Detroit Tigers 2008

Ahh...the Florida Marlins of the American League....my OFFICIAL FAVORITE TEAM in the American League!!! I wish the Detroit Tigers well....they have two of my favorite Marlins(they will always be Marlins first, to me....:() in Pudge(one of my ALL TIME FAV players) and Miggie(Miguel Cabrera)....and of course, honorable mention fav in Dontrell. He ran a click with for pitchers in the Miami area a few years ago and that guy is WAY BEYOND a class act. I assure you he WILL be a fan fav, if not THE FAN FAV, very soon.

Speaking of the Blue Jays, I come across an article in the newspaper at work where the management of the Blue Jays practically said they dreaded every regular season game against the Tigers, thought they had the best lineup in the American League, and looked to see them in the playoffs.

In the same article, it was said that the Blue Jays had improved tremendously. They shook things up in the infield and need a healthy bullpen. The biggest problem for them is that they are playing in the AL East. Regardless, IMHO, I think the Tigers are serious contenders for the American League Championship. My father "moved" years ago just to catch the Tigers games and is very excited about this season... :rolleyes:

Cade

No confirmation yet, but I read somewhere that it would be 75 games in HD, this season.

That would equate to most of the Home games, I'm hoping for more, they should be able to do HD away games as well .... At least you would hope, I would imagine it probably has something to do with contracts.

Jimbo

The real thing that matters in these spring training games, take a look at the line score and the first 4-5 innings. Tigers look very good offensively so far when the starters are in.

This weekends games are on WXYT and most of the Tigers usual radio stations. 1pm Sat & Sun.

I'm getting VERY excited.....Got home today and FedEx had delivered my 27 game package tickets! 2nd row of upper deck along first base, best I can afford :) Just wish the word upper deck wasn't there, but it's about a $2000 difference.

That would equate to most of the Home games, I'm hoping for more, they should be able to do HD away games as well .... At least you would hope, I would imagine it probably has something to do with contracts.

Jimbo

I think it is production cost or limits at FSN's faciltiy in Houston still.

They did some road games last year - not alot - but some. Also did some road games for the Wings during Christmas this year.

We know they CAN do them, they just need to WANT to do them all in HD.

I wish I could afford season tickets again, looks like the only way I'm going to get to go to a game, is to buy tickets guys like you don't use. Keep me in mind guys, if you got tickets you aren't using.

Tigers won again yesterday, (not that it really matters), Verlander (Cy Young this year), and Porcello (Cy Young future) shut the Blue Jays down. Porcello threw 2 innings, through the heart of the lineup, not allowing a ball out of the infield. I can see this kid in the rotation in 2010, if not next year.

The news just said tickets are selling at a fast rate this year so far, there is a lot of talk about them going all the way this year, knock on wood:)..Cya Slick

For the first time today, I actually sat down and looked at the Tigers starting line-up....and IF that starting lineup stays healthy...that is THE BEST HITTING LINEUP in ALL of Major League baseball.....HANDS DOWN!! Forget the Mets, Yankees, Red Sox and ANYONE ELSES lineup....WOW, that is scary!!!

For the first time today, I actually sat down and looked at the Tigers starting line-up....and IF that starting lineup stays healthy...that is THE BEST HITTING LINEUP in ALL of Major League baseball.....HANDS DOWN!! Forget the Mets, Yankees, Red Sox and ANYONE ELSES lineup....WOW, that is scary!!!

They're the talk of the town here in Detroit. Expectations are high. If the pitching returns to '06 form, it could be pretty exciting around here, come October.

GO TIGERS! WORLD SERIES IN '08!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)