or one of those tiny radio buttons right next to each others.. 1 - 10 click one....

http://www.lovesummertrue.com/touchmousepointer/en-us/

I generally dont put a ton of stock in benchmark numbers for the average user. I have a laptop with an ivybridge core i7, 8 gb of ram and a ssd, and honestly, the DVP8 is as smooth and slick in basic operation as it is. So the general performance is there and on par with higher end stuff.

Now I am sure if you throw alot at it, the same wont hold true in comparison, which is where I think your benchmark differences will show as true. For what this is though, I am not sure that it matters. You "can" do most of what you can do on a more powerful laptop, but that doesnt mean most will or what it is actually meant for.

Haven't much put this down today, and yes its early, but its easily if not the best, the most useful tablet I've owned. iPad and android included.

There are some small issues but this thing rocks. Haven't turned on my laptop since I got this, its touch capable as well.

I just bought Dell Venue 8 Android and now i am getting jealous. Should have spent the extra money for the Pro...but it was my first tablet and android device. Wanted to see what all it could do.

I just bought Dell Venue 8 Android and now i am getting jealous. Should have spent the extra money for the Pro...but it was my first tablet and android device. Wanted to see what all it could do.

Android is a good OS, and you will probably be happy with it. I was with my Nexus, and still am with my Note 3. In fact the Note 3 is one reason I decided to get rid of my nexus and move my tablet needs to a windows tablet. Its large enough that anything I would want to use android for it can do, and when I want windows in a portable form factor, the Venue Pro fits the bill.

Forgot to check early, but looking now I see no button to add to cart. Tried through Chrome and IE.

The message on the site was that the deal would become available at 7 AM PST. My son dutifully tried to snag one. Website swamped at 7 and the webserver crashed and started returning core dumps at 7:00:10. He kept plugging and got one at 7:22 for $199 once the servers came back up.

Well the smartglass app with this makes me like my Xbox one all the more. much better than the one on my android phone.

The message on the site was that the deal would become available at 7 AM PST. My son dutifully tried to snag one. Website swamped at 7 and the webserver crashed and started returning core dumps at 7:00:10. He kept plugging and got one at 7:22 for $199 once the servers came back up.

And actually he didn't. He received an e-mail telling him that the acknowledgment was not connected to their commerce site and that unless he received a confirmation e-mail "no Dell for you". Supposedly, they came back online 2 hours later and sold out, but by then he had given up.

And actually he didn't. He received an e-mail telling him that the acknowledgment was not connected to their commerce site and that unless he received a confirmation e-mail "no Dell for you". Supposedly, they came back online 2 hours later and sold out, but by then he had given up.

I think microsoft scammed everybody. I don't know of anyone who got one for $99.

I ordered 2 for $234 each from Amazon last week. One for my dad and one for me. His was delivered Tuesday, mine came today. I got it set up and will start adding some apps and trying things out tonight. Like it so far. May order the stylus, makes it easier with my big hands, wish the stylus for Note 2 would work with it.

I ordered a stylus and cover two weeks ago. Still haven't received them.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I was very close to getting a venue 8" android.Ultimately I ended up going with the galaxy tab 3 8" The 8" screens just seem to be the right fit for me.Tried an ipad for a hour or two and just don't like ios.

Keep us posted on the windows 8 versions.I was very skeptical about them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts