Detroit Tigers 2008

Jimbo, Sheff is signed through NEXT season, but he is starting to hit since being put back in LF. Willis scheduled to be back in a week, with Gallaraga going back to the minors. They should send Bondo and Robertson down instead. I couldn't cash my paycheck if I did work like those two. Thank God everyone in our division has problems winning right now, otherwise it would be over for us all ready.

Jimbo, Sheff is signed through NEXT season, but he is starting to hit since being put back in LF. Willis scheduled to be back in a week, with Gallaraga going back to the minors. They should send Bondo and Robertson down instead. I couldn't cash my paycheck if I did work like those two. Thank God everyone in our division has problems winning right now, otherwise it would be over for us all ready.

Didn't know Sheff was signed for next year too, anyways, thats good, I like him ...
I can tell that he's feeling better as he's starting to scorch the ball again and the pop ups are fewer now.

Yes, I think I read that Willis will be starting Monday in Toledo again, second attempt at a rehab stint.

Not sure what to make of Bonderman, He's been very good at times, but quite poor for most of the last 2 years , not what the Tigers signed him long term for.

I wonder if a change of scenery would help him. ???

Lets hope Willis is back on his game when he gets back.

Robertson is very predictable, if you watch the games he pitches (today I think) he will give up runs in the 4th or 5 th innings for sure, IF he hasn't given up any to that point.

Jimbo

Didn't know Sheff was signed for next year too, anyways, thats good, I like him ...
I can tell that he's feeling better as he's starting to scorch the ball again and the pop ups are fewer now.

Yes, I think I read that Willis will be starting Monday in Toledo again, second attempt at a rehab stint.

Not sure what to make of Bonderman, He's been very good at times, but quite poor for most of the last 2 years , not what the Tigers signed him long term for.

I wonder if a change of scenery would help him. ???

Lets hope Willis is back on his game when he gets back.

Robertson is very predictable, if you watch the games he pitches (today I think) he will give up runs in the 4th or 5 th innings for sure, IF he hasn't given up any to that point.

Jimbo

Seems to be the story of his season, hasn't it?

Not much lately, see as the starters are sucking it up big time. If i were Leyland, I would jumping down their throats, starting with my pitching coach. Strong list on paper, pathetic at 60' 6"s. Definitely on the top of my list of the disapointments this team has brought me.

Tigers game at 1 PM has been postponed ALREADY, (1:15pm) looks like a lot of continuing rain today ....

Maybe they can pick up a .5 game today and only be 2 GB by the end of the day.

Jimbo

Look's like the Tribe bat's may have found their groove! Beware AL Central and MLB!

Quick recap over the weekend and the Tribe's on-going 4 game series with the Blue Jays.....

Friday: Sabathia vs. Halladay. Classic pitching dual in the making. Tribe bats prevail en rout to a 6-1 victory. :D

Saturday: Laffey vs. McGowan. Finally, the Indians actually scored a few runs for the kid! Laffey (23 yrs old) has pitched light's out in all three games he's pitched in relief of Jake Westbrook (DL), and earned his first victory while improving his ERA to 1.83! Tribe won 12-0! :eek:

Sunday: Game was rained out. :(

Monday: 4pm/7:30pm traditional twi-night double header! 1st game features Fausto Carmona vs. A. J. Burnett and the 2nd features league leading ERA man Cliff Lee vs. Shaun Marcum.

Game 1 of the double header's in the books!

Tribe: 3- Jays- 0
Carmona pitched another gem. Complete game shutout. 9IP, 5H, 0ER!

1/2 game out of first in the AL Central!

By the time the second game of our double header is over, we could be in sole possession of first place!

Look's like the Tribe bat's may have found their groove! Beware AL Central and MLB!

Quick recap over the weekend and the Tribe's on-going 4 game series with the Blue Jays.....

Friday: Sabathia vs. Halladay. Classic pitching dual in the making. Tribe bats prevail en rout to a 6-1 victory. :D

Saturday: Laffey vs. McGowan. Finally, the Indians actually scored a few runs for the kid! Laffey (23 yrs old) has pitched light's out in all three games he's pitched in relief of Jake Westbrook (DL), and earned his first victory while improving his ERA to 1.83! Tribe won 12-0! :eek:

Sunday: Game was rained out. :(

Monday: 4pm/7:30pm traditional twi-night double header! 1st game features Fausto Carmona vs. A. J. Burnett and the 2nd features league leading ERA man Cliff Lee vs. Shaun Marcum.

Boy, with the stunning reports were getting from you, it sounds like the Indians are, what , about 10-15 games in front of everyone, may as well wrap up the division, you magic number should be about 5 by now .... :D

Jimbo

Game 1 of the double header's in the books!

Tribe: 3- Jays- 0
Carmona pitched another gem. Complete game shutout. 9IP, 5H, 0ER!

1/2 game out of first in the AL Central!

By the time the second game of our double header is over, we could be in sole possession of first place!

Game 2 of the Double header ended up in a tough 3-0, 10 inning loss, although there were a few significant highlights in the game....

