Deluxe Music

Status
Please reply by conversation.
With the loss of "The Tube" from FTA, I sure am looking forward to the return of Deluxe Music.

jollyrgr said:
I sent The Tube an e-mail on Oct 5th. Thus far no response.

**sigh**

People....remember....this is not normally for our eyes. So sending a dletter actually hurts our chance of getting it back!

If something leaves, dont send e-mails, letters, telephone calls, etc.

Iceberg said:
**sigh**

People....remember....this is not normally for our eyes. So sending a dletter actually hurts our chance of getting it back!

If something leaves, dont send e-mails, letters, telephone calls, etc.

That's so true. For the most part, these companies are only concerned with the bottom line. Perhaps there should be a separate post to restate what you stated above so all eyes can see it, and not just "possibly" see it if they happen to read through this thread?

OOPS! My bad. I'd of thought they would want as many views as possible. So all the stations on sites like Lyngsat, even though there are links to the station, should not be contacted. While I don't think I mentioned I was watching them off statellite, I did ask why the logo changed. I can't get a lock on The Tube on G10R. But other TP are in fine. Are they RetroJams still or are they back to being The Tube.

As far as other stations; did Deluxe Music want American viewers to watch? It seemed the start of this thread implied such.

My guess is that unless I see the satellite info posted, keep quiet about how I watch them.

RetroJams is different than the Tube...RetroJams seems to be an Equity entity :)

DeluxeMusic was intended to have a US audience...but dont know where they went

Iceberg said:
DeluxeMusic was intended to have a US audience...but dont know where they went

I don't have any information either, but my speculation is that they have probably reconsidered the FTA path and are currently trying to negotiate to be carried by DBS and cable providers instead (like The Tube). Unfortunately that would be another blow to FTA in North America and another acknowledgement that it is practically non-existent compared to Europe and even businesses with good intentions see no future for it. Let's face it, there are tens even hundreds of channels in Europe (government sponsored or private) that are FTA on satellite because they have target audience that is equipped with FTA receivers. What we see in North America FTA is either religious programming (usually they have sponsors with large pockets and low viewer base expectations) or uplinks for cable companies, that happen to be free just because for one reason or another they don't care to scramble them. There are only a few exceptions, like GolTV, who offer some popular content and have gone to great lengths to target the minute North American FTA satellite audience.

DeluxeMusic is not big loss and i have little impression nothing ever occured at uplink in Paris it was just excuse that sounded good notice that no one from DM as bother give us explantion not that they owes one but i could accept they changed their minds i would just the be told thruth.
FTA does have future it's just unlike in Europe most broadcaster have not gotten clue yet that can work to their benefit.

Tony :)

Deluxe music .. lol - "what's that?" - by now i kinda forgot it ever existed on FTA :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)