Detroit Tigers 2008

Miner has 8 wins this season. Why did they ever take this guy out of the rotation in the first place? Him and Gallaraga have been the only bright spots on a woeful pitching staff.

Paul,
The Tigers season ended about a week after the Pudge trade.

I take it No one informed you, sorry about that ....:)

Jimbo

LMAO:D There are no words to express my disappointment in this team. I had to post something so that this thread didn't get lost before my post season report (it won't be kind).

Not to bring back a dead thread, but I wanted to point out:

THE TIGERS ARE OFFICIALLY IN LAST PLACE IN THE CENTERAL.

Pitiful.

Pitiful indeed. And to top it off, the 2 top salaried teams in baseball will not be playing baseball in October this year, but the #29th team will! :bounce

1. New York Yankees-----'08 Payroll= $209,081,579
. Detroit Tigers----------'08 Payroll= $138,685,197
29. Tampa Bay Rays-----'08 Payroll= $43,820,598

This is more disappointing than anything the Detroit Lions have done. With the Lions, I expected them to suck, but the Tigers have talent. Unfortunately none of it showed up to pitch this season. What bothers me most is how they just up and quit this season. They've been phoning it in for the last 2 months. Some of them will not be here next season, no matter what Leyland thinks. (He suggested the other day that the roster just needs minor tweeks.)

Pitiful indeed. And to top it off, the 2 top salaried teams in baseball will not be playing baseball in October this year, but the #29th team will! :bounce

1. New York Yankees-----'08 Payroll= $209,081,579
. Detroit Tigers----------'08 Payroll= $138,685,197
29. Tampa Bay Rays-----'08 Payroll= $43,820,598

Just goes to show that money can't buy championships, but it is hard to argue with the business model. The Yankee's have been in the playoffs for a long time till this season. And I won't knock Illitch for trying to bring a winner to Detroit, at least we aren't losing because our owner was too cheap to pay for talent. It's not his fault the players didn't perform up to expectations. I'll have my grades when the season ends. I already know what they are, and they aren't good.

Just goes to show that money can't buy championships, but it is hard to argue with the business model. The Yankee's have been in the playoffs for a long time till this season. And I won't knock Illitch for trying to bring a winner to Detroit, at least we aren't losing because our owner was too cheap to pay for talent. It's not his fault the players didn't perform up to expectations. I'll have my grades when the season ends. I already know what they are, and they aren't good.

I agree. In fact, I thought the Tigers put together one of the best offseasons in baseball history when they went out and acquired the likes of Miguel Cabrera, Dontrelle Willis, Edgar Renteria, and Jacque Jones to go along with an already star-studded team. The problem was only one of the guys I mentioned contributed as expected in '08, and then there was the loss of Bonderman, the declining play of Pudge, Kenny Rogers, and Sheffield, and the bullpen woes. I admit it, I fell for the hype and picked the Tigers to win it all this year....it just wasn't meant to be.

I agree. In fact, I thought the Tigers put together one of the best offseasons in baseball history when they went out and acquired the likes of Miguel Cabrera, Dontrelle Willis, Edgar Renteria, and Jacque Jones to go along with an already star-studded team. The problem was only one of the guys I mentioned contributed as expected in '08, and then there was the loss of Bonderman, the declining play of Pudge, Kenny Rogers, and Sheffield, and the bullpen woes. I admit it, I fell for the hype and picked the Tigers to win it all this year....it just wasn't meant to be.

The complete implosion of the pitching staff (top to bottom) doomed them, right from day one.

This is more disappointing than anything the Detroit Lions have done. With the Lions, I expected them to suck, but the Tigers have talent. Unfortunately none of it showed up to pitch this season. What bothers me most is how they just up and quit this season. They've been phoning it in for the last 2 months. Some of them will not be here next season, no matter what Leyland thinks. (He suggested the other day that the roster just needs minor tweeks.)

Paul, so true. Someone needs to sit down and explain the facts to Leyland

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)