Detroit Tigers 2008

What exactly has Cubans basketball team done? Well besides imploding over the last 2 and a half years.

No thanks

Who cares what his basketball teams have done ....
The point is that he's not afraid to spend money for players, unlike the Fords with the Lions in most cases.

Jimbo

Tigers go out and sweep the Yankees and then promptly LOSE three straight to the Now first place Twins.

Go Figure ...

Last night with Verlander on the mound pitching quite well.
He was pitching well had given up 1 run into the 7th had set down like the first 12-15 batters, simpley crusing along, it all fell apart in the 7th and 8th.

Today Kenny Rogers goes into the 4-5 th innings pitching no hit ball as well, with a 6/B] run lead, leaves the game with a 6-3 lead and Twins seem to get a bunch of seeing eye hits and come back and WIN 7-6.

Will the REAL Tigers PLEASE stand up , some time soon ?

I suppose this will all change again in a week or two, the AL Central is up for grabs by ANYONE that wants it.
Tigers lose 3 this weekend and only lose a .5 game in the standings.

Jimbo

Look around the league, no team is running away with anything.

Gonna be a long hard fought season, and right now it appears Detroit expected to have it handed to them.

Who cares what his basketball teams have done ....
The point is that he's not afraid to spend money for players, unlike the Fords with the Lions in most cases.

Jimbo

The Lions spend right up to the cap every season, it's not a matter of spending the money, as much as it is about who they spend it on. Too many bad free agent decisions. Don't get me started on their drafting...

Back to our regular scheduled programming....

I leave town for a few days, and the Central Division is all shook up again. Leyland promises a lineup change today. Look for Granderson in the 3 slot tonight? Personally I would do it, Sheffield isn't doing much there.

The Lions spend right up to the cap every season, it's not a matter of spending the money, as much as it is about who they spend it on. Too many bad free agent decisions. Don't get me started on their drafting...

Back to our regular scheduled programming....

I leave town for a few days, and the Central Division is all shook up again. Leyland promises a lineup change today. Look for Granderson in the 3 slot tonight? Personally I would do it, Sheffield isn't doing much there.

Well, In case you've missed it.
Grandersdon is still in the # 1 spot
Guillen moves to 3
Sheff to 6 and LF
Jacque Jones has been optioned to Toledo , I think it's to Toledo, I know for sure he's not in Detroit.

Matt Joyce up from Toledo to play RF, he was hitting .299 with six doubles, five home runs and 21 RBIs.

Maggs to DH tonight.

Still NO PITCHING, Bonderman gives up 4 thru 4, so far.

Game is on ESPN, so I expect a blow out, they cannot play on ESPN as they have shown several times already this year.

Jimbo

Jones is designated for assignment. As for Granderson, well I'm not right all the time, am I? As for the rest of the changes, Renteria and Rodriguez were moved to #8 and #9 respectively. Didn't help much anyhow. Sheffield is being given the benefit of his stellar career, but his days could be numbered if he doesn't start producing. But then, I could be wrong, again.

Looks like the Tigers lost a HD cam last nite lol, the Tiger's pitcher threw it too low bounced on the side of the plate right in to the HD camera lens. Ouch that going cost a pretty penny.

Jones is designated for assignment. As for Granderson, well I'm not right all the time, am I? As for the rest of the changes, Renteria and Rodriguez were moved to #8 and #9 respectively. Didn't help much anyhow. Sheffield is being given the benefit of his stellar career, but his days could be numbered if he doesn't start producing. But then, I could be wrong, again.

I think you are very right as far as Sheff goes, his contract is up after this year and I don't see him coming back, although I have enjoyed his time here, when he's healthy he pounds the ball ...still...

Tigers need PITCHING # 1 and some offense would help as well.

fwiw, Jir Jirjuns pitched and WON again tonight, he's now 4-2 with around a 3.35 era.

Jimbo

Baseball is a simple game - hit the ball, throw throw the ball, catch the ball. The Tigers are doing none of the above. Fortunately we're still only 3 1/2 out of first. Better to slump now then in the second half of the season, as has been their custom, I guess. Too much talent here for this to continue, though.
I'd still make the trade for Renteria in a heartbeat, but we sure could use Jirjjuns arm right now, couldn't we?

I don't know how Cliff Lee's early accomplishments aren't more intriguing to every MLB fan, regarding fan affiliation?

Here's an interesting note: The four other pitchers to win their first six starts and post a sub-1.00 ERA all went on to win the Cy Young award. That would be a heck of an accomplishment for a pitcher who couldn't get anybody out in 2007.

Remember, Cliffy was optioned down to play AAA ball last year in Buffalo. There must've been something there that motivated him to never want to go back! I advise Cliff to have a long hard talk with Travis Hafner about Buffalo. Maybe once he hears the truth about Buffalo, he may shape up his act too! ;)

:up

May we see Ric Porcello soon, another young pitcher the Tigers are high on. ?

Jimbo

Porcello's ERA is looking very nice down on the farm, but that still is a long way from Detroit, and major league hitting. He is, after all, only 19. I don't think they are that desperate yet. Hate to see this kid ruined before his time.

I don't know how Cliff Lee's early accomplishments aren't more intriguing to every MLB fan, regarding fan affiliation?

Here's an interesting note: The four other pitchers to win their first six starts and post a sub-1.00 ERA all went on to win the Cy Young award. That would be a heck of an accomplishment for a pitcher who couldn't get anybody out in 2007.

Remember, Cliffy was optioned down to play AAA ball last year in Buffalo. There must've been something there that motivated him to never want to go back! I advise Cliff to have a long hard talk with Travis Hafner about Buffalo. Maybe once he hears the truth about Buffalo, he may shape up his act too! ;)

It's a long season HD. Bonderman started 10 -1 last season, finished the season on the DL. Lee is having a fine season, so far.

Tigers continue to lose, but still only 3.5 games out.

They are starting to get positive info about Zumaya and Rodney, now that they have the bull pen pitching better.
They need to figure out who stole thier pitchers over the winter or they won't be going anywhere.
Maybe they took a trip to Roswell this winter.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)