Destiny (XBone, PS4)

In news that should surprise NO ONE, you won't be able to carry your Destiny Beta characters over to the full game.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136755-Destiny-Beta-Characters-Progress-Wiped

Right, I never invest too much time in betas because you almost always start from scratch once the retail version of the game comes out. I usually just play them long enough to decide if I want to play the full game or not. Even, if that wasn't the case I like new games to feel fresh when I start them. I don't want to replay 3 hours of something I already played in the beta.

Just another reason that I will not purchase this game.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Big display in Time Square..

f7rEajw.jpg

So those of you that played the beta. how good is the game?

It's hard to gauge how good the game is based off the beta much like how you can't tell how good a show is based on 1 or 2 episodes. Nothing I saw made me say "Christ, this game looks awful!" but conversely nothing made me say "Christ, this game looks awesome!" At times it feels like a Halo map pack. I mean the shotgun is almost copy/pasted from the Halo series, and the steady 30 FPS movement makes it feel, if nothing else, very familiar to those games. There was little to no story in the beta, and the missions are broken apart a'la Borderlands where you have a hub and then go out on missions. I wasn't able to delve into the competitive multiplayer much because the beta pulled that BS move where you have to get so many experience points before you can play the other modes. I was stuck playing "Control point" and got annoyed by the fact that everyone had better weapons than me and my team did about as well as the Broncos did in the last Super Bowl.

Based off what I've played I don't see this game setting the world on fire like Halo did back in the day, but that's just my opinion. It's in my Gamefly queue so I'm still interested in it (although part of it being there is the fact there's not much better out around that time, and Hyrule Warriors is coming out 9/26.)

As I said in my post on the beta, that was enough for me. I thought it sucked and will not be playing it (and I played all the way through the beta to give it a fair shot).

Everything I've seen so far makes me want to get it in the first wave of Gamefly rentals. I just have to hurry up and finish Wolfenstein first. I like Halo and I like Borderlands. From what I have seen this looks like a mash-up of those two franchises so I will probably like it. That being said, I didn't play the beta so I don't have any first hand experience.

Just received confirmation from Gamefly that Destiny is on it's way. Hopefully it will be here Thursday but my experience with Gamefly shipping times says Friday or Saturday is more likely.

Just received confirmation from Gamefly that Destiny is on it's way. Hopefully it will be here Thursday but my experience with Gamefly shipping times says Friday or Saturday is more likely.
Look at it this way: You should hopefully bypass some of the bigger bugs and connection issues.

Look at it this way: You should hopefully bypass some of the bigger bugs and connection issues.

True. Server issues are almost guaranteed once everyone floods in at once on launch day. Hopefully that will be cleaned up by this weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts