Destiny (XBone, PS4)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Here's a comparison of Tyrion Lannister and Nathan Drake doing the voice of Ghost in Destiny

Eh.... It's different but I'm not sure it's really better. Then again, I have heard Dinklage say the lines so many times that North's version sounds weird to me. People may not know this but Dinklage is not the only TV/Film actor in this game. He just has by far the most lines.

Here are some of the other voice actors in this game. Just thought this was interesting since much of this talent seems to be wasted. You can see where a big chunk of the game's budget went.

MV5BMjI0NzYwMDAxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzg2ODg2MjE@._V1_UY317_CR17,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Bill Nighy (Shaun of the Dead, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean)

MV5BMjA1MDg0MzgxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzM5NDg1MzE@._V1_UY317_CR18,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Lauren Cohan (The Walking Dead)

MV5BNzcwNTc5OTAxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODIyNTI4Nw@@._V1_UY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Gina Torres (Hanibal, Matrix franchise, Suits)

MV5BMTY0MDkyMjk5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDUxMzc0Mw@@._V1_UY317_CR9,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Lance Reddick (Fringe, The Wire, tons of movies)

MV5BMzIzNzEzNjU1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjUwNjAzMDE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Castle)

MV5BMjE0MzQ1MDEyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjcwMDIyOQ@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Lennie James (Jerricho, The Walking Dead, Snatch)

MV5BOTUyMDQ0MTEyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDYxMDkz._V1_UY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Peter Stormare (Fargo, The Big Lebowski)

MV5BMTQ2ODE1MjQ0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzg0NzYyNTE@._V1_UY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

James Remar (Dexter)

MV5BNjU2MDM2NTMxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzg3NTI3Mg@@._V1_UY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Erick Avari (Lots of movies)

MV5BMTk3ODA3OTE2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTc1MzQzMTE@._V1_UY317_CR131,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

John DiMaggio (Futurama)

If you go the Destiny website and enter your Xbox Gamertag or PSN name they will make a hype trailer for The Taken King featuring your name and some of the stats that differentiate you from other players. I thought it was a pretty clever marketing idea that I haven't seen before. It's clearly working too.

My Facebook wall had 3 people who posted their video this morning and I had no idea they were even gamers. My Twitter feed, admittedly full of games press and developers, is full of it too. They found a way to make a trailer that people are happy to share with their friends.

Here's mine.

Direct Link for the lazy because as of now this isn't displayed very prominently on their website.

https://www.destinythegame.com/legend-of-you/

BTW this site is BS. I can't believe they didn't list any of the great achievements of mine during the Alpha AND the Beta...

Yeah, I meant to put the link in my post but I forgot to paste it in. I was going back to edit it when you posted. From what I saw when I was making mine it looked like you had to have a character to at least level 20 to be able to do this.

It would be funny to see the stats for people who only played the beta or made it to around level 9 before quitting though."You are in the top 99% of kills in the crucible."

Some of my stats are not so impressive. The first one they chose to show was the number of times I have killed the raid boss, Atheon, even though I've only killed him once. Other videos I watched didn't choose to show this stat so I'm not sure why they picked it for me when the number is so low.

My kills with the Thorn exotic weapon wasn't a particularly impressive one to show either.

I was surprised how high some of my stats where though since I've never actually seen them before. Apparently my kill/death ratio against the Cabal is in the top 2%, my kill/death ratio against the Hive is in the top 5%, and my total kills in The Crucible (PvP multiplayer) is in the top 9%. I would have never guessed any of those numbers where that high.

Apparently The Taken King was downloaded on day one more times than any Playstation game ever. Taken King launch day also set Destiny's personal records for both total players in one day and most concurrent players.

Looks like the hype hasn't died down at all. I'm sure there aren't many games that set their highest player records a year after release even if they do launch a big DLC package.

http://www.push-start.co.uk/all/pla...ny-the-taken-king-sets-day-one-sales-records/

There are actually a few of these that are pretty good. This one is from back in May by the same people.

No thanks. I've got 153 hours into Destiny now and I have zero interest in paying real money for new dance emotes. In fact, I think Destiny is finally starting to lose the iron grip it has had on my free time for the last few months. For the last couple weeks I have only been checking in on the weekend to see what exotic Xur is selling that week.

It's not that the game has done anything to turn me off. It's actually much better since the upgrade to Destiny 2.0 that came with The Taken King and I was even hooked enough to put over 100 hours in before the update. It's just that I've basically seen everything there is to see in the game. The urge to continue the loot grind is strong but I can only play modified versions of the same content so many times.

I think once I finish the new King's Fall raid I'll probably be pretty much done playing Destiny at least until the next expansion comes out. Last week I reached a high enough light level to attempt it. Now it's just a matter of coordinating with 5 other people from the group website I use and getting it done.

I'm kind of waiting until there are more experts in this raid before I attempt it though. Just like the other raids, it was taking people 12+ hours to finish when it first launched. I checked in on Giant Bomb's stream a couple times where they had a few people who had done it before in the group who could explain how everything worked and it still took them 7.5 hours. Maybe if I was playing with a group of friends that would be cool but I don't want to make that kind of time commitment with strangers from a grouping website.

Things will improve as people come up with better strategies though. The first raid took people just as long in the beginning. When I did it with 2 other people who had never done it before and 3 experts we finished it in less than an hour.

The Iron Banner Crucible event started today and runs until the weekly reset next Tuesday. Looks like I lied.... I'll be playing a ton of Destiny PvP for the next week.

The Iron Banner has exclusive loot that you can't get anywhere else in the game and this is the first time it's been back since The Taken King. There is just too much new loot no one has yet for me to pass on it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11...ont page)&utm_content=7&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Destiny has 25 million registered users. That's up 5 million from before The Taken King was released. For as much as everyone loved to bash Destiny when it launched last year there is no doubt that it's a juggernaut. There aren't many games that continue to grow like it has a year after release.

That being said, I had some good times with Destiny but I think I'm pretty much done with it. Maybe another expansion will rope me back in but I haven't touched it for a couple weeks now after going back to it nearly every day for a few months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)