Detroit Tigers 2008

Where ?

Where are the Tigers fans watching tonights game at (channel)
The Red Wings are on FSN D at 9:00pm.
I would have expected the Tigers to be on FSN+ tonight like they have been, but they are not.

They are on STO in HD, but where's the Tiger broadcast ?
It was mentioned last night that the game would NOT be on DISH, no channels available they said, but there was no word about D*.

Jimbo

Yea I was told FSN alt tonight as well, and Im getting nothing, this is BS.

Watching it on the Mix channel but this is ridiculous!!!!!!!

Yea I was told FSN alt tonight as well, and Im getting nothing, this is BS.

Watching it on the Mix channel but this is ridiculous!!!!!!!

I don't know where you are, but I am enjoying the game on the Indians network STO 657-1 , I also found it on MSN2 channel 672 and that IS the Tigers broadcast.

I'm watching the HD on 657-1

Jimbo

Last edited:
ugh........

I am tired, hungover and now depressed after reflecting on last night's Tribe beat-down. :( What the F is CC's issue this year? Is the looming contract really that big of a distraction on his mind?

Interesting stat from ESPN....

Since the Cy Young Award started being handed out after the 1956 season, no pitcher has ever allowed 9-plus earned runs in consecutive starts the season after winning the award. Sabathia has done just that, allowing nine runs in 3 1/3 innings against Oakland on Friday and nine more runs Wednesday night against the Tigers.

In four starts this season, Sabathia has walked 14 and allowed 32 hits in 18 innings pitched. Keep in mind, he walked only 37 total batters in an MLB-leading 241 innings last season. In his last two starts alone, Sabathia has allowed 20 hits and 18 runs. He even allowed a grand slam on Wednesday for the first time in his career.

I still consider CC and Fausto the best 1-2 punch in all of baseball. I just hope CC gets out of this slump soon.

Verlander vs. Carmona should be a good game tonight. Forecast in Cleveland is 73°F and sunny!

Round #1 goes to Detroit. HD, if Sabathia doesn't straighten out, you can kiss any hopes of repeating goodbye. I told you earlier that pitching can come and go any season.

Round #1 goes to Detroit. HD, if Sabathia doesn't straighten out, you can kiss any hopes of repeating goodbye. I told you earlier that pitching can come and go any season.

There are 2 rounds in this current bout Paul. Fausto needs to come out strong tonight for this to be a technical draw. Our bullpen could use a good rest.

As for repeating, the Indians will live and die with their starting pitching. Our offense hasn't shown yet that they're capable of making up for any prolonged pitching slump either. Hopefully the Indians are just going through a similar skid that the Tigers went through (and are apparently out of now) at the start of the season.

Verlander goes tonight, looking for his first win.

He went into the 8th the last time out , only to have the bullpen blow it for him.

In other info, Fernando Rodney's report came back today and there was NO strutural damage to his arm .... wondering ..... did they check his head ?

No recient word on Zoom Zoom, Zumaya ...

Jimbo

I wonder if Verlander will stink his entire career against Cleveland, for some reason he cannot pitch against them.
I don't remember what they said his record was, but it was dreadful, hopefully that will change sometime soon.

Jimbo

Woah! What a difference a day makes! 11-1 Tribe! oh Yeah!!! :D

A few game day notes:

This type of game was exactly what the Indians needed. Until last night, we've lost 6 of our last 7.

Looks like our future ACE (Fausto Carmona) had his wicked, one of a kind 95+mph sinking fastball working last night. It's amazing how many ground balls and broken bats that pitch produces.

Before the game, manager Eric Wedge called for a closed door meeting with the players. I guess that meeting lit a fire under the Tribe players. It showed by their efforts last night.

Great throw by Jason Michaels from left field to throw out Sheff at home! At the time, the Tribe lead was narrow and Detroit seemed to be rallying with 2 outs. That throw got us out of the inning unscathed.

I like that home plate umpire didn't overreact when Carmona got back at Detroit and Verlander for intentionally throwing at the back of Jason Michaels. Carmona, in what appeared to be a retaliation, threw at Sheffield. The umpire looked at both benches and instead of overreacting, said that both teams are even now.

This Detroit vs. Cleveland rivalry seems to be growing more intense upon each meeting. Should be an exciting summer for the race to the AL Central!

Go Tribe!

I wonder if Verlander will stink his entire career against Cleveland, for some reason he cannot pitch against them.
I don't remember what they said his record was, but it was dreadful, hopefully that will change sometime soon.

Jimbo

From ESPN.......

Verlander has struggled in Cleveland's ballpark, which was renamed from Jacobs Field to Progressive Field in the offseason. He's 1-5 with an 8.91 ERA in seven starts.

Woah! What a difference a day makes! 11-1 Tribe! oh Yeah!!! :D

A few game day notes:

This type of game was exactly what the Indians needed. Until last night, we've lost 6 of our last 7.

Looks like our future ACE (Fausto Carmona) had his wicked, one of a kind 95+mph sinking fastball working last night. It's amazing how many ground balls and broken bats that pitch produces.

Before the game, manager Eric Wedge called for a closed door meeting with the players. I guess that meeting lit a fire under the Tribe players. It showed by their efforts last night.

Great throw by Jason Michaels from left field to throw out Sheff at home! At the time, the Tribe lead was narrow and Detroit seemed to be rallying with 2 outs. That throw got us out of the inning unscathed.

I like that home plate umpire didn't overreact when Carmona got back at Detroit and Verlander for intentionally throwing at the back of Jason Michaels. Carmona, in what appeared to be a retaliation, threw at Sheffield. The umpire looked at both benches and instead of overreacting, said that both teams are even now.

This Detroit vs. Cleveland rivalry seems to be growing more intense upon each meeting. Should be an exciting summer for the race to the AL Central!

Go Tribe!

You guys had your "Closed Door " meeting, the Tigers was a week ago and they have since started playing better.

Sheff would have been safe had he bothered to slide.

I liked the response when Carmona threw at Sheff.
It was like OK, and went down to 1st.

The Rivalry will continue to grow as long as both teams are winning.

Jimbo

You guys had your "Closed Door " meeting, the Tigers was a week ago and they have since started playing better.

Sheff would have been safe had he bothered to slide.

I liked the response when Carmona threw at Sheff.
It was like OK, and went down to 1st.

The Rivalry will continue to grow as long as both teams are winning.

Jimbo

Leyland said that Sheff would have been out, even if he slid. "Not even close".
Round #2 - Cleveland.

Tribe wins 2 in a row! :bounce

CLE-4 @ MIN-0

Cliff Lee pitched another gem to earn his 3rd win of the season. 8 IP, 8k's, 1 Walk, 2 Hits, 0 ER. His ERA is now 0.40 for the year! Not bad for our #5 starter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)