*Indians second baseman Asdrubal Cabrera turned the 14th unassisted triple play in major league history!!!! :eek:

*Cliff Lee (no decision), pitched 9 scoreless innings and lowered his league leading ERA to 0.67!!!! :eek:

Game 2 of the Double header ended up in a tough 3-0, 10 inning loss, although there were a few significant highlights in the game....

*Indians second baseman Asdrubal Cabrera turned the 14th unassisted triple play in major league history!!!! :eek:

*Cliff Lee (no decision), pitched 9 scoreless innings and lowered his league leading ERA to 0.67!!!! :eek:

I found a VERY significant highlight :
Your Closer gave up 3 runs, much like the Tigers Closer gave up 4 the other night, but hung on to win by one.

Jimbo

Interestingly enough.
As I look at the standing this morning in the AL:
I found that it is not only the Tigers and Indians that are having tough beginnings.
(more than a beginning at this point)
8 of the 14 teams are at or below .500.
Other than Seattle, all teams are in a tight race being only 5.5 GB from first at this point.
Seeing the current situation of being only 5.5 GB, any of these teams could go on a 2 week streak and end up in first place.

What a topsy turvy baseball season it has been so far. :D

Jimbo

Here's a You-Tube Video of the 14th unassisted triple play in major league history as completed by Cabrera last night. I think even Detroit fans can appreciate this amazing feat...

YouTube - Asdrubal Cabrera Turns Unassisted Triple Play 5/12/08

It's time for Detroit to step up and start playing like contenders instead of pretenders. It has to start tonight with Robertson. We got the Twinkies, and we're 4 1/2 out. To say this team has been frustrating to me, would be a gross understatement. Time to get off the pot.

Excuse me, I meant KC, in my previous post. At any rate the Tigers just plain suck. They finally get a servicable performance from Roberstson, and the hitters leave nine on base, and the defense gives the game away. I'll be back when this team finds itself, it's getting old writing about a team with it's head up it's a**.

Explain to me why Robertson was pulled after 82 pitches, and 2 runs???

Leyland seems to be the problem with this team if you ask me. Sure they should be hitting, and pitching but some of the moves this guy makes just pisses me off.

Playing people because of money? That is ignorant. Time to start making these guys earn playing time, I say call up the red hot, yet HUNGRY mud hens squad, and let these over priced verterans go to AAA to learn how to play again..

Not sure if any other AL Central fans besides Tiger fans frequent this thread anymore, but I will continue to post my Tribe fun facts and updates in hopes there is someone out there who appreciates them ;).....

Pitching was lights-out again last night, as my Tribe prevailed 4-0 against the A's. Stop me if you've heard this before. ;)

This latest shutout by Byrd was the 4th shutout by Tribe pitching in 7 games!!!!

As a matter of fact, in the last 5 games, our starters have given up only 1 run in 39.1 innings of work!!! :eek:

Fri: Sabathia- 7IP, 1ER
Sat: Lafey- 7IP, 0ER
Mon (Day): Carmona- 9IP, 0ER
Mon (Night): Lee- 9IP, 0ER
Tue: Byrd- 7.1IP, 0ER

Explain to me why Robertson was pulled after 82 pitches, and 2 runs???

Leyland seems to be the problem with this team if you ask me. Sure they should be hitting, and pitching but some of the moves this guy makes just pisses me off.

Playing people because of money? That is ignorant. Time to start making these guys earn playing time, I say call up the red hot, yet HUNGRY mud hens squad, and let these over priced verterans go to AAA to learn how to play again..

Who did he bring in and what were the circumstances on base ?

Jimbo

Not sure if any other AL Central fans besides Tiger fans frequent this thread anymore, but I will continue to post my Tribe fun facts and updates in hopes there is someone out there who appreciates them ;).....

Pitching was lights-out again last night, as my Tribe prevailed 4-0 against the A's. Stop me if you've heard this before. ;)

This latest shutout by Byrd was the 4th shutout by Tribe pitching in 7 games!!!!

As a matter of fact, in the last 5 games, our starters have given up only 1 run in 39.1 innings of work!!! :eek:

Fri: Sabathia- 7IP, 1ER
Sat: Lafey- 7IP, 0ER
Mon (Day): Carmona- 9IP, 0ER
Mon (Night): Lee- 9IP, 0ER
Tue: Byrd- 7.1IP, 0ER

To expand the above list, Sabathia pitched last night to the tune of 9IP, 5H, 0ER and 11K.

This now makes 43.1 consecutive innings that our starters haven't surrendered a single run and thru 48.1 innings, they've only given up 1 run!! This has to be approaching some sort of record! :eek:

Fri (9h): Sabathia- 7IP, 1ER
Sat(10th): Lafey- 7IP, 0ER
Mon (Day-12th): Carmona- 9IP, 0ER
Mon (Night-12th): Lee- 9IP, 0ER
Tue (13th): Byrd- 7.1IP, 0ER
Wed (14th): Sabathia- 9IP, 0ER

Last edited:

Behold, the Worst Sportscaster Ever!

Patriots/Colts- One Year Later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)