Detroit Tigers 2008

OK, I'll accept the second statement. Meanwhile, Verlander can't seem to get on track for the Tigers. We're not going anywhere until he does.

OK, I'll accept the second statement. Meanwhile, Verlander can't seem to get on track for the Tigers. We're not going anywhere until he does.

Patience my friend.
Mr. Verlander is coming around, just not as quick as we all expected.

I think Leyland made a mistake with the pitchers in spring training not getting them enough innings and it's showing when they only go 5 innings.

Jimbo

Another great starting performance ruined by the Tribe. Carmona pitched 6.2 strong innings and gave up only 1 run. This time our bullpen exploded in the late innings by giving up 6. Didn't matter anyways, our offense can't score more than 2 runs in a game.

I wonder if it's too soon to start shopping one of our pitching prospects for some offensive help? Right now, we have 8 capable starting pitchers! If we could only put up at least 4 runs a game consistently, we'd be in so much better shape.

Maybe we have a shot tonight as Cliff Lee pitches. If he can throw his typical complete game shutout, maybe we have a chance?! :rolleyes:

Another great starting performance ruined by the Tribe. Carmona pitched 6.2 strong innings and gave up only 1 run. This time our bullpen exploded in the late innings by giving up 6. Didn't matter anyways, our offense can't score more than 2 runs in a game.

I wonder if it's too soon to start shopping one of our pitching prospects for some offensive help? Right now, we have 8 capable starting pitchers! If we could only put up at least 4 runs a game consistently, we'd be in so much better shape.

Maybe we have a shot tonight as Cliff Lee pitches. If he can throw his typical complete game shutout, maybe we have a chance?! :rolleyes:

"Typical complete game shutout"? This guy's been throwing shutouts for his whole career, and I'm just hearing about this guy this past week? How many complete game shutouts has he thrown? How does he get overlooked for the Cy Young award every year?:D
If someone had told that 27 games into the season that we would be tied with Cleveland, I would have said that it wouldn't surprise me. If he said we would both be under .500 and chasing the Royals by 2 1/2, and Chicago by 3, I would have laughed in his face. I guess the joke's on me. I sure hope things straighten out in May.

"Typical complete game shutout"? This guy's been throwing shutouts for his whole career, and I'm just hearing about this guy this past week? How many complete game shutouts has he thrown? How does he get overlooked for the Cy Young award every year?:D
If someone had told that 27 games into the season that we would be tied with Cleveland, I would have said that it wouldn't surprise me. If he said we would both be under .500 and chasing the Royals by 2 1/2, and Chicago by 3, I would have laughed in his face. I guess the joke's on me. I sure hope things straighten out in May.

Typical for the first month of this season I should say. Quiet, I don't want to jinx him! ;)

I am so excited for Cliff Lee. As you can tell, I just can't stop saying enough about him. Tonight he goes for his 5th win. Lee has allowed just one earned run and 11 hits in 31 2/3 innings, while walking only 2! I will be switching back and forth between the Cav's and Tribe tonight to see if he can lower his league leading 0.28 ERA.

Go Tribe!
Go Cav's!

Granderson is on the rip. This guy has more HR's this month, then he did last April, when he was healthy for the whole month. He's picked up right where he left off, last season. Speaking of HR totals, Sheffield has tied last April's total as well. This guy sure is a slow starter.

Granderson is on the rip. This guy has more HR's this month, then he did last April, when he was healthy for the whole month. He's picked up right where he left off, last season. Speaking of HR totals, Sheffield has tied last April's total as well. This guy sure is a slow starter.

Yup,
Granderson as us Tiger fans had hoped, has come back and has sparked the club :up
A HR in his first game was a plus, then he went on his HR tear, thats great, but I hope he doesn't start thinking like a HR hitter .....

I prerfer to see him hit TRIPLES, much more entertaining :D

As for Sheff, I think he's starting to feel better (shoulder) as he's starting to hit the ball hard again, hopefully it will continue to stay healthy.

Tonight Bondeman has looked good outside of the 1st inning, ( he loaded the bases) only gave up 2 runs and nothing since.
7.0 inn, 5 hits, 1 walk, So far.
btw, Leyland went out to talk with Bonderman in the middle of the first inning trouble and he's been steller since.
Don't know what he says to them, but it sure does work :)

Also, Polonco has 2 HR's tonight.

Jimbo

Indians score 8 and Cliff Lee wins again! His record is now 5-0! :eek: :D

Lee's consecutive scoreless innings streak ended at 27 last night. He gave up a 3 run home run in the 7th. That raised his ERA from 0.28 to 0.96. Still best in the bigs.

Before the game, Tribe Chief, Eric Wedge, rearranged the batting order and lineup. The results show that it worked.

The crafty veteran with the old school double pump wind-up, Paul Byrd, goes tonight.

Hey, hey, hey, hey......Go Tribe!

Yes but I noticed even more the quality of pitching from Mr. Bonderman. he was impressive, he finally started hitting that 94-95 mph velocity that has been missing, it's almost as if he has been scared to let it rip..

Very effective last night..

Indians score 8 and Cliff Lee wins again! His record is now 5-0! :eek: :D

Lee's consecutive scoreless innings streak ended at 27 last night. He gave up a 3 run home run in the 7th. That raised his ERA from 0.28 to 0.96. Still best in the bigs.

Before the game, Tribe Chief, Eric Wedge, rearranged the batting order and lineup. The results show that it worked.

The crafty veteran with the old school double pump wind-up, Paul Byrd, goes tonight.

Hey, hey, hey, hey......Go Tribe!

Hey HD DM,
Any idea what the run support is for Lee this year ?
Just wondering ....

Jimbo

Yes but I noticed even more the quality of pitching from Mr. Bonderman. he was impressive, he finally started hitting that 94-95 mph velocity that has been missing, it's almost as if he has been scared to let it rip..

Very effective last night..

Notice the difference after Mr. Leyland went to the mound in the first inning ?

I bet he told him to start pitching agressivley and that he didn't want to see the walks he gave up the last time out (7) He ended up walking 1 I think.

Jimbo

Good God! Another solid performance by our starting pitching. This time, our #4 Paul Byrd threw a shutout through 7.2 innings. If you throw out Sabathia's first few lousy starts, the Tribe would easily have the best ERA in the league by far.

Oh btw, Tribe won 3-2 in 11 innings last night. Once we get this offense to start hitting consistently, this team will be scary....

Sabathia 7.88 ERA
Carmona- 2.60 ERA
Westbrook- 2.73 ERA
Byrd- 3.74 ERA
Lee- 0.96 ERA

Great night for all Detroit teams last night. Pistons and Red Wings advance in the playoffs and the Tigers sweep the Yanks. Doesn't get much better.
The Pistons, Wings and Tigers are all legitimate contenders once again. As for the Lions, an 8-8 finish is considered a "Championship Season". William Clay Ford and family have been running the worst franchise in NFL history for more than 40 years. Can someone, anyone, please buy the Lions! Heck, even a Mark Cuban owned Detroit Lions would be an improvement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)